Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Seems Like Ridiculously Stupid Qt... How to Turn Lights Off?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seems Like Ridiculously Stupid Qt... How to Turn Lights Off?

OK so...

I have a few event triggers where I need to turn off a specific Hue light using a very short transition time (all other transition times should remain where they are).

When I use the JowiHue actions to control the light, I'm limited to entering a brightness value from 1 to 254 with a transition time. How can I turn the lights off with a specific transition time?

Thanks!

- Brian

Brian,

Up till now you can do this by setting the device to off? It will then go off with the transition setting that you can set on the configuration page.

But if you want to differ the transition time with each off, then this is not possible. If needed I could allow the bright 0 command, so you can change the transition time per event. But so far this is a new request.

Let me know if this is what you want and I can see if I can do it in the beta.

Wim
    -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Brian,

I have checked and it should not be too difficult to do in the beta. It will be in the next release candidate which should be published next week.

Thanks,

Wim
      -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

Comment

Wow - that was fast. Thank you!

In this case, I do need to leave the default transition time where it's at for other lights in the house.

In this case, I'm trying to match the fade-to-off time between 1 Hue bulb (in the kitchen) and 6 other various lighting loads.

Will the brightness = 0 result in a true "Off" as far as the bridge is concerned?

Thanks again.

- Brian

Comment

Brightness 0 should set the true off. Need to test this here still, but it should work now. Once tested I will submit the new RC to HST

Thanks,

Wim
          -- Wim

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

Working...
            X