Caddx plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mikemendoza View Post
    Got it. Unfortunately, my log only goes back one day (35k entries). I fixed this six days ago so it is no longer in the log. I don't want to mess with my CADDX settings to try to recreate the problem. I am afraid it will take me another 3-4 days to fix it if it breaks again.
    Ok no worries. Please let me know if you have any other issue with the plugin !!!
    Regards,

Rien du Pre
    The Netherlands
    Using:
    Homeseer PRO latest HS4 BETA on a Raspberry
    Plugin's:
    RFXCOM, mcsMQTT, Z-Wave

Comment

I love it! You did an amazing job and saved me $900. Now I don't have to purchase Elk M1 Gold. I will be sending Paypal your way.

Comment

Connection won't stay up

I installed the plugin and all went well. I got connected and HS read the panel without a glitch. Problem I'm having is the panel won't stay connected. Maybe a few hours at most. I can always go the the config page and press connect and the panel will reconnect. Never has failed to do that but it just won't stay connected. I am using a Lantronix IP to serial device to connect between HS server and Caddx. That may be the issue but shouldn't the plugin have something that will automatically try to reconnect on it's on. The fact that manauly pressing the connect button always works would seem to indicate that a automatic reconnect attempt would also work. Maybe this is more of a feature request but I think the plugin should attempt a reconnection if the connection is lost. Maybe 3 or 4 tries and the write lost connection to the log file or something like that.

Comment

Originally posted by belle View Post
          I installed the plugin and all went well. I got connected and HS read the panel without a glitch. Problem I'm having is the panel won't stay connected. Maybe a few hours at most. I can always go the the config page and press connect and the panel will reconnect. Never has failed to do that but it just won't stay connected. I am using a Lantronix IP to serial device to connect between HS server and Caddx. That may be the issue but shouldn't the plugin have something that will automatically try to reconnect on it's on. The fact that manauly pressing the connect button always works would seem to indicate that a automatic reconnect attempt would also work. Maybe this is more of a feature request but I think the plugin should attempt a reconnection if the connection is lost. Maybe 3 or 4 tries and the write lost connection to the log file or something like that.
          I can try to add this in a future release, but it will still be an unreliable situation which I would never recommend in combination with an alarm.
          Regards,

Rien du Pre
          The Netherlands
          Using:
          Plugin's:
          RFXCOM, mcsMQTT, Z-Wave

Comment

Regards,

Rien du Pre
            The Netherlands
            Using:
            Plugin's:
            RFXCOM, mcsMQTT, Z-Wave

Comment

I just tried downloading v3.1, but am getting this message in the log:
              Install/Update of package Caddx failed.

I deleted v3.0 and restarted HS3, then tried it again, but am still getting the error.
              In spite of the error, the installed plug-in page shows v3.1.0.0 as installed, but the updater says I don't have the plug-in installed.
              I can enable the plug-in and I can open the config page. Of course, I get an error that the com port is not specified, but that is because I don't have the panel connected to my HS3 computer yet.

Could the error message be a false detection?
              Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
              HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Michael View Post
                I just tried downloading v3.1, but am getting this message in the log:
                Install/Update of package Caddx failed.
                That happened to me as well, until I disabled the plugin before updating it. Apparently it doesn't like being updated while it's active.

For others updating from 3.0 to 3.1, I suggest trying this order of operations.
                1. disable caddx plugin on plugin manage page
                2. update caddx plugin on plugin manage page
                3. enable caddx plugin on plugin manage page
                4. go to plugins, caddx, config,
                5. under caddx partitions tab click "create hs devices" to generate the chime control and last user device

This sequence worked for me, it might be unnecessarily complex or not needed in all installs, so YMMV.

Comment

Originally posted by jonathanm70 View Post
                  That happened to me as well, until I disabled the plugin before updating it. Apparently it doesn't like being updated while it's active.

For others updating from 3.0 to 3.1, I suggest trying this order of operations.
                  1. disable caddx plugin on plugin manage page
                  2. update caddx plugin on plugin manage page
                  3. enable caddx plugin on plugin manage page
                  4. go to plugins, caddx, config,
                  5. under caddx partitions tab click "create hs devices" to generate the chime control and last user device

This sequence worked for me, it might be unnecessarily complex or not needed in all installs, so YMMV.
                  Thanks Jonathan, for explaining this.
                  I had the same on a clean test system, don't know why.

