Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Krameduoh View Post
    Hi Dirk,

I have a rather unusual request which I'm not even sure is possible. I would like to have thumbs up / thumbs down buttons for when playing Pandora Radio. The Sonos app does support this for Pandora but we primarily use HS Touch with your Sonos plugin and would rather stay in the HST GUI if possible.

Mark

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD
    It is not so unusual, it has been asked before. Unfortunately, the interface that exists between the Sonos controllers and "external internet sources" is not available on their UPNP interface, the latter the interface used between controllers and players.

I have seen some extensions to the UPNP interface over the years but Sonos does not publish ANY documentation wrt to this interface, neither does it commit to keep it the same between SW releases. Hence the plugin stays as much as possible with the "standard" UPNP features, which are not likely to change.

Dirk

Comment

Re: SonosController Feature Requests

Thanks Dirk,

Its not a big deal anyway. More of a convenience if anything.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD

Comment

Could we get event actions (and script commands if they doesn't exist yet) to increase and decrease the volume x amount of steps? the amount of increase or decrease could be a drop down box in an event or a parameter via script. It would be much easier for remote linking, rather than needing to manually increment whatever the current volume is.

Comment

Originally posted by Automated View Post
          Could we get event actions (and script commands if they doesn't exist yet) to increase and decrease the volume x amount of steps? the amount of increase or decrease could be a drop down box in an event or a parameter via script. It would be much easier for remote linking, rather than needing to manually increment whatever the current volume is.
          Doesn't this exist already? If you look at the HS devices, the player device has a volume up/down button, which increases/decreases volume by a fixed step. The step value can be changed. This is all described in the help documentation and the HS buttons can be called from a script which is also described in the documentation. The event-action to set the volume has been there since day one.

Did I perhaps misunderstood your request?

Dirk

Comment

Originally posted by dcorsus View Post
            Doesn't this exist already? If you look at the HS devices, the player device has a volume up/down button, which increases/decreases volume by a fixed step. The step value can be changed. This is all described in the help documentation and the HS buttons can be called from a script which is also described in the documentation. The event-action to set the volume has been there since day one.

Did I perhaps misunderstood your request?

Dirk
            What's that they say about reading the manual?

OK, so I fixed my events now. I was just using the Sonoscontroller action, with all of its various settings (including volume). I didn't even think to see if there was a Sonos device action that could solve it. I blame a house with a new baby in it... Anyway, thanks for the tip. This is a great plugin.

Comment

Support for Playbar, Sub & Linked Play Units

Kirk,

Do you know when you will have an update ready that allows the grouping/ungrouping of zones that have a Playbar/Sub/Play setup?

At present we have had to stop using the Plug-in as it crashes our Sonos system every time we try to group/ungroup the zone with the Playbar in it, and this is the only thing we really use the Plug-in for!

The WAF has fallen though the floor since we added the sub/play 1s and found that the system crashes required a whole network reboot to sort things out, so any idea of when this issue will be resolved would be very helpful.

Comment

Originally posted by Toby Lankester View Post
                Kirk,

Do you know when you will have an update ready that allows the grouping/ungrouping of zones that have a Playbar/Sub/Play setup?

At present we have had to stop using the Plug-in as it crashes our Sonos system every time we try to group/ungroup the zone with the Playbar in it, and this is the only thing we really use the Plug-in for!

The WAF has fallen though the floor since we added the sub/play 1s and found that the system crashes required a whole network reboot to sort things out, so any idea of when this issue will be resolved would be very helpful.
                Toby, there are no plans to support a playbar. They are very expensive and I have no use for them. Perhaps I can add some simple code to protect things from going haywire if you are willing to email me some log files. What would be helpful is to turn the Sonos PI debug flag on, restart HS while the playbar is paired with some players. I would need your .ini file as well and you would have to tell me how (and which) the players are paired. You would need to turn debugging to disk on (HS2 setup) and email me the log, no cut and paste from the lob web page (it suppresses XML tags).

