Stopped Working??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stopped Working??

After several weeks of working great, today I noticed that UltraGCIR3 was not showing up in the manage plug-ins. Sure enough, the IR was not working. I restarted HS3 and then the PC, and each time noticed it was not looking for (or not finding) my 2 global cache devices.

I have HS2 and HS3 on the same computer, so I disabled it on HS3 and enabled the HS2 version and it finds my devices and works fine. Suggestions?

Thanks
    Gary

Did it ever work on HS3? Do you recall seeing a firewall prompt asking you to allow my plug-in to listen for network connections? Do you have anything else running like the Global Cache iHelp program? What are the Global Cache devices you have installed?
    Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Strange...

Originally posted by Ultrajones View Post
      Did it ever work on HS3?
      Yes, it has worked fine on HS3 Pro (3.0.0.258) on the same Windows 8.1 for 3 or 4 weeks.

Do you recall seeing a firewall prompt asking you to allow my plug-in to listen for network connections?
      No, there has never been a firewall prompt for HS3/UltraGCIR3 (using Webroot 2016 & Windows 8.1 Firewall).

Do you have anything else running like the Global Cache iHelp program?
      No, not iHelp, and AFIK, nothing like it, and nothing else from GC. As mentioned, I do have UltraGCIR on HS2, but it is never enabled at the same time UltraGCIR3 is enabled.

What are the Global Cache devices you have installed
      (From HS3, last time a DiscoveryBeacon went out.)
      4/4/2016 01:49:15 PM,Informational,DiscoveryBeacon: Global Cache unit iTachIP2IR [192.168.1.244] discovered.
      4/4/2016 01:49:21 PM,Informational,DiscoveryBeacon: Global Cache unit GC-100-12 [192.168.1.249] discovered.

After that, this is all I get in the log after HS3 is brought down and restarted:
      4/4/2016 02:01:48 PM,Shutdown,Shutting down plug-in: UltraGCIR3
      4/4/2016 02:01:48 PM,Info,Plugin UltraGCIR3 with instance: has disconnected
      4/4/2016 02:02:14 PM,Plug-In,Found plug-in: UltraGCIR3, version: 3.0.5857.37252
      4/4/2016 02:02:15 PM,Info,Plugin UltraGCIR3 has connected. IP:127.0.0.1:54475
      4/4/2016 02:02:15 PM,Plug-In,Finished initializing plug-in UltraGCIR3

The IP2IR blaster interface is the only GC that I really use at this point. As you can see from the screen capture below, I have VERY few interfaces at this point in my HS2-->3 migration. Some history. When I brought HS3 down yesterday (at ~1:49 PM) I added mcsXAP.exe to the HS3 root. When it came up, it did not initialize properly (still working that issue also). Coincidently, that is when UltraGCIR3 also started to not initialize properly (note, the last dB3 update seems to show 1:49 PM). Neither XAP, nor GCIR3 appear(ed) in the Plug-Ins, Manage, drop-down. Its more that a little likely that whatever caused the XAP problem affected GCIR3 in some way also. However, if so, it did not affect the other three plug-ins at all. All three seem to work fine. Currently, I have removed all of mcsXAP and restarted PC/HS3 several times. Any Suggestions on how to get UltraGCIR3 back?

Thanks
      Gary

Currently...

Comment

Debug Suggestions?

I believe the issues with mcsXAP are resolved and seem to have been a SQLLite issue. Unfortunately, UltraGCIR3 still is not discovering the GC boxes. Here is the latest debug.log:
        4/6/2016 01:03:20 PM...HomeSeerV~~!~~3.0.0.258
        4/6/2016 01:03:20 PM...HomeSeerL~~!~~True
        4/6/2016 01:03:20 PM...HomeSeerU~~!~~0 Days 0 Hours 3 Minutes 9 Seconds
        4/6/2016 01:03:20 PM...Debug~~!~~Entered InitIO() function.
        4/6/2016 01:03:20 PM...Debug~~!~~Entered Version() function.
        4/6/2016 01:03:20 PM...Informational~~!~~UltraGCIR3 version 3.0.5857.37252 initializing...

Next steps?

Thanks
        Gary

Comment

Please disable UltraGCIR2 in HS2, then shutdown HomeSeer2. Please disable UltraGCIR3 in HomeSeer3, then shutdown HS3. Now restart the computer.

