No announcement yet.

Sporadic Error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

can you try to figure out the pattern that causes this error. maybe the number of faulted zones when you clear another, or something like that.

I need a reproducible set of steps on order to correct this.
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Not completely sure but it does appear that zone 35 which is a PIR movement is a large part of the problem. Sat outside and let the house quiet. Walked in and triggered just the movement detector and got the error. Went back outside, waited and triggered it again 10 minutes later. Same error. Two additional doors open.

Think I should delete and re-add the zone?

Comment

If it's not too much trouble to delete it from the plugin and re-add Then please do
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Ok, spent the day staring at the log as well as deleting zones... think I may be on to something as the error has not reoccurred of 5 hours.. tell me if this makes sense...

It appears that zone 2 the hard wired garage door unit somehow got a code assigned to the device. In this case A2. That made the address of the device "Vista Zone 2-A2"

Fixing this seemed to straighten it up.

Does that make some sense from your perspective? It is possible that I changed something else but my money in on that.

Thank you for your great support,

Chris

Comment

Yah that makes sense. The A2 code will mess up the plugin it changes the address which is the key to finding the devices
            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Well, maybe declared victory too early. Let it soak till this morning and starting adding back in actions.... and ... its baaaack.. Here is the log not in debug and an event that triggered at exactly the same time :

Jun-14 10:23:40 AM Vista Alarm Error: System.InvalidOperationException: Collection was modified; enumeration operation may not execute. at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowInvalidOperationException(ExceptionR esource resource) at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.ValueCollection.Enum erator.MoveNext() at HSPI_VistaAlarm.VistaAlarmClass.ZonesCollection.UpdateCleare dZones(MessageCollection& Messages, Boolean BypassMode, PartitionClass Partition) [3.0.0.31]
              Jun-14 10:23:39 AM Vista Alarm FAULT 35

Here is the event:
              Attached Files

Comment

are you setting the value of a vista alarm zone device?
                Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Not intentionally or by desire. I'll do a deep dive this evening. The oddity is that these events have been in place log before the errors showed.

Again, thank you for your support

Chris

Comment

Mark,

Just to follow-up and let you know where I am at.

I took the last day or so and took apart the event above. The purpose was to when there was movement (fault on motion zone 35) to set a device noting the zone (family room) had movement detected, set a device that the house was occupied, delete any current delayed events for the device that keeps the status (step 2 of the event) then lastly set a delayed event to change to no motion the status (again step 2 of the event).

What I did was delete the event and rebuild the event one action at a time. Letting it soak for 4 hours or so.

The result was that were no errors until I added back in the delete delayed event.

The error was predictable as long as there was a delayed event to delete. The other apparent oddity was that during the 30 minute delay on the event it did not appear that the zone was triggering every 10 minutes when there was a very busy 5 year old running around in circles.

This model has worked for a very long time but some couple of months ago started giving me this error. Sorry, I can not specifically remember what the inflection point was.

I have rewritten the event using a homeseer counter and am functioning completely now but wanted to close the thought and again thank you for your support and excellent PI.

Chris

Comment

Chris,
                      thanks for reporting back.

I think the plugin may be responding incorrectly to the "remove delayed device action"

the plugin may be reloading the zone collection which would cause the error we have seen.

not sure how to replicate the event to test this however
                      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Chris,
                        i think i found the original issue

would you mind loading .32 and retesting with your original event logic that contains the "delete delayed action"
                        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
                          Chris,
                          i think i found the original issue

would you mind loading .32 and retesting with your original event logic that contains the "delete delayed action"
                          Happy to do so, will be tomorrow evening as I am traveling today.

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by dcdelong View Post
                            Happy to do so, will be tomorrow evening as I am traveling today.

Chris
                            Perfect. thanks Chris
                            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Looks like you got it. Spent some time being sure that I could re-create the error. Clearly happened when deleting a delayed event.

Updated the PI and have been unable to witness or re-create the error.

Thank you again for your support and excellent PI

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by dcdelong View Post
                                Looks like you got it. Spent some time being sure that I could re-create the error. Clearly happened when deleting a delayed event.

Updated the PI and have been unable to witness or re-create the error.

Thank you again for your support and excellent PI

Chris
                                Chris,
                                thanks for testing and reporting back. we'll call it good unless you (or someone else) sees a similar error.
                                Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
                                X