But the sequence you pointed out is easy enough to leave it like it is.
                  Regards,

Rien du Pre
                  The Netherlands
                  Using:
                  Plugin's:
                  RFXCOM, mcsMQTT, Z-Wave

Comment

I tried that sequence from the start. As I also noted, I even tried deleting and reinstalling the plug-in. I just tried again and still get the failed message, but now the updater reports that v3.1 is installed. I can enable it and get the configuration page, so I suspect the error message is false.

<table class="log_table_row" style="width: 970px; table-layout: fixed; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: 'Lucida Console', Monaco, monospace; font-size: 13.3333330154419px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; line-height: normal; orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: 1; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td class="LogDateLong LogDateTime1" colspan="1" style="padding-left: 3px; padding-right: 3px; font-size: 10pt; width: 150px; font-family: Courier-New, Monaco, monospace; white-space: nowrap; background: rgb(255, 255, 255);" align="left">Apr-07 11:42:31 AM</td><td class="LogPri1" colspan="1" style="padding-left: 3px; padding-right: 3px; font-size: 9pt; width: 30px; font-family: Courier-New, Monaco, monospace; background: rgb(255, 255, 255);" align="left"></td><td class="LogType1" colspan="3" style="padding-left: 3px; padding-right: 3px; font-size: 9pt; width: 100px; font-family: Courier-New, Monaco, monospace; background: rgb(255, 255, 255);" align="left">Updater</td><td class="LogEntry1" colspan="8" style="padding-left: 3px; padding-right: 3px; font-size: 9pt; font-family: Courier-New, Monaco, monospace; word-wrap: break-word; background: rgb(255, 255, 255);" align="left">Install/Update of package Caddx failed.</td></tr></tbody></table><table class="log_table_row" style="width: 970px; table-layout: fixed; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: 'Lucida Console', Monaco, monospace; font-size: 13.3333330154419px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; line-height: normal; orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: 1; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td class="LogDateLong LogDateTime0" colspan="1" style="padding-left: 3px; padding-right: 3px; font-size: 10pt; width: 150px; font-family: Courier-New, Monaco, monospace; white-space: nowrap; background: rgb(239, 239, 239);" align="left">Apr-07 11:42:31 AM</td><td class="LogPri0" colspan="1" style="padding-left: 3px; padding-right: 3px; font-size: 9pt; width: 30px; font-family: Courier-New, Monaco, monospace; background: rgb(239, 239, 239);" align="left"></td><td class="LogType0" colspan="3" style="padding-left: 3px; padding-right: 3px; font-size: 9pt; width: 100px; font-family: Courier-New, Monaco, monospace; background: rgb(239, 239, 239);" align="left">Updater Error</td><td class="LogEntry0" colspan="8" style="padding-left: 3px; padding-right: 3px; font-size: 9pt; font-family: Courier-New, Monaco, monospace; word-wrap: break-word; background: rgb(239, 239, 239);" align="left">Installation of package Caddx failed. Try disabling the plugin first, then re-try the update.</td></tr></tbody></table><table class="log_table_row" style="width: 970px; table-layout: fixed; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: 'Lucida Console', Monaco, monospace; font-size: 13.3333330154419px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; line-height: normal; orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: 1; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td class="LogDateLong LogDateTime1" colspan="1" style="padding-left: 3px; padding-right: 3px; font-size: 10pt; width: 150px; font-family: Courier-New, Monaco, monospace; white-space: nowrap; background: rgb(255, 255, 255);" align="left">Apr-07 11:42:31 AM</td><td class="LogPri1" colspan="1" style="padding-left: 3px; padding-right: 3px; font-size: 9pt; width: 30px; font-family: Courier-New, Monaco, monospace; background: rgb(255, 255, 255);" align="left"></td><td class="LogType1" colspan="3" style="padding-left: 3px; padding-right: 3px; font-size: 9pt; width: 100px; font-family: Courier-New, Monaco, monospace; background: rgb(255, 255, 