X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agreed. Too many changes at once won't prove much.

However.

After enabling mcsAudrey under 2.3.0.113 I watched the ieexplore process with process explorer. It definitely was eating up memory a few megs a minute. Handles also were increasing.

I then decided to try mcsAudrey 1.3.
    Michael, I'm getting the following in the log on startup. I've checked, this wasn't the case before.:
    <TABLE cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>7/24/2009 10:52:46 AM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 align=left colSpan=3>mcsAudrey </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 align=left colSpan=8>InitHW Line 620 Component 'msinet.ocx' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>7/24/2009 10:52:46 AM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 align=left colSpan=3>mcsAudrey AudreyServer Info </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 align=left colSpan=8>Audrey - Clearing CID Client Database...</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>7/24/2009 10:52:46 AM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 align=left colSpan=3>mcsAudrey AudreyServer Info </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 align=left colSpan=8>Audrey - Initializing I/O... (LocalPort=4550, RemotePort=4550)</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>7/24/2009 10:52:46 AM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 align=left colSpan=3>mcsAudrey </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 align=left colSpan=8>InitUDP Line 230 Component 'msinet.ocx' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>7/24/2009 10:52:46 AM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 align=left colSpan=3>mcsAudrey </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 align=left colSpan=8>Slideshow path has not been specified</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>7/24/2009 10:52:47 AM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 align=left colSpan=3>mcsAudrey </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 align=left colSpan=8>GetTimer Line 120 Component 'msinet.ocx' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>7/24/2009 10:52:47 AM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 align=left colSpan=3>mcsAudrey Audrey </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 align=left colSpan=8>Audrey Initialize 339 Line 430 Component 'msinet.ocx' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>7/24/2009 10:52:47 AM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 align=left colSpan=3>mcsAudrey </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 align=left colSpan=8>GetTimer Line 120 Component 'msinet.ocx' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>7/24/2009 10:52:47 AM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 align=left colSpan=3>mcsAudrey Audrey </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 align=left colSpan=8>Audrey Initialize 339 Line 430 Component 'msinet.ocx' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>7/24/2009 10:52:47 AM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 align=left colSpan=3>mcsAudrey </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 align=left colSpan=8>InitAudreyUtilities Line 3100 Component 'msinet.ocx' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>7/24/2009 10:52:47 AM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 align=left colSpan=3>mcsAudrey </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 align=left colSpan=8>Startup Initialization Complete</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>7</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Currently looking for the file.
    Last edited by Wadenut; July 24, 2009, 09:13 AM.
    Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

Comment

Wow, a few megs a minute? Hokey smokes. (Glad to hear someone else around here is also using process monitor, anyway...)

Looks like you need to get the inet ocx file from another of Michael's plugins. Not sure which one would be the easiest to get it from, though.

Chris

Ok, just googled it, and it looks like this would be a starting point, anyway. I don't know if any other files are necessary, though. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/957924/

Comment

I found it. Installed in \windows\system32 and registered. It seems to be a component of VB. This took care of the log errors.

Edit: hmmm. I no longer see an iexplore.exe process. Am I blind or was this to plan?

Comment

So far, the only thing that I was not able to do it get the Setup Window to appear (HS Event Console -> mcsAudrey -> GUI Setup).

The window has not appeared under anything (as I'm used to it doing now).

Beyond that, seems VERY functional, and NO extra IE instances!!

Good job!!

--Dan
          Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Comment

The Audreys seem to be very sleepy.
            I use a script triggered by a motion sensor status change to wake up the Audreys in "Always Awake" mode by setting a value '2' (or '0' to put to sleep) in the Awake Status device. This has always worked. What I'm seeing now: The event runs, or I press the "Awaken Forever" button. The device changes to "Always Awake" as it should. After a minute or so it changes to "Awake" on its own and then a few minutes later to "Sleeping". Shortly afterward, the Audrey follows suit requiring another wakeup call. This is happening on both of my active Audreys and whether or not I have a motion device defined in the plugin.

In addition, one of the Audreys has gone mute. No pre-defined sounds play. I'm not sure if this is new, or a pre-existing problem with that Audrey, as I seldom use the sounds; I was just running the plugin through the hoops. I haven't found anything else amiss as yet.

One feature request should you (Michael) have occasion to deal with it.
            The text on the HS device buttons is quite long requiring a lot of scrolling to see/set. would it be possible to shorten these from for example "Set Master Volume to 0% @ location Audrey" to something like "Volume 0%"; or "Play Cancel Sound @ location Audrey" to simply "Cancel". In each case, most of the existing button text is already defined by the device location and name.

Comment

The text of the button is part of the HS interface so when this changes other things change as well. While I agree the width is excessive, the chance of breaking things is too great. Had I know what I know now I would have used a selector rather than a button and then the width would be constant.

If there is something in particular that needs to be investigated then the debug is the approach to understand the interface. Unfortunately I think it goes to the HS log rather than a separate file.

Comment

I can turn on debugging if you want. The log is already full of Z-Wave warnings, go it'll fill fast, but I can edit that out before posting.

