Z-Troller no longer shows "optimize network" function

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Z-Troller no longer shows "optimize network" function

I received my Ztroller a few weeks ago, installed it successfully, added all nodes and ran the optimize network function. Everything was fast and responsive. A few days ago one of my switches started getting "no responses" so I went into HS to remove the node and run "optimize network", but that function no longer shows from the Setup-Interfaces-Manage menu - my only options are Create Secondary Controller, Load Devices, Rescan Devices and Reset Controller. Also, when I go into the properties of a device, I no longer se "removes node". Ztroller is selected as my controller and it communicates with all devices directly from the status page. I am running 2.1.155 (upgraded to solve the mysterious lights-coming-on-randomly-problem) and everything else seems to be running fine.

Anyone else having this issue? If not, I will submit a help ticket.

Running .155 & have the optimize button, tested and works .

Comment

Success!!

I thought I had tried everything short of resetting the controller and I still did not see the optimize network or remove node functions. I closed and restarted HS, rebooted the computer, set the controller to "none" in the interfaces tab and set it back to Ztroller and unplugged the controller from computer and AC. Nothing worked!!

Then I unplugger the Ztroller, took out the batteries, put them back in and plugged it in again and it worked!!

Must be a small bug, but at least now I know what to do if I loose Ztroller functions.

Comment

FYI.. It took me a bit of time to find this post.. but wanted to confirm for others that might be looking.

I experienced this problem this morning..

All buttons on setup/interface z-troller were present except "Optimize network".

Stopping homeseer...
        Disconnected Ztroller from PC
        Disconnected Ztroller from AC power
        Removed Ztroller Batteries
        Re-install Ztroller batteries
        Connected Ztroller to AC power
        Connected Ztroller to PC
        Start Homeseer

Took care of the problem

I'd be lost without the board search function.

Thanks all
        Andrew
        Regards,

Andrew B.

Comment

I hope someone put in a trouble ticket. While the board is helpful sometimes for us users, it doesn't drive what the HS team fixes (or even knows about).

Steve

Comment

Thanks for the details, I'll have a look.
            💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Steve,

Point taken..

I put in a ticket as an FYI to the HS folks.

Thanks

Andrew
              Regards,

Andrew B.

Comment

Losing node info

Won't "pulling the plug" so-to-speak cause the Z-troller to lose all node info?

Comment

No, all information is stored in flash memory and will not get lost.

Comment

Batteries

That's good news. I guess the batteries are only to power the unit while you walk around adding devices then?

Comment

Yes, you are correct.

Comment

Working...
                      X