Once started, please run and record the output of:

netstat -an | find "9131"

If you don't get back any results, then please start HS3. Run the command again to confirm you're not seeing any output of:

Now, start the UltraGCIR3 plug-in and run the command again to confirm you're seeing output from the command:

Please report back.

Regards,
          Ultrajones
          Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Ok, Done...

As shown in the screen shots below (date/time stamped), unfortunately UltraGCIR3 is still not finding the GC devices. What next?

Thanks much for your time and effort in this,
            Gary

Comment

The plug-in isn't listening for inbound connection, so it won't ever be able to find your Global Cache devices. Can you launch the plug-in in debug mode and provide me the output?

Regards,
              Ultrajones

Comment

Originally posted by Ultrajones View Post
                Can you launch the plug-in in debug mode and provide me the output?
                Yes, I believe I can if I knew how. You realize I don't have a Manage UltraGCIR3 entry in the Plugins drop-down? I assume it will be a setting in the hspi_ultragcir3.ini. I searched the UltraGCIR3 guide and message board, but could not find anything definitive.

Let me know please, sorry to be such a PIA.

Thanks much,
                Gary

Comment

Start Debug?

Ultrajones, any guidance on what I need to do to get the debug information you need? I really need to get your plugin back up and running if possible.

Thanks
                  Gary

Comment

If you can't get to the config page within the plugin, you can change the logging settings under [Options] in HSPI_ULTRAGCIR3.ini found in the Config folder. Change LogLevel to LogLevel=8 for debug logging.

Cheers
                    Al
                    HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
                    Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post
                      Change LogLevel to LogLevel=8 for debug logging.
                      Al
                      Thanks much Al, help is greatly appreciated. To be clear here is my hspi_ultragcir3.ini:
                      [Settings]
                      Version=3.0.5857.37252
                      LogLevel=8

Unless I did something wrong or looking in the wrong debug file, there is nothing additional in the hspi_ultragcir3_debug.log file:
                      4/11/2016 11:33:49 AM...HomeSeerV~~!~~3.0.0.258
                      4/11/2016 11:33:49 AM...HomeSeerL~~!~~True
                      4/11/2016 11:33:49 AM...HomeSeerU~~!~~0 Days 11 Hours 34 Minutes 19 Seconds
                      4/11/2016 11:33:49 AM...Debug~~!~~Entered InitIO() function.
                      4/11/2016 11:33:49 AM...Debug~~!~~Entered Version() function.
                      4/11/2016 11:33:49 AM...Informational~~!~~UltraGCIR3 version 3.0.5857.37252 initializing...

I even restarted HS3 after enabling UltraGCIR3. Any suggestions?

Thanks
                      Gary

Comment

Originally posted by Kbevo View Post
                        Thanks much Al, help is greatly appreciated. To be clear here is my hspi_ultragcir3.ini:
                        [Settings]
                        Version=3.0.5857.37252
                        LogLevel=8

Unless I did something wrong or looking in the wrong debug file, there is nothing additional in the hspi_ultragcir3_debug.log file:
                        4/11/2016 11:33:49 AM...HomeSeerV~~!~~3.0.0.258
                        4/11/2016 11:33:49 AM...HomeSeerL~~!~~True
                        4/11/2016 11:33:49 AM...HomeSeerU~~!~~0 Days 11 Hours 34 Minutes 19 Seconds
                        4/11/2016 11:33:49 AM...Debug~~!~~Entered InitIO() function.
                        4/11/2016 11:33:49 AM...Debug~~!~~Entered Version() function.
                        4/11/2016 11:33:49 AM...Informational~~!~~UltraGCIR3 version 3.0.5857.37252 initializing...

I even restarted HS3 after enabling UltraGCIR3. Any suggestions?

Thanks
                        Gary
                        It needs to be under [Options], not [Settings]. If you don't have that, you'll need to add that section.

Cheers
                        Al

Comment

That got the debug, thanks much and sorry for that misfire. As a side note, where are you getting this information, I couldn't find it in the guide?

