Updater issues / dislikes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Updater issues / dislikes

Ever since the HS3 updater was changed, to make it more secure; I can't stand how it operates.

So when you first go to manage plugins, it loads the 'file' from the server with the latest versions of plugins, when I enable or disable a plugin it loads the latest versions of plugins, when I update a plugin it loads the latest versions of plugins!

It has gone backwards in usability and efficiency. PLEASE, do not have it automatically do this for every single action I take in the plugin manager!
    I have over 40 plugins and there are multiple updates daily; what was once a 30 second process, now takes me 5 or 10 minutes.

It also has an issue where it is not showing a plugin is updated (it still shows there is an update), even though the plugin manager states 'xxxxx plugin updated successfully'.
    Refreshing the screen does not work to fix this issue, restarting HS3 does; but I don't want to restart everyday, after I update plugins.

Let me click the button once at the start, and once at the end, and if you want it to run automatically in the background once a day would be great as well.

Here is the link to the previous thread, it has a few tidbits in it.

Thank you.l

Thanks, I assumed it was my network that was a problem

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

I didnt think it was possible it would devolve from its current 1990 DOS functionality ;-)

Does it still require an override file to load a plugin not in the updater?

Comment

It's working better now that I have updated to .356

Comment

Working...
        X