Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Thermostat

So i'm new to the nest plugin.
    I have a few nest protects, and just added a nest thermostat.
    couple questions..
    I added it, and named it Game room.. It only came up in HomeSeer as Thermostat..
    the Protect Devices actually say Store Room Nest Protect.. Will that change?
    Also, Bigger question.... Can I create events to act on temperatures in the room, and or turn on the heat..
    for example, If its 30 outside, I have my thermostat turn on in the morning at 5am so its warm when I wake up...
    Its a homeseer event...
    can I still do that?

Anyone on This?
    I'm trying to also figure out, if I can use the nest devices status in my HStouch screens, to display current temperature..
    i.e I have a page that displays my living room Temperature, and what the heat is set to, and I can adjust the heat from hstouch as well.
    am I able to do the same with the NEST plug in?!

Comment

I added it, and named it Game room.. It only came up in HomeSeer as Thermostat..
      Delete the devices that the plugin created for this thermostat, and restart the plugin. If it doesn't work please set the log level to Debug, and post what you get at startup as well as some screenshot of your devices.

Also, Bigger question.... Can I create events to act on temperatures in the room, and or turn on the heat..
      for example, If its 30 outside, I have my thermostat turn on in the morning at 5am so its warm when I wake up...
      Its a homeseer event...
      can I still do that?
      yes, use the native event action "control a device" to change target temperature or HVAC mode.

Originally posted by thetaz01 View Post
      I'm trying to also figure out, if I can use the nest devices status in my HStouch screens, to display current temperature..
      i.e I have a page that displays my living room Temperature, and what the heat is set to, and I can adjust the heat from hstouch as well.
      am I able to do the same with the NEST plug in?!
      yes sure, you can display any device status in HSTouch,

Comment

Perfect, Perfect, Perfect!
        THanks so much, they were getting lost in my other devices!

Works awesome!
        looks like I'll be replacing all of my insteon thermostats,,. with nest!!

Fred

Comment

Working...
        X