X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

X10 documentation??

Hi,

I bought the Sandler plug-in because it had X10 support after I originally had been using the Homeseer3 plug-in for Insteon.

After I installed the plug-in, I checked the "Enable X10" box, restarted Homeseer and restarted the plug-in for good measure. I'm not seeing any X10 traffic in the log. Further, when I click the "Update X10 Devices" button, nothing happens except a page refresh. I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do to get X10 to work. I want to log and trigger events based on X10.

Also, my Insteon devices are not showing up in the Device Management. I still have Insteon devices in there from the HS plug-in. Do I have to remove those?

I did re-add all the Insteon devices into the Sandler plug-in and I can see a link table if I request it. So something worked.

For whatever it's worth, all this worked great in HS2. I just can't get it to work with the Homeseer3 plug-in.

I have a 2413U controller running latest HS3 Pro.

Thanks,
    Tahl

you must create the x10 devices on the dev mgmt. page and assign them an x10 address. then use the Save as Insteon X10 button on the Insteon tab.

the Interface option on the Advanced tab should say Insteon

the old insteon device from the other plugins shouldn't bother anything but I would delete them to keep your hs database clean

make sure the insteon device types are check on the Device Type drop down on the dev mgmt. page
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Well, did I miss some documentation? I looked at the Sticky posts and nothing there....

In any case, sounds like each X10 address has to be registered before the Plug-in will acknowledge it. Is that correct?

Looks like the Update X10 button might work. I'd recommend providing user feedback saying something happened.

With all that said, I did register an X10 device per your instructions but when I turn it on, it's not showing up in the log. I need an X10 to trigger an event and show up in the log for debugging.

What's next?

Thanks,
      Tahl

Comment

I guess I need to add some x10 documentation...generally it works the way it did in hs2.

yes, you must register the x10 device before the plugin can control the device.

increase the logging level to detailed to see if you get x10 messages.

what version are you running?
        Last edited by mnsandler; August 17, 2017, 08:44 PM. Reason: what version are you running
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
          I guess I need to add some x10 documentation...generally it works the way it did in hs2.

yes, you must register the x10 device before the plugin can control the device.

increase the logging level to detailed to see if you get x10 messages.

what version are you running?
          Yes some documentation would be good!

Yes, by increasing to Detailed it shows up but it's like huge amount of detail otherwise. Oh, well....

Not sure the version. I'll have to look later. I downloaded it less than a day ago so I would assume that there is only one current version.

One thing that would be nice that it doesn't appear to do. Be able to set a device to "idle"; i.e., it doesn't actually send something to the module but marks it in a third state so that it can be retriggered. Just for the list.

Thanks,
          Tahl

Comment

I post beta versions in the Beta section of the updater. you can check the beta thread for update notes.

unknown is a possible state for insteon, but not for x10.
            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
            X