This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HSTouch Designer Remote Connection

Would someone be kind enough to explain in a bit more detail how to set up HSTouch Designer to run from a remote location. I've configured my router to forward 10200 to the machine on whick Homeseer is running. In fact, if I type in my IP address at work followed by 10200 it pulls up some of the RSS feeds retrieved by HS so it seems like the forwarding part is working. When I install Designer on the remote machine and try to connect, however, it doesn't. I've given it the IP address with or w/o the 10200 extension. Anything else I should be doing to make this work? Thanks.

I can't access it right now, but I remember only having to do what you said. the url doesn't require the port. maybe provide a screenshot of your config page?
    Plugins:
    BLLogMonitor, BLGarbage, BLBackup, BLOutGoingCalls, BLUps, BLRfid, JvEss, DooMotion, Applied Digital Ocelot, AC RF Processor, UltraMon, PJC AVR 430, UPB, Rain8net, DSC Panel, JRiver Media center, Windows Media Player, SageMediaCenter, SnevlCID, MCSTemperature.

Comment

Originally posted by cbarner View Post
      Would someone be kind enough to explain in a bit more detail how to set up HSTouch Designer to run from a remote location. I've configured my router to forward 10200 to the machine on whick Homeseer is running. In fact, if I type in my IP address at work followed by 10200 it pulls up some of the RSS feeds retrieved by HS so it seems like the forwarding part is working. When I install Designer on the remote machine and try to connect, however, it doesn't. I've given it the IP address with or w/o the 10200 extension. Anything else I should be doing to make this work? Thanks.
      Ok, I just tried pulling up my HS server remotely just as you described - using a web browser pointing to http://<my home ip address>:10200

I get 'connecting' but no connection.

In your port forwarding, do you forward incoming (from internet) port 10200 to port 10200 on your homeseer server's ip address? If so, that's correct. If not, you need to do that.
      huggy_d1

Automating made easy

Comment

I was just thinking - you may also need to configure the windows firewall to allow that port to be opened. depending on your OS when you try accessing it remotely for the first time, the HS pc may display that security notification window that gives you the option of allowing it permanently or not. Otherwise you'd need to go in there and do it manually. you could test this theory by turning of windows firewall for a moment and trying to connect.

let me if that works and if you need help.
        Plugins:
        BLLogMonitor, BLGarbage, BLBackup, BLOutGoingCalls, BLUps, BLRfid, JvEss, DooMotion, Applied Digital Ocelot, AC RF Processor, UltraMon, PJC AVR 430, UPB, Rain8net, DSC Panel, JRiver Media center, Windows Media Player, SageMediaCenter, SnevlCID, MCSTemperature.

Comment

Working...
        X