This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it was easier than what I thought

HomeTrollers / Win XP users please try the version from this thread: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...36#post1135836

Comment

Loaded up great. . . . .

Many thanks. . .my client started to hyperventilate when I told home we had to wait for a revision.

Appreciate all your efforts.

Comment

XP Test

I have things loaded, it takes the pin then hangs, but going back to config says that the nest is authorized.

No devices come across.

My ini has the token like you spoke of.

Comment

Originally posted by stech99 View Post
          I have things loaded, it takes the pin then hangs, but going back to config says that the nest is authorized.

No devices come across.

My ini has the token like you spoke of.
          Please set the log level to debug, then restart the plugin, then post your logs.

Comment

Log Files

The log is on the HS3 screen correct?? If so, I get a normal start up.

I am fairly new to this and may be missing a place the logs are displayed.

Comment

The log is on the HS3 screen correct?? If so, I get a normal start up.

I am fairly new to this and may be missing a place the logs are displayed.
              you can access the logs from the web interface View / Log menu,
              restart the plugin, wait a couple of minutes than copy /paste the new log lines you should see something like that:

Code:
              Sep-02 2:30:36 PM           Nest     DEBUG event: put
              Sep-02 2:30:35 PM           Plug-In     Finished initializing plug-in Nest
              Sep-02 2:30:34 PM           Nest     INFO Nest version 3.0.0.6
              Sep-02 2:30:34 PM           Info     Plugin Nest has connected. IP:127.0.0.1:4824

Comment

Startup

Got it. . .thanks for the patience

9/2/2014 12:43:20 PM ~!~Nest~!~INFO Nest version 3.0.0.6
                9/2/2014 12:43:20 PM ~!~Plug-In~!~Finished initializing plug-in Nest
                9/2/2014 12:43:21 PM ~!~Nest~!~ERROR Could not load file or assembly 'System.Core, Version=2.0.5.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=7cec85d7bea7798e, Retargetable=Yes' or one of its dependencies. The given assembly name or codebase was invalid. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131047)
                9/2/2014 12:43:21 PM ~!~Nest~!~DEBUG System.IO.FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Core, Version=2.0.5.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=7cec85d7bea7798e, Retargetable=Yes' or one of its dependencies. The given assembly name or codebase was invalid. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131047)File name: 'System.Core, Version=2.0.5.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=7cec85d7bea7798e, Retargetable=Yes' at FirebaseSharp.Firebase.GetStreamingAsync(String path, DataUpdatedEventHandler updated) at NestSharp.NestClient.StartMonitoringData() at HSPI_Nest.NestApp.Authenticate(String accessToken) at HSPI_Nest.NestApp.<Init>b__1()WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

Comment

Got it. . .thanks for the patience

9/2/2014 12:43:20 PM ~!~Nest~!~INFO Nest version 3.0.0.6
                  9/2/2014 12:43:20 PM ~!~Plug-In~!~Finished initializing plug-in Nest
                  9/2/2014 12:43:21 PM ~!~Nest~!~ERROR Could not load file or assembly 'System.Core, Version=2.0.5.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=7cec85d7bea7798e, Retargetable=Yes' or one of its dependencies. The given assembly name or codebase was invalid. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131047)
                  9/2/2014 12:43:21 PM ~!~Nest~!~DEBUG System.IO.FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Core, Version=2.0.5.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=7cec85d7bea7798e, Retargetable=Yes' or one of its dependencies. The given assembly name or codebase was invalid. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131047)File name: 'System.Core, Version=2.0.5.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=7cec85d7bea7798e, Retargetable=Yes' at FirebaseSharp.Firebase.GetStreamingAsync(String path, DataUpdatedEventHandler updated) at NestSharp.NestClient.StartMonitoringData() at HSPI_Nest.NestApp.Authenticate(String accessToken) at HSPI_Nest.NestApp.<Init>b__1()WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].
                  From a quick google search, it seems that you need to install this patch for NET4 framework:
                  http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downl...s.aspx?id=3556

download and install then restart HS3 and the plugin

Comment

stech, could you tell me if that fixed your problem?

Comment

Is the cloud still needed to talk to the Nest?

Comment

Originally posted by kideon View Post
                        Is the cloud still needed to talk to the Nest?
                        yes

Comment

Help getting this to work...

{Edit} Just saw your note above on a patch to the dot net framework. I did not see a conclusion on if this fixed it but will try this evening (in about 8 hours). But if you read this and have other suggestions, feel free to post! I will respond with the details soon.

I just installed 3.0.0.6 from the updater and cannot get the Nest devices to appear. Here are the details:

1) Using Hometroller Pro S5 (XPE)
                          2) Successfully able to perform the authorization process on the Nest site.
                          3) Entered auth code supplied by Nest into plugin
                          4) Clicked Done - it just sat there - no devices either
                          5) Turned on debugging and ran it again. Here is what I got:

Oct-07 10:10:47 AM Nest DEBUG System.IO.FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Core, Version=2.0.5.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=7cec85d7bea7798e, Retargetable=Yes' or one of its dependencies. The given assembly name or codebase was invalid. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131047)File name: 'System.Core, Version=2.0.5.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=7cec85d7bea7798e, Retargetable=Yes' at FirebaseSharp.Firebase.GetStreamingAsync(String path, DataUpdatedEventHandler updated) at NestSharp.NestClient.StartMonitoringData() at HSPI_Nest.NestApp.Authenticate(String accessToken) at HSPI_Nest.WebConfig.postBackProc(String page, String data, String user, Int32 userRights)WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

Oct-07 10:10:47 AM Nest ERROR Could not load file or assembly 'System.Core, Version=2.0.5.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=7cec85d7bea7798e, Retargetable=Yes' or one of its dependencies. The given assembly name or codebase was invalid. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131047)

Oct-07 10:10:47 AM Nest DEBUG Access Token = c.oR38ikNpQXUCPOklovAyAO7ONnWUps9hipLqscrtQLeB3FK1Rfblxiq9We zjlCaz8A4FUL247EPIQQkA8EtiWGYXIdQsrsPL8kQimYhLfMW0ev9wLFNAy2 hezGFvI9XWSlB1BsbfmIJyyu3o

Thank you for the help!

Comment

Originally posted by Keoni View Post
                            {Edit} Just saw your note above on a patch to the dot net framework. I did not see a conclusion on if this fixed it but will try this evening (in about 8 hours). But if you read this and have other suggestions, feel free to post! I will respond with the details soon.

!
                            yes I believe this patch: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downl...s.aspx?id=3556 should fix your issue.
                            The other user having this problem didn't tell if it worked though, so please tell me once you have tested it. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
                              yes I believe this patch: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downl...s.aspx?id=3556 should fix your issue.
                              The other user having this problem didn't tell if it worked though, so please tell me once you have tested it. Thanks
                              Worked like a charm - appreciate the quick responses (and the support for XP)!

Comment

I'm experiencing an HSTouch display issue in the Climate section. The Heat and Cool setpoints display reversed. setpoints are correct in Nest, correct on the HS3 Devices screen, but incorrect on Climate. Screenshots attached.

Any ideas?

regards,

Paul
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X