In the last 2 years, Sonos has added multiple new devices and more and more complicated ways of doing things (stereo pairs, sub pairing, playbar surround sound). They released new SW releases more frequently and broken things on occasion. Between the HS2 and HS3 versions of the PI, it has now become nearly a full time occupation for me to keep up with a whole coorporation of developers at Sonos.

So any help you can provide will be great but all should realize that going forward, the existing functions in the PI are pretty much it, I won't nor plan on supporting each and every new thing that Sonos throws into the mix, I simple don't have the time.

Thanks for understanding

Dirk

Comment

Volume feature (max volume)

I have one Sonos zone for each of my kids and I'd like to be able to enforce a max volume limit for specific rooms. For instance by making an event that triggers if they turn up the volume. If the volume is at 50 (for instance) and they press volume up I'd like to be able to keep the volume at 50 (in other words be able to limit the max volume). Or simply a "max volume" configuration per room...

Wish Sonos had implemented this feature in their configuration rather than having to do it through Homeseer, but the user community has requested it for a long time without anything happening....

Comment

Originally posted by nkonto View Post
                    I have one Sonos zone for each of my kids and I'd like to be able to enforce a max volume limit for specific rooms. For instance by making an event that triggers if they turn up the volume. If the volume is at 50 (for instance) and they press volume up I'd like to be able to keep the volume at 50 (in other words be able to limit the max volume). Or simply a "max volume" configuration per room...

Wish Sonos had implemented this feature in their configuration rather than having to do it through Homeseer, but the user community has requested it for a long time without anything happening....
                    You can create an event that triggers when the volume changes, then run a script that checks for the volume to be >50 and if so, set it to 50. In HS2 you would need a script, in HS3 you can just check device values and set device values, no need for scripting.

Dirk

Comment

@nkonto & @dcorsus: holy crap, I never thought to use HS to set virtual boundaries to SONOS's variables like that

Please let us know how it works and especially what the kids' reactions to this!

Idea: How about playing a text-to-speech voice of a nanny of sort (think Mrs. Doubtfire) when the kids try to raise the volume repeatedly against the limit You can even set time-to-volume relation, make the volume lower as it gets later and later in the night...
                      HW: HS3 w/ Win8.1 on ASRock C2550d4i. Digi AnywhereUSB, Hubport, Edgeport, UZB, Z-trollers, PLCBUS, SONOS, GC-100, iTach IP2SL, WF2IR, IP2IR, RFXtrx433, Harmony Hubs, Hue, Ademco Vista 128BP, NetAtmo, NetAtmo Welcome

Google Search for HomeSeer Forum

Comment

Feature request: Due to the many device types presented by the SONOS plugin, can we get them all named as Sonos XXXX? (Sonos Mute, Sonos Loudness, Sonos repeat, etc).

I'm drowning in Device Types here...
                        HW: HS3 w/ Win8.1 on ASRock C2550d4i. Digi AnywhereUSB, Hubport, Edgeport, UZB, Z-trollers, PLCBUS, SONOS, GC-100, iTach IP2SL, WF2IR, IP2IR, RFXtrx433, Harmony Hubs, Hue, Ademco Vista 128BP, NetAtmo, NetAtmo Welcome

Comment

Is it possible to dynamically change Linkgroup configuration table?
                          It would be great to be able to change the linkgroup members from an event.

Usecase:

I have many events that triggers whole-house announcement through SONOS linkgroup 'ALL'. There are 'important' and 'normal' announcements. Important ones are about security breach and fire/environment hazard. Normal ones are just notice of doors opening, hourly chimes, etc.

For the master bedroom, I have 2 'scenes' (implemented with virtual device ON/OFF) which I'd like the 'normal' announcement to be silenced. In the past, I just set the volume level of my Master Bedroom Sonos very very low; but lately we use ambiance sound (white noise, rain noise, etc) for sleeping (which work very well btw), so we need the bedroom Sonos to operate at a higher volume level.

