www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > HomeSeer Products & Services > HomeSeer General Discussion Area > Migrating to HomeSeer (From Another System)

Migrating to HomeSeer (From Another System) Are you migrating from another system to HomeSeer? Use this forum to connect with others who've done the same thing!

Old May 16th, 2017, 10:21 PM
Seer Deluxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkman View Post
You may only be able to associate a single device on Group 1 on some devices. If you remove the Vera from Group 1 and add HS, does it work properly then?
... give that man a prize!

Looks like the Schlage, being old Zwave (not Gen5) can only respond and associate 1 controller on Group 1 even though they can add 2 into Group 2, they do not respond to Group 2. VERY ODD!

we also learn, it seems, Homeseer Tech Support is no better than Vera support... HS Support's answer was "Homeseer not made to be secondary and it wont work correctly"
... clearly support having no clue so they make up some BS answer hoping you are dumb. Where's the honestly? Where's the expertise?

thank you SPARK!
Old May 16th, 2017, 11:27 PM
OverSeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ltek View Post
... give that man a prize!

Looks like the Schlage, being old Zwave (not Gen5) can only respond and associate 1 controller on Group 1 even though they can add 2 into Group 2, they do not respond to Group 2. VERY ODD!

we also learn, it seems, Homeseer Tech Support is no better than Vera support... HS Support's answer was "Homeseer not made to be secondary and it wont work correctly"
... clearly support having no clue so they make up some BS answer hoping you are dumb. Where's the honestly? Where's the expertise?

thank you SPARK!
You're welcome and glad that worked for you. Each association group has a different function, so not too surprising that group 2 did not work. I couldn't find any info online about what the association groups for those sensors are for.

Cheers
Al
UltraGCIR GC-100|UltraNetcam|UltraPioneer|Ultra1Wire|DSC PC1832|BLLED|BLTVGuide|ImperiHome|jon00 Utilities|MySensors

PHLocation|X10 CM11A IOLinc,etc
Old May 19th, 2017, 01:07 AM
Seer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ltek View Post
I imported all my devices from Vera (primary) to HS3 (secondary). They all imported and when I wake then created child devices as expected.

My two Schlage door locks, GE & Aeon appliance switches, GE wall switch, Fibaro & Monoprice multi motions work fine (except battery level does not show on motions)

BUT all Schlage brand door and motion sensors (8 total) do not show any status (trips). Rescan works fine - log below of recan of Node 20 motion sensor...
Hi..

can you guide my step by step how did you config the HS3 as secondary to the vera and move all your devices i'm also going to do this and after check that every thing work o.k make my HS3 as primary but i don't want to make mistake.

thanks.
Old May 19th, 2017, 10:38 PM
Seer

I'd be keen to read a step by step as well.

Thanks