Aeotec Doorbell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aeotec Doorbell

So, my doorbell transformer failed. I spent a few hours looking for it and decided I wasn’t going to look in the attic - I’m not good on ladders.

Previously I used a doorbell sensor to trigger events and while it was satisfactory, I felt the response could be faster.

After reading many reviews on the Aeotec doorbell I ordered it with certain mods in mind.

When I removed the old doorbell button, I was left with ugly stucco and a hole that was difficult to conceal.

I chose a switch electrical plate in bronze that matched our lock. After careful measurement I put it all together.

One of the major complaints with the Aeotec doorbell is that it requires a solid backing contact point, otherwise when the button is depressed it wouldn’t register with its mother unit. Now, when the doorbell button is depressed I get an immediate chime from the mother unit that is plugged into a wall socket and my announcement of a doorbell chime using PI Sonos-Controller is just a few seconds!

I am pleased to say it all works well and I think it looks good, too.
    Attached Files
    Michael

Comment

It runs on a battery. Do not connect it to the transformer wires.
      Michael

Comment

Originally posted by Rvtravlr View Post
        It runs on a battery. Do not connect it to the transformer wires.

Comment

Working...
        X