This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

October Bug Hunt!

Following in the footsteps of many other great software projects, I'm initiating a "Bug Hunt" for the remainder of the month. This is a great opportunity to share any issues/complaints you may have with the current version of the plug-in. All issues posted in this thread will be addressed beginning in November. Even if you've posted about a particular bug in the past please repost it here if the issue still exists. I want to catch anything that may have "slipped through the cracks".

P. S. - In November we'll start a "Feature Hunt" thread!

-Nitrox

I'll kick off the thread with a known lingering bug:

- Plugin is Non-funtional under Win98

-Nitrox

Comment

And another:

- When installing the plugin for the first time it appears the "Armed Status" and "Chime Status" devices are being swapped upon creation.

-Nitrox

Comment

Nitrox,
        This program has been very stable and almost bug free for me since the last release. The issue I had with the program taking a long time to start communications with the panel was my chief complaint. Once I understood the issue, because of my 70 plus zones, I just wait about two minutes at Homeseer start up and communications begins.
        The only other issue I have noticed is the "Armed" and "Armed Stay" seems incorrect. When Armed" it indicates "Armed Stay".
        This is a great program- it's the center of my Alarm system. I hope you know I really appreciate the obvious skill and talent that went into to this development. I can't wait until "New Features" month!
        By the way- I hope you continue to play with the NX-590e- I have had one since they were first introduced and see many opportunities for enhancements.
        Jim

Comment

Does that mean there will be an update for the bugs posted in Early Nov?

Comment

November is here! There's not as many bugs posted as I expected but I guess that's good news!

I should have a release ready next week and I will also be starting a thread for feature requests.

-Nitrox

Comment

Nitrox,

Don't forget this one.

http://ubb.homeseer.com/eve/ubb.x?a=...62&m=108103636

Comment

Got it, thanks!

-Nitrox

Comment

Nitrox,

Not a bug so much as an install issue. I recently used the HS Installer to grab v2.6 to upgrade from v2.3. It appeared to install properly, asked me if I was running ActivePerl 5.8 (5.8.2 is what I use) and everything completed properly. Or so it seemed.

Upon starting HS, I am now getting an Unknown Automation Error when HS tries to confirm the Caddx plugin. I checked that both the hsCaddx.exe and hspi_Caddx.dll were properly replaced, and the perl58.dll is not inthe hS dir. The hspi DLL was registered properly as well, but I went thru the cycle to unregister and re-register it. Still no go.

Any ideas what happened? I can go back to 2.3 easy enough - haven't tried that.

HS 1.7.7
                  |
                  | - Gordon

"I'm a Man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess." - Man's Prayer, Possum Lodge, The Red Green Show
                  HiddenGemStudio.com - MaineMusicians.org - CunninghamCreativeMaine.website

Comment

More info: Actual error from log:

11/5/2004 1:10:44 PM~!~Error~!~Cannot access plug-in: hspi_Caddx.dll->Automation error
                    Unspecified error
                    |
                    | - Gordon

"I'm a Man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess." - Man's Prayer, Possum Lodge, The Red Green Show
                    HiddenGemStudio.com - MaineMusicians.org - CunninghamCreativeMaine.website

Comment

Gordon, the error is due to a limitation of ActiveState Perl. When choosing the option to use your installed version of Perl it needs to be the exact version to what I compiled against. In the case of the 2.6 release you will need AS Perl version 5.8.3(build 809) installed.

You may want to hold of for a couple of days before upgrading as the next release is compiled against 5.8.4(build 810).

-Nitrox

Comment

Working...
                      X