Now back to my problem at hand. The debug log shows the source of the problem.
                          4/11/2016 12:10:40 PM...HomeSeerV~~!~~3.0.0.258
                          4/11/2016 12:10:40 PM...HomeSeerL~~!~~True
                          4/11/2016 12:10:40 PM...HomeSeerU~~!~~0 Days 0 Hours 30 Minutes 11 Seconds
                          4/11/2016 12:10:40 PM...Debug~~!~~Entered InitIO() function.
                          4/11/2016 12:10:40 PM...Debug~~!~~Entered Version() function.
                          4/11/2016 12:10:40 PM...Informational~~!~~UltraGCIR3 version 3.0.5857.37252 initializing...
                          4/11/2016 12:10:40 PM...Error~~!~~System.IO.FileNotFoundException
                          4/11/2016 12:10:40 PM...Error~~!~~System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Data.SQLite, Version=1.0.87.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=db937bc2d44ff139' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
                          File name: 'System.Data.SQLite, Version=1.0.87.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=db937bc2d44ff139'
                          at HSPI_ULTRAGCIR3.Database.InitializeMainDatabase()
                          at HSPI_ULTRAGCIR3.HSPI.InitIO(String port)
                          WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
                          To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
                          Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
                          To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

It appears like I may be in SQLite.dll version hell and explains why UltraGCIR3 quit working when I enabled XAP. To get mcsXAP to work, I had to put a version of SQLite in the HS3 root directory. Strange though, because I the last version I tried was a later version than 1.0.87.0 (if that is in fact the one GCIR is trying to LOAD vs the one found). I am not sure how to fix this issue without breaking XAP, any suggestions?

Thanks again,
                          Gary

Comment

Originally posted by Kbevo View Post
                            That got the debug, thanks much and sorry for that misfire. As a side note, where are you getting this information, I couldn't find it in the guide?

Now back to my problem at hand. The debug log shows the source of the problem.
                            4/11/2016 12:10:40 PM...HomeSeerV~~!~~3.0.0.258
                            4/11/2016 12:10:40 PM...HomeSeerL~~!~~True
                            4/11/2016 12:10:40 PM...HomeSeerU~~!~~0 Days 0 Hours 30 Minutes 11 Seconds
                            4/11/2016 12:10:40 PM...Debug~~!~~Entered InitIO() function.
                            4/11/2016 12:10:40 PM...Debug~~!~~Entered Version() function.
                            4/11/2016 12:10:40 PM...Informational~~!~~UltraGCIR3 version 3.0.5857.37252 initializing...
                            4/11/2016 12:10:40 PM...Error~~!~~System.IO.FileNotFoundException
                            4/11/2016 12:10:40 PM...Error~~!~~System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Data.SQLite, Version=1.0.87.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=db937bc2d44ff139' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
                            File name: 'System.Data.SQLite, Version=1.0.87.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=db937bc2d44ff139'
                            at HSPI_ULTRAGCIR3.Database.InitializeMainDatabase()
                            at HSPI_ULTRAGCIR3.HSPI.InitIO(String port)
                            WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
                            To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
                            Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
                            To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

It appears like I may be in SQLite.dll version hell and explains why UltraGCIR3 quit working when I enabled XAP. To get mcsXAP to work, I had to put a version of SQLite in the HS3 root directory. Strange though, because I the last version I tried was a later version than 1.0.87.0 (if that is in fact the one GCIR is trying to LOAD vs the one found). I am not sure how to fix this issue without breaking XAP, any suggestions?

Thanks again,
                            Gary
                            Hi Gary,

You may be able to move the XAP version of SQLite.dll to a subdirectory and create a .config file (take a look at some of the others for examples). I did the same for a couple of plugins that had the same issue (until the authors could fix it properly). Each plugin author needs to put them in a different sub-directory to ensure there are no version incompatibilites.

I changed the Debug settings through the web-page for mine and then checked the ini file for changes. Don't think that's documented anywhere.

Cheers
                            Al

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post
                              Hi Gary,

You may be able to move the XAP version of SQLite.dll to a subdirectory and create a .config file (take a look at some of the others for examples). I did the same for a couple of plugins that had the same issue (until the authors could fix it properly). Each plugin author needs to put them in a different sub-directory to ensure there are no version incompatibilites.

I changed the Debug settings through the web-page for mine and then checked the ini file for changes. Don't think that's documented anywhere.

Cheers
                              Al
                              Thanks much Al, kind of what I was afraid of. So to your knowledge, the fix likely lies with XAP. In that, you don't think UltraGCIR3 has a config option to point to SQLite.dll in another subdirectory?

If I understand the issue correctly, it seems odd that the SQLite developers would not make that dll upward compatible.

Thanks again,
                              Gary

Comment

Working...
                              X