Trying to get lrpspeak going

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It should report version .8

See --- HS/Setup/Interfaces/ Web page, in the 7th column from the left you will see a column header labeled version, scroll down to see lrpSpeak.dll and it's version.

It does not appear that you successfully unzipped and copied the new file into the HS directory.

Remember since you are replacing an existing dll, you will need to exit HS first, and answer yes to over-write the older dll file.
    -Larry

A member of "The HA Pioneer Group", MyWebSite

Plugins:
    VWS, AB8SS, lrpSpeak, Calendar, Arduino, Harmony, BlueIris, Sprinklers, ZipBackup...

Hardware:
    Intel NUC8i7BEH1 running Windows 10 Pro headless, HS3 Pro, Plex running on Synology dual High Availability DS-1815+ NAS (24Tb each), Synology Surveillance Station running on DS-416 Slim (8Tb), Samsung SmartThings, Google Home, Alexa, Hubitat Elevation, ZNET, Ubiquiti UniFi Network, Davis Vantage Pro II Weather Station. Whole house speaker system using a couple of AB8SS switches. Vantage Pro II Weather Station, Rain8Net Sprinklers, Hubitat Elevation, Google Home, Alexa, DSC Security System, Ubiquiti UniFi Network.

Comment

Well I don't know what I could be doing wrong but it still shows as .7 not .8. I even saved the file to another computer. When I put my mouse on the dll file it shows.7. Can you double check the posted zip and see what it shows you.

thank
      Lance

Comment

Originally posted by 68sting View Post
        Well I don't know what I could be doing wrong but it still shows as .7 not .8. I even saved the file to another computer. When I put my mouse on the dll file it shows.7. Can you double check the posted zip and see what it shows you.

thank
        Lance
        I will verify when I get home this evening.
        -Larry

Plugins:
        VWS, AB8SS, lrpSpeak, Calendar, Arduino, Harmony, BlueIris, Sprinklers, ZipBackup...

Hardware:
        Intel NUC8i7BEH1 running Windows 10 Pro headless, HS3 Pro, Plex running on Synology dual High Availability DS-1815+ NAS (24Tb each), Synology Surveillance Station running on DS-416 Slim (8Tb), Samsung SmartThings, Google Home, Alexa, Hubitat Elevation, ZNET, Ubiquiti UniFi Network, Davis Vantage Pro II Weather Station. Whole house speaker system using a couple of AB8SS switches. Vantage Pro II Weather Station, Rain8Net Sprinklers, Hubitat Elevation, Google Home, Alexa, DSC Security System, Ubiquiti UniFi Network.

Comment

OK,

Try this one...
          Last edited by lpitman; November 1, 2007, 07:29 AM.
          -Larry

Plugins:

Hardware:

Comment

Hello Larry

That did it. I'm still geting some errors in the log but most of the time things are working as they should. Here's another zipped up log to look at.
            Attached Files

Comment

Any ideas on why I'm getting so much red ink in the log?

Thanks
              Lance

Comment

Any ideas on why I'm getting so much red ink in the log?

Thanks
                Lance
                According to the log you sent me, the only red you are seeing is when you shutdown.

10/4/2007 5:38:45 PM~ShutdownIO()->Exception error: Public member 'UnRegisterEventCB' on type 'hsapplication' not found.
                This is harmless, and I already removed it from the plugin that I am ready to send to the updater.

The reason for this message is that I mistakenly tried to trap an exception during the shutdown process when things are getting torn down anyway, and the trap is going to fail, because the connection to HS is already removed, my BAD that I left some debug stuff in there. Not to worry though, this will not affect the operation of the plugin.
                -Larry

Plugins:

Hardware:

Comment

I do get stuff like this every once in a while.

10/28/2007 7:04:00 PM - Info - Event Trigger "Garbage Reminder"
                  10/28/2007 7:04:00 PM - Info - Running script in background: Allinsidespeakerson1.vb
                  10/28/2007 7:04:00 PM - Error - In SpeakDev SpeakProxy: The I/O operation has been aborted because of either a thread exit or an application request.

