Nest Cam live stream

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nest Cam live stream

I think I recall reading somewhere that the nest plugin can't support displaying the live stream. However, I just saw the propaganda video for the Bonjour alarm clock:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...icial-intellig

One of the tricks the alarm clock does is displays a Nest Cam video feed when needed. I'm wondering if there isn't something in the API these days to allow for that?

I'm testing out a Nest Cam right now as a candidate to replace my Foscams, and I'd really like to do so but if I can't embed the streams into HSTouch (password protected) then I guess i'll need to stick with Foscam.

regards,

Paul

Were you able to confirm whether you can get a live feed from a Nest camera in HS Touch or any other way in HS3?

Comment

I don't think it's possible to get a live feed of the camera, the Nest API only provide link (URL) to page that display the live feed.

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
        I don't think it's possible to get a live feed of the camera, the Nest API only provide link (URL) to page that display the live feed.

I'm relatively sure it's possible, I've seen video of some new devices coming out that support Nest and are able to display the feed. Also looking through the API documentation I thought I saw a couple of things that looked like you could pull the feed, but my coding skills are definitely not up to the task....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by paul View Post
          I'm relatively sure it's possible, I've seen video of some new devices coming out that support Nest and are able to display the feed. Also looking through the API documentation I thought I saw a couple of things that looked like you could pull the feed, but my coding skills are definitely not up to the task....

I still think it is impossible to get a direct mjpeg feed (or any other format) that would be compatible with HSTouch.
          Here is the API documentation for cameras: https://developers.nest.com/document...d/camera-guide
          Let me know where you see this feature?

Comment

Yeah it's certainly possible that what you can get isn't compatible. I'll see if I can find the bits I was looking at.

Comment

Working...
            X