Wireless Doorbell with Homeseer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wireless Doorbell with Homeseer

Hi, I am trying to find a way to install a wireless doorbell in my house that will log (or trigger events) in homeseer. Everything I have read about doorbells on here is integrating with a wired doorbell. I don't want to run cables to the door. It would be nice if there was a device that looks like those wireless doorbells you see at walmart that can be addressed to X10. Let me know your ideas. Thanks.

Connect your doorbell button to de DS10 Door/window sensor. This signal can be received with the W800RF32.

Henk

Comment

... connect a powerflash unit to the chime on the receiver part of the door bell and it will send an X10 signal.

-Rupp
      Isn't Disney World a people trap operated by a mouse?
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Do a search for "not with MR26" under the "X10 MR26" topic and you will see some posts regarding wireless doorbells.

I am using "Big Red" KR15A's for wireless doorbell buttons. They are finicky to program and don,t work with MR26 but they will work with TM523 receivers. I bought four to get two that would work and they are still working two years later. They were really inexpensive on Ebay.

Good luck !
        Neil
        Newmarket Ontario

Comment

Those two replys are assuming I already have a doorbell right? I don't. There are no cables going to the door and no button. I need something smaller than the big red button to put outside. I am suprised X10 hasn't made something like this. Thanks.

Comment

No. My reply is assuming you are installing a wireless door bell. A push button out side and a receiver inside. Then tap into the receivers "speaker/bell" and attach a powerflash module. When the bell is activated it will be detected by the powerflash and send an X10 signal.

-Rupp
            Isn't Disney World a people trap operated by a mouse?
            💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Working...
            X