255);" align="left">Updater</td><td class="LogEntry1" colspan="8" style="padding-left: 3px; padding-right: 3px; font-size: 9pt; font-family: Courier-New, Monaco, monospace; word-wrap: break-word; background: rgb(255, 255, 255);" align="left">Copying file: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS3\hspi_Caddx.exe</td></tr></tbody></table><table class="log_table_row" style="width: 970px; table-layout: fixed; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: 'Lucida Console', Monaco, monospace; font-size: 13.3333330154419px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; line-height: normal; orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: 1; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td class="LogDateLong LogDateTime0" colspan="1" style="padding-left: 3px; padding-right: 3px; font-size: 10pt; width: 150px; font-family: Courier-New, Monaco, monospace; white-space: nowrap; background: rgb(239, 239, 239);" align="left">Apr-07 11:42:31 AM</td><td class="LogPri0" colspan="1" style="padding-left: 3px; padding-right: 3px; font-size: 9pt; width: 30px; font-family: Courier-New, Monaco, monospace; background: rgb(239, 239, 239);" align="left"></td><td class="LogType0" colspan="3" style="padding-left: 3px; padding-right: 3px; font-size: 9pt; width: 100px; font-family: Courier-New, Monaco, monospace; background: rgb(239, 239, 239);" align="left">Updater</td><td class="LogEntry0" colspan="8" style="padding-left: 3px; padding-right: 3px; font-size: 9pt; font-family: Courier-New, Monaco, monospace; word-wrap: break-word; background: rgb(239, 239, 239);" align="left">Extraction Complete.</td></tr></tbody></table><table class="log_table_row" style="width: 970px; table-layout: fixed; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: 'Lucida Console', Monaco, monospace; font-size: 13.3333330154419px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; line-height: normal; orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: 1; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td class="LogDateLong LogDateTime1" colspan="1" style="padding-left: 3px; padding-right: 3px; font-size: 10pt; width: 150px; font-family: Courier-New, Monaco, monospace; white-space: nowrap; background: rgb(255, 255, 255);" align="left">Apr-07 11:42:31 AM</td><td class="LogPri1" colspan="1" style="padding-left: 3px; padding-right: 3px; font-size: 9pt; width: 30px; font-family: Courier-New, Monaco, monospace; background: rgb(255, 255, 255);" align="left"></td><td class="LogType1" colspan="3" style="padding-left: 3px; padding-right: 3px; font-size: 9pt; width: 100px; font-family: Courier-New, Monaco, monospace; background: rgb(255, 255, 255);" align="left">Updater</td><td class="LogEntry1" colspan="8" style="padding-left: 3px; padding-right: 3px; font-size: 9pt; font-family: Courier-New, Monaco, monospace; word-wrap: break-word; background: rgb(255, 255, 255);" align="left">Extracting files from zip file: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS3\Updates3\Caddx3.1.0.0\CADDX_Images.zip Destination: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS3\html\images\Caddx\</td></tr></tbody></table><table class="log_table_row" style="width: 970px; table-layout: fixed; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: 'Lucida Console', Monaco, monospace; font-size: 13.3333330154419px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; line-height: normal; orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: 1; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td class="LogDateLong LogDateTime0" colspan="1" style="padding-left: 3px; padding-right: 3px; font-size: 10pt; width: 150px; font-family: Courier-New, Monaco, monospace; white-space: nowrap; background: rgb(239, 239, 239);" align="left">Apr-07 11:42:31 AM</td><td class="LogPri0" colspan="1" style="padding-left: 3px; padding-right: 3px; font-size: 9pt; width: 30px; font-family: Courier-New, Monaco, monospace; background: rgb(239, 239, 239);" align="left"></td><td class="LogType0" colspan="3" style="padding-left: 3px; padding-right: 3px; font-size: 9pt; width: 100px; font-family: Courier-New, Monaco, monospace; background: rgb(239, 239, 239);" align="left">Updater</td><td class="LogEntry0" colspan="8" style="padding-left: 3px; padding-right: 