Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CallerID name and number in the Subject of an email plus number of rings

Hi guys,

i have been using this for a while and think its great however there are 2 things i cannot work out how todo:

1) Is there a way to show how many rings the caller rang for? i use this to work out if they left an answerphone message

2) I was trying to have the name, number and time in the subject of the email but all i get is what you see below, is there a way to fix this?

Example:

Subject: $name called from $nmbr at Tuesday, January 18 2011time‏

Body:
    PERSON called from (123) 567-8911 at 1/18/2011 10:27:50 AM.

thanks

Raptor
    HS3 Pro on Windows 8 64bit
    53 Z-wave nodes(46 devices, 7 remotes), 15 DS10a's, 10 ms16a's, 9 Oregon Sensors, W800, RFXCOMtrx433, Way2Call, 3 HSTouch Clients, 2xRussound CAS44, Global Cache GC100-12,10 Rollertrol blinds(+ zwave) ,3 Squeezebox Radios and 1 Squeezebox Boom,DMX Arduino via ethernet,Rain8Net,3x Echo Dot's

Check out my electronics blog here:
    https://www.facebook.com/RaptorsIrrationalInventions

number of rings would be a great addition

Ability to track / send emails about other call details like number of rings and whether an extension or local phone picked up for a given call would be great. That way you'd have a pretty good idea of whether a message was left or not.
    Last edited by ; January 19, 2011, 01:41 PM.

Comment

I too would like the ability to use variables in the subject line!

Comment

Originally posted by DavidG View Post
        Ability to track / send emails about other call details like number of rings and whether an extension or local phone picked up for a given call would be great. That way you'd have a pretty good idea of whether a message was left or not.
        Why not have your messages emailed to you. This is what I used to do and it eliminated the need to ever listen to messages when I arrived home.
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Rupp,

How would we do that? how do you make homeseer record the voicemails?

Raptor
          53 Z-wave nodes(46 devices, 7 remotes), 15 DS10a's, 10 ms16a's, 9 Oregon Sensors, W800, RFXCOMtrx433, Way2Call, 3 HSTouch Clients, 2xRussound CAS44, Global Cache GC100-12,10 Rollertrol blinds(+ zwave) ,3 Squeezebox Radios and 1 Squeezebox Boom,DMX Arduino via ethernet,Rain8Net,3x Echo Dot's

Comment

Originally posted by Raptor View Post
            Rupp,

How would we do that? how do you make homeseer record the voicemails?

Raptor
            Sorry about this. I didn't see this was in Ultras forum. I thought you guys were using HomeSeer Phone. This is what HomeSeer phone does. There's an option in the HomeSeer phone options that you can set to send message to email(s) on message left.
            💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Oh ok, I would love to get HSPhone but the hardware costs too much.

Raptor

Comment

Subject line variables have been added as of UltraCID HSPI version 1.1.4036.30650. I also added support for $rings in both the subject and body.

Regards,
                Ultrajones
                Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Nice!
                  Thank you very much.

Comment

awesome thanks!

Comment

very nice! I'll try it out.

Comment

New problem with $rings

Ok, new problem. I am sending an email on incoming call and I am including $rings in the body. Problem is, the $rings variable always returns "1" since the trigger available is on on the start of a call..."incoming call"...

How about a trigger based on End of call - if the modem knows that? Or a condition that indicates that there's no call/ last ring time was more than 1.5*(normal ring plus silence time)? If I could send the email at the end of the call, I'd be in good shape I think. Otherwise I have to trigger on incoming call, but put in an arbitrary wait equal to the maximum no-answer time before sending the email maybe the $ring would be right?

Comment

I added a wait, and it's OK

FYI - I added a 1 min wait to the actions before the email action, and it seems to be doing fine that way. It takes a while for the notice to go out but the number of rings is correct.

Obviously if there's a more elegant answer based on the call actually ending, that would be better. This way it means a 1 minute wait before it sends every email, even if the call was dropped 55 seconds earlier. And potentially, another call (or calls) could be received and end during the minute the wait is happening, in which case the first call's email notice might be sent with details that actually came from the other call.

Comment

I see the same circumstance as DavidG -

Comment

Have not tested the rings yet but the subject line is working a charm!!

Comment

Working...
                              X