What do you think this is?

Comment

I do get stuff like this every once in a while.

10/28/2007 7:04:00 PM - Info - Event Trigger "Garbage Reminder"
                    10/28/2007 7:04:00 PM - Info - Running script in background: Allinsidespeakerson1.vb
                    10/28/2007 7:04:00 PM - Error - In SpeakDev SpeakProxy: The I/O operation has been aborted because of either a thread exit or an application request.

What do you think this is?
                    That error is not from the plugin! SpeakDev and SpeakProxy are HS trapped errors, and errors trapped in my plugin identify themselves as lrpSpeak...
                    -Larry

Plugins:

Hardware:

Comment

How about this one. I'll send in a ticket on the other one.

thanks
                      Lance

10/29/2007 9:09:36 AM - lrpSpeak Error - -----SpeakIn( [Bad Parameter] )...
                      10/29/2007 9:09:36 AM - Info - Speak: ():you have a call from
                      10/29/2007 9:09:39 AM - lrpSpeak Error - -----Exception error in RestoreAB8SS_State()-->SendCmdString(): The I/O operation has been aborted because of either a thread exit or an application request.
                      10/29/2007 9:09:40 AM - HSPhone - Ring
                      10/29/2007 9:09:40 AM - HSPhone - gRingStopTime = 8000
                      10/29/2007 9:09:40 AM - HSPhone - Line ringing (line Default Line), count: 2 ForceAnswer: 0 Normrings: 4
                      10/29/2007 9:09:41 AM - lrpSpeak Error - -----cmdSpeakerON()...Error sending ON command!
                      10/29/2007 9:09:41 AM - lrpSpeak Error - -----cmdInputAB()...Error sending A/B command!
                      10/29/2007 9:09:41 AM - lrpSpeak Error - -----Exception error in RestoreAB8SS_State(): The I/O operation has been aborted because of either a thread exit or an application request.
                      10/29/2007 9:09:41 AM - lrpSpeak Error - -----cmdSpeakerON()...Error sending ON command!
                      10/29/2007 9:09:41 AM - lrpSpeak Error - -----Exception error in RestoreAB8SS_State(): The I/O operation has been aborted because of either a thread exit or an application request.
                      10/29/2007 9:09:42 AM - lrpSpeak Error - -----cmdSpeakerON()...Error sending ON command!
                      10/29/2007 9:09:42 AM - lrpSpeak Error - -----Exception error in RestoreAB8SS_State(): The I/O operation has been aborted because of either a thread exit or an application request.

Comment

This means you are sending something to the plugin that is invalid.. a bad parameter (something between the [ ] brackets).
                        -Larry

Plugins:

Hardware:

Comment

I can't find a problem with what's in the brackets. Can you see something invalid? I cut and pasted this from the "Preceed caller-id with:" box.

[Loc Kitchen,Basement,BathRoom,Garage,LivingRoom,Master Bedroom] you have a call from

I cut and pasted this from the config file.

Relay1=LivingRoom
                          Relay2=BathRoom
                          Relay3=Kitchen
                          Relay4=Master Bedroom
                          Relay5=Hot Tub
                          Relay6=Deck
                          Relay7=Garage
                          Relay8=Basement

thanks

Below is another error I get. More info on this would be great also.

