X10 Tab

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

X10 Tab

What's the secret to getting the X10 tab to show ???

TIA
    DEM

Make sure you populate the x10 tab as soon as you create a device. It should be there when you create a new device. If you don't populate it right away and the save the device, the tab disappears and can't be brought back.

Sent from my Phone using Tapatalk
    HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
    Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

There's an annoying bug in the web interface that often fails to open the new device configuration window when you create a new device. Instead, you get a new device with Unknown/Unknown as its Floor/Room. When that happens, HS assumes it is not an X10 device and the X10 tab does not appear.

If that is what is happening, there is only one option: try again. The new device configuration window must open when you add a new X10 device and you have to follow Mark's instructions carefully when first configuring an X10 device.

If the problem is something else, please describe what you are seeing.
      Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
      HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

That's it most times it bypasses the name device window.. It does it to the insteon tab also.. It seems to me that it would be a little smarter to have check boxes in the device for X10 and or Insteon.. At least until they fix the problem.. Thanks for the quick reply,, I got one device to be created with the 2 tabs so I made like sixteen copies of it..

Comment

I have this all the time... but do find that IE works more often that Chrome... which is surprising if its an HS bug?

David
          ---------------------------------------------------http://weather.penicuik.org

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Michael View Post
            There's an annoying bug in the web interface that often fails to open the new device configuration window when you create a new device. Instead, you get a new device with Unknown/Unknown as its Floor/Room. When that happens, HS assumes it is not an X10 device and the X10 tab does not appear.

If that is what is happening, there is only one option: try again. The new device configuration window must open when you add a new X10 device and you have to follow Mark's instructions carefully when first configuring an X10 device.

If the problem is something else, please describe what you are seeing.
            From what you describe Uncle has described what I do when trying add X10 devices. I think part of the problem is that HS3 does not officially support 10
            sigpic
            A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

When this happens, please go immediately to the Manage Plugins page and check the status of the X10/CM15 plugin. If it says OK, please check the HS log and see if any errors are occurring with the plugin.

I noticed this behavior when I started working with the plugin code, and discovered that if there are any issues with the plugin or hardware, the plugin will report that there's an error and HS simply decides that the plugin is not present. This results in HS NOT displaying the X10 tab (because it thinks the plugin is not present).

This is usually not a problem when the hardware communication link is stable. I will try to address this in a future update.
              Best regards,
              -Mark-

If you're not out on the edge, you're taking up too much room!
              Interested in 3D maps? Check out my company site: Solid Terrain Modeling

Comment

Mark,
                I've just tried 5 or 6 times to add an X10 device. Every time I failed to get the new device window. There's just a new device listed with Unknown/Unknown as the locations 1&2 and 'New Device' as the name.

X10 plug-in shows as OK throughout, and there are no entries in the log regarding adding devices or X10 errors.

PS. FWIW, I unchecked all categories for the device filter so my list was empty. The first try after that was successful: I got the new device window and was able to create a new X10 device.
                Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

As with Uncle 9 times out of 10 the X10 option does not show, plugin OK and no errors, delete and start again it generally works.

Strange thing, if I create a new device when "Dining" decices are open HS3 creates the device as Unknown and I have to search for it, X10b will not be an option, deleate it and try again and the device window generally opens with X10 device.

Yet again I think this is an HST problem, I hope they are not going to go down the route of HS2 where it was damn near perfect and they walked away from it when HS3 is still got so many problems and in so many ways way behind HS2.
                  sigpic
                  A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

I have seen this as well when debugging, especially when tracing through plugin config page code. It seems that HS incorporates a timeout and will only wait around for a short time when making calls to plugins to generate config pages.

Now that you mention it, I did notice this happen occasionally when testing a new plugin version before posting (not running in VS) and didn't think much of it as I'm used to it happening almost constantly when debugging.

I'll ping Rich and ask if he has any thoughts on the subject...
                    Best regards,
                    -Mark-

Comment

Everyone, please do me a favor and try the following tests:
                      1. Try creating 10 new X10 devices and log how many succeed and how many fail.
                      2. Disable the X10 plugin.
                      3. Try creating 10 new devices and log how many succeed and how many fail.

If is still fails after the X10 plugin is disabled, try disabling other plugins (one at a time) and continue to log the results.

I am wondering if something might have changed recently in HS3 since dem5867 said "It does it to the insteon tab also.." and I'd like to get some baseline info before bringing this to Rich.
                      Best regards,
                      -Mark-

Comment

With X10 plug-in enabled: 6 failed, 4 succeeded.
                        With X10 plug-in disabled: 2 failed, 8 succeeded.

Comment

With x10 plugin enables, created 2, failed 8

With x10 plugin disabled, created 2, failed 8

What is very interesting however, is that the two devices created when the x10 plugin was disabled appeared with the extra SMS-GATEWAY tab!!!!

There must be a clue in there somewhere!

All using Chrome, and v 3.0.0.297
                          ---------------------------------------------------http://weather.penicuik.org

Comment

With X10 plug-in enabled: 2 failed, 8 succeeded.
                            With X10 plug-in disabled: 1 failed, 9 succeeded.

I've seen this issue for a long time and it was much worse for me when I was running on a slower system.

Cheers
                            Al
                            HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
                            Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post
                              I've seen this issue for a long time and it was much worse for me when I was running on a slower system.
                              Al,
                              I agree that system response is a factor. When HS refreshes the device page quickly the new device window seems much more likely to open than if HS is "busy" and hesitates after clicking the add device button.

Comment

Working...
                              X