3px; font-size: 9pt; font-family: Courier-New, Monaco, monospace; word-wrap: break-word; background: rgb(239, 239, 239);" align="left">Installing package Caddx</td></tr></tbody></table><table class="log_table_row" style="width: 970px; table-layout: fixed; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: 'Lucida Console', Monaco, monospace; font-size: 13.3333330154419px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; line-height: normal; orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: 1; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td class="LogDateLong LogDateTime1" colspan="1" style="padding-left: 3px; padding-right: 3px; font-size: 10pt; width: 150px; font-family: Courier-New, Monaco, monospace; white-space: nowrap; background: rgb(255, 255, 255);" align="left">Apr-07 11:42:31 AM</td><td class="LogPri1" colspan="1" style="padding-left: 3px; padding-right: 3px; font-size: 9pt; width: 30px; font-family: Courier-New, Monaco, monospace; background: rgb(255, 255, 255);" align="left"></td><td class="LogType1" colspan="3" style="padding-left: 3px; padding-right: 3px; font-size: 9pt; width: 100px; font-family: Courier-New, Monaco, monospace; background: rgb(255, 255, 255);" align="left">Updater</td><td class="LogEntry1" colspan="8" style="padding-left: 3px; padding-right: 3px; font-size: 9pt; font-family: Courier-New, Monaco, monospace; word-wrap: break-word; background: rgb(255, 255, 255);" align="left">Update hspi_Caddx.exe downloaded successfully</td></tr></tbody></table><table class="log_table_row" style="width: 970px; table-layout: fixed; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: 'Lucida Console', Monaco, monospace; font-size: 13.3333330154419px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; line-height: normal; orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: 1; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td class="LogDateLong LogDateTime0" colspan="1" style="padding-left: 3px; padding-right: 3px; font-size: 10pt; width: 150px; font-family: Courier-New, Monaco, monospace; white-space: nowrap; background: rgb(239, 239, 239);" align="left">Apr-07 11:42:27 AM</td><td class="LogPri0" colspan="1" style="padding-left: 3px; padding-right: 3px; font-size: 9pt; width: 30px; font-family: Courier-New, Monaco, monospace; background: rgb(239, 239, 239);" align="left"></td><td class="LogType0" colspan="3" style="padding-left: 3px; padding-right: 3px; font-size: 9pt; width: 100px; font-family: Courier-New, Monaco, monospace; background: rgb(239, 239, 239);" align="left">Updater</td><td class="LogEntry0" colspan="8" style="padding-left: 3px; padding-right: 3px; font-size: 9pt; font-family: Courier-New, Monaco, monospace; word-wrap: break-word; background: rgb(239, 239, 239);" align="left">Downloading update: Caddx</td></tr></tbody></table><table class="log_table_row" style="width: 970px; table-layout: fixed; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: 'Lucida Console', Monaco, monospace; font-size: 13.3333330154419px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; line-height: normal; orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: 1; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td class="LogDateLong LogDateTime1" colspan="1" style="padding-left: 3px; padding-right: 3px; font-size: 10pt; width: 150px; font-family: Courier-New, Monaco, monospace; white-space: nowrap; background: rgb(255, 255, 255);" align="left">Apr-07 11:42:27 AM</td><td class="LogPri1" colspan="1" style="padding-left: 3px; padding-right: 3px; font-size: 9pt; width: 30px; font-family: Courier-New, Monaco, monospace; background: rgb(255, 255, 255);" align="left"></td><td class="LogType1" colspan="3" style="padding-left: 3px; padding-right: 3px; font-size: 9pt; width: 100px; font-family: Courier-New, Monaco, monospace; background: rgb(255, 255, 255);" align="left">Updater</td><td class="LogEntry1" colspan="8" style="padding-left: 3px; padding-right: 3px; font-size: 9pt; font-family: Courier-New, Monaco, monospace; word-wrap: break-word; background: rgb(255, 255, 255);" align="left">Starting download of updates</td></tr></tbody></table>
                    Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
                    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