10/30/2007 8:00:01 PM - Info - Event Trigger "Dairy Notice 2 (delayed event)"
                          10/30/2007 8:00:01 PM - Info - Event Trigger "Dairy Notice 2"
                          10/30/2007 8:00:01 PM - Info - Running script in background: Allinsidespeakerson1.vb
                          10/30/2007 8:00:01 PM - lrpSpeak Error - -----cmdInputAB()...Error sending A/B command!
                          10/30/2007 8:00:01 PM - Info - Speak: ():Put the Dairy out Please.
                          10/30/2007 8:00:04 PM - lrpSpeak Error - -----Exception error in RestoreAB8SS_State()-->SendCmdString(): The I/O operation has been aborted because of either a thread exit or an application request.
                          10/30/2007 8:00:04 PM - lrpSpeak Error - -----Exception error in RestoreAB8SS_State()-->SendCmdString(): The I/O operation has been aborted because of either a thread exit or an application request.
                          10/30/2007 8:00:04 PM - lrpSpeak Error - -----Exception error in RestoreAB8SS_State(): The I/O operation has been aborted because of either a thread exit or an application request.
                          10/30/2007 8:00:10 PM - Info - Deleting event after run: "Delayed Actions Dairy Notice 2 (delayed event)"
                          10/30/2007 8:00:12 PM - lrpSpeak Error - -----Exception error in RestoreAB8SS_State(): The I/O operation has been aborted because of either a thread exit or an application request.

Comment

I can't find a problem with what's in the brackets. Can you see something invalid? I cut and pasted this from the "Preceed caller-id with:" box.

[Loc Kitchen,Basement,BathRoom,Garage,LivingRoom,Master Bedroom] you have a call from

I cut and pasted this from the config file.

Relay1=LivingRoom
                            Relay2=BathRoom
                            Relay3=Kitchen
                            Relay4=Master Bedroom
                            Relay5=Hot Tub
                            Relay6=Deck
                            Relay7=Garage
                            Relay8=Basement

thanks

Below is another error I get. More info on this would be great also.

10/30/2007 8:00:01 PM - Info - Event Trigger "Dairy Notice 2 (delayed event)"
                            10/30/2007 8:00:01 PM - Info - Event Trigger "Dairy Notice 2"
                            10/30/2007 8:00:01 PM - Info - Running script in background: Allinsidespeakerson1.vb
                            10/30/2007 8:00:01 PM - lrpSpeak Error - -----cmdInputAB()...Error sending A/B command!
                            10/30/2007 8:00:01 PM - Info - Speak: ():Put the Dairy out Please.
                            10/30/2007 8:00:04 PM - lrpSpeak Error - -----Exception error in RestoreAB8SS_State(): The I/O operation has been aborted because of either a thread exit or an application request.
                            10/30/2007 8:00:10 PM - Info - Deleting event after run: "Delayed Actions Dairy Notice 2 (delayed event)"
                            10/30/2007 8:00:12 PM - lrpSpeak Error - -----Exception error in RestoreAB8SS_State(): The I/O operation has been aborted because of either a thread exit or an application request.

Make sure this is the version you are using. Unzip and copy the DLL to your HS directory ---even if you think that you already have ver 2.2.0.8---
                            Last edited by lpitman; November 12, 2007, 07:32 PM.
                            -Larry

Plugins:

Hardware:

Comment

Ok I replace the file. Still getting errors on my announcements. I use the same script in another event that plays a wave file instead of speaking with no problems. It seems to have this issue with speaking events.