Setting up separate announcement events to call different linkgroup depending on scene flags is possible, but really not preferable (more than 2 dozens events); and who knows if there are other new 'scenes' to be added in the future.

This would also simplify announcement events that 'follows' the user if you setup occupancy detection in HS3; you can make a generic linkgroup 'UserX' and script its content depending on occupancy flags, so the announcement will be routed to the correct sonos.

Comment

Originally posted by LeoS View Post
                            Is it possible to dynamically change Linkgroup configuration table?
                            It would be great to be able to change the linkgroup members from an event.

Usecase:

I have many events that triggers whole-house announcement through SONOS linkgroup 'ALL'. There are 'important' and 'normal' announcements. Important ones are about security breach and fire/environment hazard. Normal ones are just notice of doors opening, hourly chimes, etc.

For the master bedroom, I have 2 'scenes' (implemented with virtual device ON/OFF) which I'd like the 'normal' announcement to be silenced. In the past, I just set the volume level of my Master Bedroom Sonos very very low; but lately we use ambiance sound (white noise, rain noise, etc) for sleeping (which work very well btw), so we need the bedroom Sonos to operate at a higher volume level.

Setting up separate announcement events to call different linkgroup depending on scene flags is possible, but really not preferable (more than 2 dozens events); and who knows if there are other new 'scenes' to be added in the future.

This would also simplify announcement events that 'follows' the user if you setup occupancy detection in HS3; you can make a generic linkgroup 'UserX' and script its content depending on occupancy flags, so the announcement will be routed to the correct sonos.
                            I asked about this feature here http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=174942

If you're comfortable scripting then you can do this by editing the [linkgroupzonedestination] section in Sonos.ini using hs.GetINISetting and hs.SaveINISetting.

A linkgroup config might look like this in the ini file.

Code:
                            TTS1=RINCON_XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX;50;0;1|RINCON_XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX;50;0;1|RINCON_XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX;50;0;1
                            The format is: [PlayerID];[Volume];[MuteOverride];[PlayerIncluded]

In the end I went with muting zones as required but in that other thread Dirk said that that ini entry is read from file each time it's needed as opposed to being stored in a variable within the plug-in so it should work.

Paul..

Comment

Originally posted by sooty View Post
                              I asked about this feature here http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=174942

If you're comfortable scripting then you can do this by editing the [linkgroupzonedestination] section in Sonos.ini using hs.GetINISetting and hs.SaveINISetting.

A linkgroup config might look like this in the ini file.

Code:
                              TTS1=RINCON_XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX;50;0;1|RINCON_XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX;50;0;1|RINCON_XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX;50;0;1
                              The format is: [PlayerID];[Volume];[MuteOverride];[PlayerIncluded]

In the end I went with muting zones as required but in that other thread Dirk said that that ini entry is read from file each time it's needed as opposed to being stored in a variable within the plug-in so it should work.

Paul..
                              Thanks a lot, Paul. I guess my usecase is similar to the 'baby's room' case that was mentioned in that thread (except that we're the babies and i can't solve it by muting the zone because we're using the SONOS to play music too at that time.

I wonder if i can just create a bunch of linkzone definitions and renames them according to the required definition, rather than full edit the content of the linkzone files.

Comment

Originally posted by LeoS View Post
                                Thanks a lot, Paul. I guess my usecase is similar to the 'baby's room' case that was mentioned in that thread (except that we're the babies and i can't solve it by muting the zone because we're using the SONOS to play music too at that time.

I wonder if i can just create a bunch of linkzone definitions and renames them according to the required definition, rather than full edit the content of the linkzone files.
                                I suppose the complexity depends on how many players you are dealing with, how many "scenes" you may need and/or if you want to have unoccupied zones removed from the link group.

It would be pretty easy to do with a script.

Paul..

Comment

Working...
                                X