Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Z-Wave Power Strip DSC11-ZWUS - Working!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Z-Wave Power Strip DSC11-ZWUS - Working!

I see this new power strip on sale right now as HS Store but it says at the bottom of the page "The energy reporting does not properly work with HS3."

Is this support planned? A 4-module unit that reports power would be awesome.

Wanted to bump this thread as these devices are on sale again on the HS site. Does anyone know if the energy monitoring will work in HS3 and the store page needs to be updated or is it some sort of hardware/software compatibility issue that can not be remedied?

Jeff

Comment

Let me ask Mark about this.
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by madmax View Post
        Is this support planned?.
        Yes, we planned to support it as soon as we got our first batch of units in. Unfortunately, the energy reporting firmware in the power strip is simply "broken". We are waiting for the Aeon engineers to fix this. However, firmware is not field upgradable in these.

Comment

So what about the unit I bought from HS? Will I be able to exchange it when it is working? I can only get 2 of the 4 ports to report energy usage.

It's a rather expensive power strip to not have this fixed.
          Mike

Comment

Looks like it's a good idea to stay away from these until the new version is released. Bummer. I'd be in the market for several but I'm not buying something broken.

Comment

Someone on an amazon review stated:

"The geniuses at Aeon assigned different numbers for the power consumption sensors and the switches.
              Switches 1-4 correspond to sensors 2-6. Yes, really.
              1 shows power consumption for the whole strip, switch 3 shows consumption for switch 1, and so on."

Can someone at HST Verify this is true? If so, can't the wave plugin be coded to work around this?

Comment

So does the function of 4 separate z-wave devices work on the strip?

Comment

I would like to know the answer to this as well. Personally I do not care about energy monitoring, I have put in low power bulbs and such like that to reduce my power usage, so monitoring how much power the lamps and such that are connected to it are using means very little to me. On the other hand, being able to hook several lamps up to this strip instead of using modules would be very handy!

Comment

I have the Aeon Z-wave power strip and can confirm that the 4 Z-wave outlets work independently. The energy monitoring capability would be nice to have, but I was mainly looking for the outlet control when I bought this.

-Chris

Comment

Awesome, thanks Chris!

Comment

Energy monitoring broken

Originally posted by cjohlandt View Post
                        I have the Aeon Z-wave power strip and can confirm that the 4 Z-wave outlets work independently. The energy monitoring capability would be nice to have, but I was mainly looking for the outlet control when I bought this.

-Chris
                        I also purchased one of these strips while on sale at HS, not noting the "broken" energy monitoring with HS3. I also wanted outlet control, but I also very much wanted to know energy usage.

I saw the Amazon review, but did not have the issue where outlet numbering was off. However, also unlike several reviews, I don't see an option to turn "all on"/"all off" on this unit. Also, the Z-Wave device settings allow one to specify the reporting timings for 3 groups, but there are no settings to assign any items to these groups.

Kind of frustrated that I may have a broken strip, and that HS had them on sale when it was known that they did not work properly.

I would like to return this strip either now for a refund, or later when "unbroken" ones come out.

It wouldn't be so big of a deal, but I also purchased HSM200 with broken firmware where the light is concerned, and have an Aeon Tech HEM which has/does work 100% with HS2, but is completely broken with HS3.

So, that's 4 fairly expensive devices by my count which do not work properly.

hjk
                        ---

Comment

I'll wait for an unbroken strip. I'd be in the market for 3+ of them at least. The power monitoring is great to determine status. Like, notify me if power is < xxWatts saying that the bulb has blown, etc. Washer/gas Dryer Status, etc

Comment

Originally posted by hjk View Post
                            Kind of frustrated that I may have a broken strip, and that HS had them on sale when it was known that they did not work properly.
                            What exactly is broken with the strip?

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
                              What exactly is broken with the strip?

I think it was Rich or Mark that can posted they were broken after contacting the mfg.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X