11/1/2007 10:41:35 AM - Info - Event Trigger "Dairy Notice"
                              11/1/2007 10:41:35 AM - Info - Running script in background: Allinsidespeakerson1.vb
                              11/1/2007 10:41:35 AM - lrpSpeak Error - -----AB8SSGetStatus()...sent 8 but received T'
                              11/1/2007 10:41:35 AM - Error - Scripting runtime error: System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.IO.IOException: The I/O operation has been aborted because of either a thread exit or an application request. at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Symbols.Container.Inv okeMethod(Method TargetProcedure, Object[] Arguments, Boolean[] CopyBack, BindingFlags Flags) at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.NewLateBinding.CallMe thod(Container BaseReference, String MethodName, Object[] Arguments, String[] ArgumentNames, Type[] TypeArguments, Boolean[] CopyBack, BindingFlags InvocationFlags, Boolean ReportErrors, ResolutionFailure& Failure) at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.NewLateBinding.LateCa ll(Object Instance, Type Type, String MemberName, Object[] Arguments, String[] ArgumentNames, Type[] TypeArguments, Boolean[] CopyBack, Boolean IgnoreReturn) at scriptcode1.scriptcode1.Main(Object strDeviceRef) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at System.RuntimeMethodHandle._InvokeMethodFast(Object target, Object[] arguments, SignatureStruct& sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeTypeHandle typeOwner) at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethodFast(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeTypeHandle typeOwner) at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks) at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture) at System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke(Object obj, Object[] parameters) at Scheduler.VsaScriptHost.Invoke(String ModuleName, String MethodName, Object[] Arguments)
                              11/1/2007 10:41:35 AM - Info - Speak: ():Put the Dairy out Please
                              11/1/2007 10:41:35 AM - Info - Device: Dairy Anoucement (B3) ON
                              11/1/2007 10:41:35 AM - Info - Event Trigger "Dairy Notice"
                              11/1/2007 10:41:35 AM - Info - Running script in background: Allinsidespeakerson1.vb
                              11/1/2007 10:41:36 AM - Error - Scripting runtime error: System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.IO.IOException: The I/O operation has been aborted because of either a thread exit or an application request. at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Symbols.Container.Inv okeMethod(Method TargetProcedure, Object[] Arguments, Boolean[] CopyBack, BindingFlags Flags) at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.NewLateBinding.CallMe thod(Container BaseReference, String MethodName, Object[] Arguments, String[] ArgumentNames, Type[] TypeArguments, Boolean[] CopyBack, BindingFlags InvocationFlags, Boolean ReportErrors, ResolutionFailure& Failure) at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.NewLateBinding.LateCa ll(Object Instance, Type Type, String MemberName, Object[] Arguments, String[] ArgumentNames, Type[] TypeArguments, Boolean[] CopyBack, Boolean IgnoreReturn) at scriptcode1.scriptcode1.Main(Object strDeviceRef) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at System.RuntimeMethodHandle._InvokeMethodFast(Object target, Object[] arguments, SignatureStruct& sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeTypeHandle typeOwner) at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethodFast(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeTypeHandle typeOwner) at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks) at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture) at System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke(Object obj, Object[] parameters) at Scheduler.VsaScriptHost.Invoke(String ModuleName, String MethodName, Object[] Arguments)
                              11/1/2007 10:41:36 AM - Info - Speak: ():Put the Dairy out Please
                              11/1/2007 10:41:37 AM - Info - Device: Dairy Anoucement (B3) ON
                              11/1/2007 10:41:41 AM - lrpSpeak Error - -----Exception error in RestoreAB8SS_State(): The I/O operation has been aborted because of either a thread exit or an application request.
                              11/1/2007 10:41:41 AM - lrpSpeak Error - -----cmdInputAB()...Error sending A/B command!
                              11/1/2007 10:41:42 AM - lrpSpeak Error - -----Exception error in RestoreAB8SS_State(): The I/O operation has been aborted because of either a thread exit or an application request.
                              11/1/2007 10:41:42 AM - lrpSpeak Error - -----Exception error in RestoreAB8SS_State()-->SendCmdString(): The I/O operation has been aborted because of either a thread exit or an application request.
                              11/1/2007 10:41:42 AM - lrpSpeak Error - -----cmdInputAB()...Error sending A/B command!