Comment

One problem solved.
                  The "Check for Sleep Mode" option was set for one minute. It seems if the plugin doesn't see an "On" from the motion sensor within that time, it puts the Audrey to sleep. This is fine. I just set the time to 30 minutes; the motion sensor delay is 32.
                  I've always used events to load pages to the Audreys in the past as I could never seem to get the defined default page to load on startup. It looks like the page I need is part of the problem. If I define the default page as "AudreyTestMessage.html", everything works fine.
                  However, when I define "Buildpage.ash?val=AudreyMainPage", either nothing loads, or the Audrey simply power cycles several times before settling down.
                  The same page when sent via a script "hs.GetPlugins("mcsAudrey").AUDREYPUSHFULLSCREEN ("TouchScrn1","Buildpage.ash?val=AudreyMainPage")", works fine. Any advice on this?
                  If I could get this to work, I could eliminate about eight events and I'd be a real happy camper.
                  My ini is attached in case it can help.

Edit: I think I can get around this by loading an HTML page containing a redirect to the page I need. Now I'm on a roll!
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Wadenut; July 25, 2009, 08:54 AM.

Comment

I am nt familiar with .ash file types. Is this te .net version of .asp?

Comment

As I understand things, they're a Homeseer version of compiled/encrypted ASP. The page I want page was built using Jon00's WebPageBuilder.
                      The redirect trick works BTW.

For the benefit of anyone else in the same boat in future, I've attached it:
                      Attached Files

Comment

All day, I've been trying to get the Audreys to load the default page on HS startup without having to resort to scripts and events. Then it occurred to me, perhaps it's not expected to.
                        I've ended up forcing a power cycle to both Audreys in my startup.txt. It would seem the Audrey must already be powered on fo this to work. Since on shutdown, I turn off the Audreys, it means I have to turn them on before sending the PowerCycle. It ain't pretty.

Other than that, everything seems to be good with this version. Now I can move on to using some of the other plugin features I'd never gotten to.
                        Thanks.

Comment

Michael can you comment on my previous post.

Also, it looks like the only way I'll be able to keep the Audreys to stop power cycling repeatedly is to suppress the power and motion devices in the plugin and manage them via events. This isn't a new problem, but I'd hoped to be able to overcome it. For whatever reason, one or the other Audreys power cycles, presumably due to no response; then will continue to do so several times before settling down. I note that during the "off" delay set in the plugin, the queue continues to fill.

Can you suggest a solution.

On the lighter side, the problem caused by the errant iexplore process does seem to be solved.

Comment

Finally had a chance to install the update, thanks again!

Heap usage is a mere 14.1%, which is the lowest I've seen since I started keepng track of this sort of thing, so with any luck, that'll mean that my server will stay stable now.

Oh, and if anyone else needs the ocx, this was the only place I could find it. Annoyingly MS doesn't seem to have that separately downloadable. You can only download the VB runtime executable, which is not a redistributable, so you have to have VB installed... :-/ I did scan for viruses, and Symantec didn't find anything.
                            http://www.ocxdump.com/download-ocx-.../download.html

Thanks!
                            Chris

Comment

MIchael,

I've been using the...looks to be removed...version of the mcsAudrey from a few posts up. Everything is great, low memory use, etc.

One problem that kind of reared it's head. I think I've got it narrowed down to this partucular version of the plugin. The reason I say that is, I trouble shot as below, however, never had this issue before (except for an issue like the Keeper's, except not as bad...at least until I switched to Win2k3...then the security permissions of IE...oh well...).

I've got a few scripts that push pages to the Audreys, specifically when the Washer / Dryer finish. What I find is, if the Audrey that is supposed to be getting the page isn't there, after a small amount of time homeseer.exe pegs out to 100% processor use and I have to reset everything.

I trouble shot this by eliminating the scripts (there are 2), by disabling them, as well as disabling the plugin. My system has been up and running for over 2 weeks, no issues. Prior to this, I would run for a week or so (until Laundry day, and then ONLY if the Kitchen Audrey was hung). So, if the plugin tried to push a page to the Audrey, and the Audrey is not there, it appears to make the plugin cause homeseer.exe to peg the processor at 100%. I do NOT have anything listed in the plugin for the module address.

I was doing a MWF reboot of the Audreys. I tend to just let them sit there sleeping, as I like when they are instant on, however sometimes the Kitchen one does not restart well. It would begin to restart, then after the Audrey ERGO "green" screen, it goes white and stops. So I was thinking of putting it on a module to power cycle it.

I use UPB, can your plugin accept a non-traditional charactor as the module? Or should I just make an event that power cycles the module?

Thanks for any insite!

--Dan
                              Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Comment

The plugin can accept any device code. It uses the ExecX10 script command with ON and OFF as the parameters. The UPB plugin should respond to ON and OFF scripting commands.

Audrey device 10 Device String contains the command queue of pending commands to be sent to that Audrey. If you are able capture the contents of that string it may shed some light onto why cpu becomes pegged. It has been a long time since I did much with it so nothing comes to mind right away.

Comment

Working...
                                X