EDIT: I restarted HS3 again after clicking the Create HS Devices button, and now I see the chime and last user devices. Still getting the invalid pin code, but everything works. I'd still like to know why pincode won't validate, though it looks like a false positive. Anyone else have it working with invalid pincode?
                      ----

Rein, I've followed the procedure earlier in this thread for updating the plugin to 3.1 and got the same error about failing to load. Nevertheless, 3.1 is installed according to the Plug-In Manager. I restarted HS3 just to be sure everything was settled. As before, I can arm/disarm and see the correct status of zones, but I still get a red "Pincode is incorrect..." error despite using the primary/first pincode. I've gone to the keypad and verified I'm using the right one several times now, and even tried others.

Until now, I simply ignored it because everything seemed to work, but once I tried to add the additional devices (chime, last user device) I ran into problems. Each time I click the "Create HS Devices" button, it takes me to the General Settings screen where it complains about the pincode being incorrect and the new devices are not created.

Any ideas? I'm absolutely positive I have the right pin code. I have entirely uninstalled and reinstalled the plug-in and uninstalled, shutdown and restarted HS3 and reinstalled without success. I'm willing to go deeper to figure this out, like manually altering configuration settings, but I don't know what else to try.
                      Attached Files

Comment

I just ran into a different problem regarding basic operation. During my testing I bypassed a zone that was faulted, then armed and disarmed the system. When disarmed, the status for the zone updates from Faulted(Bypassed) to just Faulted (top image). Likewise, the keypads no longer indicate a bypass. The Controller button for that zone continues to read "Un-bypass", and when clicked, the zone status returns to Faulted(Bypassed) (bottom image). So, the button that reads Un-bypass is actually bypassing the zone. If you click it once again, the zone status returns to just Faulted and the button continues to read Un-bypassed (back to top image). It looks like whatever logic is used to update the status when a bypass is cleared or set should also update the control button, but it isn't.
                        Attached Files

Comment

dzee, I was having the same pincode is incorrect problem as you. I changed some of the settings in my 594 board and it worked. Sorry, I don't remember what settings. I think I went in there and turned everything on that I could.

Comment

Originally posted by dzee View Post
                            I just ran into a different problem regarding basic operation. During my testing I bypassed a zone that was faulted, then armed and disarmed the system. When disarmed, the status for the zone updates from Faulted(Bypassed) to just Faulted (top image). Likewise, the keypads no longer indicate a bypass. The Controller button for that zone continues to read "Un-bypass", and when clicked, the zone status returns to Faulted(Bypassed) (bottom image). So, the button that reads Un-bypass is actually bypassing the zone. If you click it once again, the zone status returns to just Faulted and the button continues to read Un-bypassed (back to top image). It looks like whatever logic is used to update the status when a bypass is cleared or set should also update the control button, but it isn't.
                            I will look into this...
                            Regards,

Rien du Pre
                            The Netherlands
                            Using:
                            Plugin's:
                            RFXCOM, mcsMQTT, Z-Wave

Comment

Thanks Rien for all the work on this update.

Couple questions:
                              1) are you planning on going to a paid plug-in on this? If not, I will make sure to send you a little something.

2) is there a way to set the keypad message through a script command?

3) is there a different option for sending a keypad message? in the old plugin, if you sent a keypad message, it would alternate between the System Ready | Date Time screens and stay up until you either sent a blank message or another message. I would like to send it some of my weather info, as well as other alerts and like them displayed all the time, while still seeing the system ready screen.
                              HS Install Date: Feb. 16, 2007

HS3 Pro, Z-Wave, Insteon, BLStat, HS Touch Server, MyQ

WeatherXML, BLBackup, BLLAN, BLLock, Restart, CaddX, OpenSprinkler

Comment

Originally posted by misraels View Post
                                Thanks Rien for all the work on this update.

Couple questions:
                                1) are you planning on going to a paid plug-in on this? If not, I will make sure to send you a little something.

2) is there a way to set the keypad message through a script command?

3) is there a different option for sending a keypad message? in the old plugin, if you sent a keypad message, it would alternate between the System Ready | Date Time screens and stay up until you either sent a blank message or another message. I would like to send it some of my weather info, as well as other alerts and like them displayed all the time, while still seeing the system ready screen.
                                Have you noticed the CADDX: Send Keypad Message option in the THEN pull-down? It lets you set the keypad address, message, and a display time. I haven't gotten it to work yet. I have one partition and three keypads, so according to the CADDX NX-148 LCD keypad doc, the address of keypad 1, 2, and 3 in Partition 1 are respectively, 192, 200, 208. I have not gotten a message to display, but I am still looking to see if I have my own settings in the keypads right. When I installed the system, I set a custom welcome message on all three that alternates with the System Ready and Date/Time screens. I'm not sure if I have it locked so it cannot overwrite.

If you try that and get it to work, would you please post that? I'd just like confirmation the feature is working for somebody so I know the problem is on my end.

Comment

Working...
                                X