                              11/1/2007 10:41:42 AM - lrpSpeak Error - -----cmdInputAB()...Error sending A/B command!
                              11/1/2007 10:41:42 AM - lrpSpeak Error - -----Exception error in RestoreAB8SS_State()-->SendCmdString(): The I/O operation has been aborted because of either a thread exit or an application request.
                              11/1/2007 10:41:43 AM - lrpSpeak Error - -----cmdInputAB()...Error sending A/B command!
                              11/1/2007 10:42:21 AM - Info - Event Trigger "Garbage Reminder"
                              11/1/2007 10:42:21 AM - Info - Running script in background: Allinsidespeakerson1.vb
                              11/1/2007 10:42:21 AM - lrpSpeak Error - -----AB8SSGetStatus()...sent 8 but received 80'
                              11/1/2007 10:42:22 AM - Info - Speak: ():Take Garbage Out
                              11/1/2007 10:42:23 AM - Info - Device: Garbage Announcement (B4) ON
                              11/1/2007 10:42:25 AM - lrpSpeak Error - -----Exception error in RestoreAB8SS_State()-->SendCmdString(): The I/O operation has been aborted because of either a thread exit or an application request.
                              11/1/2007 10:42:25 AM - lrpSpeak Error - -----cmdInputAB()...Error sending A/B command!
                              11/1/2007 10:42:26 AM - lrpSpeak Error - -----Exception error in RestoreAB8SS_State(): The I/O operation has been aborted because of either a thread exit or an application request.
                              11/1/2007 10:42:26 AM - lrpSpeak Error - -----Exception error in RestoreAB8SS_State()-->SendCmdString(): The I/O operation has been aborted because of either a thread exit or an application request.
                              11/1/2007 10:42:26 AM - lrpSpeak Error - -----Exception error in RestoreAB8SS_State(): The I/O operation has been aborted because of either a thread exit or an application request.
                              11/1/2007 10:42:35 AM - Info - Event Trigger "Schwans Reminder"
                              11/1/2007 10:42:35 AM - Info - Running script in background: Allinsidespeakerson1.vb
                              11/1/2007 10:42:36 AM - Error - In SpeakDev SpeakProxy: The I/O operation has been aborted because of either a thread exit or an application request.
                              11/1/2007 10:42:36 AM - Info - Device: Schwans Reminder (B5) ON
                              11/1/2007 10:42:36 AM - Info - Running script in background:
                              11/1/2007 10:44:12 AM - Info - Event Trigger "Dairy Notice 2 (delayed event)"
                              11/1/2007 10:44:12 AM - Info - Event Trigger "Dairy Notice 2"
                              11/1/2007 10:44:12 AM - Info - Running script in background: Allinsidespeakerson1.vb
                              11/1/2007 10:44:12 AM - lrpSpeak Error - -----cmdInputAB()...Error sending A/B command!
                              11/1/2007 10:44:12 AM - Info - Speak: ():Put the Dairy out Please.
                              11/1/2007 10:44:12 AM - Info - Deleting event after run: "Delayed Actions Dairy Notice 2 (delayed event)"
                              11/1/2007 10:44:14 AM - lrpSpeak Error - -----Exception error in RestoreAB8SS_State()-->SendCmdString(): The I/O operation has been aborted because of either a thread exit or an application request.
                              11/1/2007 10:44:15 AM - lrpSpeak Error - -----cmdInputAB()...Error sending A/B command!
                              11/1/2007 10:44:15 AM - lrpSpeak Error - -----Exception error in RestoreAB8SS_State()-->SendCmdString(): The I/O operation has been aborted because of either a thread exit or an application request.
                              11/1/2007 10:44:15 AM - lrpSpeak Error - -----cmdInputAB()...Error sending A/B command!
                              11/1/2007 10:44:16 AM - lrpSpeak Error - -----Exception error in RestoreAB8SS_State()-->SendCmdString(): The I/O operation has been aborted because of either a thread exit or an application request.
                              11/1/2007 10:44:16 AM - lrpSpeak Error - -----Exception error in RestoreAB8SS_State(): The I/O operation has been aborted because of either a thread exit or an application request.

Comment

Almost all the errors above are indicating an IO problem speaking to the AB8SS...what type and setup of comm ports are you using? How is the AB8SS connected to the computer? Is the AB8SS a long distance from the computer? Most of the problems I see from your post indicate that the AB8SS did not echo the same command sent to it.

Where are these generated?

11/1/2007 10:41:36 AM - Info - Speak: ():Put the Dairy out Please
                                11/1/2007 10:41:37 AM - Info - Device: Dairy Anoucement (B3) ON

Can I see how these Info - Speak: (): what produces these?
                                -Larry

Plugins:

Hardware:

Comment

Working...
                                X