Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Working In Reverse

Hi All
    I'm in the process of setting up an Arduino to control a relay board to control a number of motorise valve on my heating.
    I have uploaded the Arduino Plugin and carried the instructions to set it up.
    I have then linked the Relay board to the Arduino and then carried out a test but it all seam to be working in reverse every time i press the off button the relay linked to that point comes on and when I press the on button it goes off.
    Also the Arduino status bar is always showing a status of "Disconnected".
    Has anyone come across this and how can I correct is?

if you go to the output device config page from the device manager and click on the Arduino tab you will find an invert option that if you set it to "yes" should fix your problem.

The disconnected is strange. I would need a debug to see what is going on.

Greig.
    Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
    X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
    Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
    Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
    Scripts =
    Various

Comment

Greig,
      only for my curiosity: data between PC and arduino board are inverted?
      In my case all works well but in my log I can see:
      Code:
      gen-08 10:36:28	 	Arduino Plugin	Change of Device Board:2, Output:1, Pin:10 To Value 0
      gen-08 10:36:28	 	Device Control	Device: Arduino Plugin Board:2, Output:1, Pin:10 to On (1) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
      So, when I put ON (1) an OUT arduino device, "0" (zero) is sent to arduino. Correct?

Comment

Originally posted by khriss75 View Post
        Greig,
        only for my curiosity: data between PC and arduino board are inverted?
        In my case all works well but in my log I can see:
        Code:
        gen-08 10:36:28	 	Arduino Plugin	Change of Device Board:2, Output:1, Pin:10 To Value 0
        gen-08 10:36:28	 	Device Control	Device: Arduino Plugin Board:2, Output:1, Pin:10 to On (1) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
        So, when I put ON (1) an OUT arduino device, "0" (zero) is sent to arduino. Correct?
        Normally the output pin on the Arduino is high when the HS device is On. When inverted, the pin is low when the HS device is On.
        HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
          Normally the output pin on the Arduino is high when the HS device is On. When inverted, the pin is low when the HS device is On.
          Exactly my situation: output arduino pin high with HS device ON (In my case, no pin inverted). But checking the log, when I set device ON, arduino pin became High (and this is correct) but on the log i see "Arduino Plugin Change of Device Board:2, Output:1, Pin:10 To Value 0". I expect "Pin:10 To Value 1" not to Value 0.
          I repeat, all works correctly is this "value 0"... As said, only a curiosity :-)

Comment

Originally posted by khriss75 View Post
            Exactly my situation: output arduino pin high with HS device ON (In my case, no pin inverted). But checking the log, when I set device ON, arduino pin became High (and this is correct) but on the log i see "Arduino Plugin Change of Device Board:2, Output:1, Pin:10 To Value 0". I expect "Pin:10 To Value 1" not to Value 0.
            I repeat, all works correctly is this "value 0"... As said, only a curiosity :-)
            In Arduino speak, the pin is High at 0, Low at 1. The plug-in is handling the inversion, the inversion is not handled in the sketch. It is essentially the same as relabeling the values on the HS device. Before Greig put the inversion in the configuration, that's how we did it. The reason Greig put it in the configuration is so that the change would persist over version upgrades, where editing the HS device didn't.
            HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Working...
            X