This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Erratic flashing on Insteon Dimmer Switches

I am adding my Insteon devices to a new Troller Zee system. The devices work OK (ON and OFF) but when I try to turn them on using the Dimmer Function they dim but when I try to turn the light off it just blinks continuously until I un-link the device. I am on the second dimmer test and the same thing is occurring. Any help appreciated.

Please try a factory reset on the switches. And then use the program device for home seer in plugin to rebuild links
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
      Please try a factory reset on the switches. And then use the program device for home seer in plugin to rebuild links
      I did a factory reset on the switch then deleted it from the HomeSeer system then added it back in the system but was still getting similar erratic function. So I tried restarting the HomeTroller Zee and now it appears to be fixed. There is some lag on the device control however.

Also I am running the Insteon Hub in parallel with the devices until I get everything migrated to the new controller. Is this a problem?

Do I need to do a factory reset on the remaining devices before I add them to the new system?.....thank you very much.

Comment

You shouldn't need to factory reset every device. Remember when you reset a device, the links to the hub will be erased.

running homeseer/plm and hub in parallel shouldn't be a problems; others do it.

regarding the lag, please enable detailed logging in the plugin, and then control the device in question. Then post a log snippet of the log entries related to the transaction
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
          You shouldn't need to factory reset every device. Remember when you reset a device, the links to the hub will be erased.

running homeseer/plm and hub in parallel shouldn't be a problems; others do it.

regarding the lag, please enable detailed logging in the plugin, and then control the device in question. Then post a log snippet of the log entries related to the transaction
          I tried the Dimmer switch today and it is doing the same thing....blinking on and off when I attempt to dim it. Unlinking the device in the "Linked Device Field" by setting it to "Not Linked" on the Configuration page the switch it stops blinking and works fine. When set to not linked how is the device controlled? How is this happening? Is there something I am missing? The factory reset doesn't appear to fix the problem. I am ready to go back to the Insteon Hub and quit....lol...Any help appreciated...

Do you think the new PLM has some effect on the problem?.....Or should the "Linked Device:" field be set to "Not Linked"..?....Am i linking the devices to themselves by entering each device in that field on the Configuration page?....

Also when unlinked from the Configuration page there is no lag when it is controlled and the response is great....

That was the problem i think....operator error...What is the purpose of that field on the Configuration page? Linking the device to a different device? and when is that used?....Sorry for wasting your time but I am new to this setup and the learning curve is rather steep for me....
          Last edited by neutronspin; December 12, 2017, 10:31 AM.

Comment

please do not use the HS field "Linked Device Field" with any device created by my plugin.

if you need create an insteon link between two devices use the plugin
            Last edited by mnsandler; December 12, 2017, 12:51 PM.
            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Thank you very much.

Comment

Working...
              X