Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Homeseer Plugin and Alarm Co Monitoring via Envisalink for DSC alarm

Hi

Does anyone have Spud's plugin and alarm co monitoring via an EVL4? I talked to Alarm Relay and they said they use an EVL4, but I seem to recall reading somewhere that it's only possible to have one connection accessing your panel via an EVL4, thus precluding sharing an EVL4 with the plugin.

On the flip side, I am imagining that there must be many people with this config, though perhaps most monitoring isn't via an EVL4

Cheers
    cheeryfool

I looked into it and decided to go with cell monitoring on my DSC panel. I want to use my EVl4 as a secondary backup connection in case cell disconnects, but they said I needed two separate accounts to do that. I don't trust my internet connection (Comcast) enough to allow al my monitoring thru it.

I thought the limitation was on the EVL3, but it's on the 4 as well?

Comment

Originally posted by waynehead99 View Post
      I looked into it and decided to go with cell monitoring on my DSC panel. I want to use my EVl4 as a secondary backup connection in case cell disconnects, but they said I needed two separate accounts to do that. I don't trust my internet connection (Comcast) enough to allow al my monitoring thru it.

I thought the limitation was on the EVL3, but it's on the 4 as well?

To be honest, I don't think they specified which version, but I was assuming EVL4 at this point. I'll recheck with them.

Our internet connection (FiOS) is way better than our cell reception!
      cheeryfool

Comment

They may not be using the same EVL4 as you. There are two different models, one for DIY and one for professional that use the Connect2Go service. See

http://forum.eyez-on.com/FORUM/viewt...5a12b971b83226

I do not use any monitoring services; however, all report the the eyez-on services are fine.

Comment

Originally posted by brientim View Post
          They may not be using the same EVL4 as you. There are two different models, one for DIY and one for professional that use the Connect2Go service. See

http://forum.eyez-on.com/FORUM/viewt...5a12b971b83226

I do not use any monitoring services; however, all report the the eyez-on services are fine.

Interesting. Thanks for that.
          cheeryfool

Comment

Working...
          X