Export RFXCOM HS2 devices to HS3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Export RFXCOM HS2 devices to HS3

1. Make a back-up of the HS3 database!!!!
    2. Install the RFXCOM HS2 plugin version 15.0.0.22 (or up)
    3. In HS2 run on the Control Panel the Immediate Script Command: &hs.plugin("RFXCOM").export()
    4. Copy the export.txt file from the Homeseer2 directory to the Homeseer3 directory
    5. Install the RFXCOM HS3 plug-in (version 30.0.0.13 or up)
    6. The System Date&Time setting should be the same as on the HS2 system
    7. Configure the receivers and transmitters. The first RFXtrx or transmitter found is used as transmitter in Output devices.
    8. Configure the House codes (A to Z) to be used for Security, Input and Virtual sensors on the Interface panel “X_IFACE[1]Q” device.
    The default settings are: S=Security, I=Input, V=Virtual
    The same DeviceCode will be used as for those devices in HS2, only the House code will change.
    The same HC/DC will be used for Output devices as configured in HS2.
    Important:
    If a device already exists with the same HC/DC in HS3 the Output device will not be imported!
    Also if a S, I or V HouseCode is used in HS2 for Output devices than check if the HC/DC code will not be used in HS3 for a Security, Input and Virtual sensor.
    9. In HS3 create and run an Event with these settings:
    - This Event is manually triggered
    - Run a script or Script Command: and select the RFXCOMimport.vb file which is in the HS3 scripts directory
    10. Update Output devices with the transmitter to use if necessary.

RFXCOMimport.vb file contents:
    Code:
    Sub Main(ByVal parm As Object)
        hs.PluginFunction("RFXCOM", "", "Import", Nothing)
    End Sub

Error running script for HS2 export to HS3

I am getting the following error running the script

4/23/2015 10:42:45 AM - System - Control Panel Immediate Script: &hs.plugin("RFXCOM").export()
    4/23/2015 10:42:45 AM - Error - Running script, init error: Exception from HRESULT: 0x800A01B6
    Last edited by Ricky; April 25, 2015, 08:03 AM.

Comment

See step 2: Install the RFXCOM HS2 plugin version 15.0.0.22 (or up)

Comment

For your information:
        After importing the HS2 data, it looks like all Visonic devices get new sensor ID (longer than the old ones).

So I'll have to go through all sensors, clear headers and hope that I can assign the right ID's to the right sensors.

Is this expected behaviour?
        Attached Files
        Last edited by DJF3; July 27, 2015, 06:44 AM.

Comment

If the "Use extended sensor address" was not enabled in HS2 you will have to change all sensors in HS3 because this plug-in uses always the extended address.

Comment

Question...

Bert, does this migration process work if you are using ACRF2 on HS2 or must your devices be using RFXCom on HS2?

Thanks
            Gary

Comment

Gary, the ACRF plugin does not have the export function.

Adding environmental sensors and security sensors is not so difficult in the RFXCOM plug-in.
              Contact support rfxcom.com if you have a lot of sensors to configure, maybe we can create something.

Comment

Originally posted by b_weijenberg View Post
                Contact support rfxcom.com if you have a lot of sensors to configure, maybe we can create something.
                Actually Bert, just the opposite. I only have six DS10's and 6 or 7 Motion sensors that have to be moved over. It sounds like it may be as easy for me to simply recreate those devices in HS3 rather than configuring RFXCom in HS2 and doing the import. What do you think? I am assuming the DS10's would be the only thing the export/import would deal with anyway, right?

Thanks
                Gary

Comment

It is very easy to configure the X10 security sensors in the RFXCOM HS3 plug-in and no need to do this in HS2.

Comment

rfxcom license

Is have rfxcom license for HS2 , like to upgrade to HS3
                    is license transferable to HS3 or I need to purchase rfxcom license for HS3 ?

Thanks

Comment

The new HS store does not have the upgrade option anymore.
                      Contact support rfxcom.com for a solution.

Comment

USB Only?

Bert, quick question, in looking at the Rfxcom plugin release notes, there is no mention of support for serial interfaces (e.g. USB W800RF32 receivers). Are the WS800RF32 serial receivers supported?

Thanks
                        Gary

Comment

Yes, the W800RF32 receivers are supported.
                          You can use up to 6 receivers in a mix of RFXCOM and W800RF32.

Configure the COM port, select X10 and 32 bits receiver
                          Attached Files

Comment

Thanks much Bert, I will download, install and get started with my RF transition to HS3.

Gary

Comment

Originally posted by b_weijenberg View Post
                              Yes, the W800RF32 receivers are supported...
                              Configure the COM port, select X10 and 32 bits receiver
                              Bert, quick question. In my current configuration, I still have HS2 running with two W800 receivers. I moved one of my W800's over to HS3 (Com17) for my RF transition. When I added it as a receiver, the HS3 log showed:

Feb-07 1:14:25 PM RFXCOM Warning: 33 (Open) error :System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the port 'COM14' is denied. at System.IO.Ports.InternalResources.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String str) at System.IO.Ports.SerialStream..ctor(String portName, Int32 baudRate, Parity parity, Int32 dataBits, StopBits stopBits, Int32 readTimeout, Int32 writeTimeout, Handshake handshake, Boolean dtrEnable, Boolean rtsEnable, Boolean discardNull, Byte parityReplace) at System.IO.Ports.SerialPort.Open() at HSPI_RFXCOM.clsRS232.Open()

This error was displayed a total of 9 times, one for each of my COM ports open on HS2. Is this normal? If so, any way to inhibit the logging of the error?

It did initialize successfully:
                              Feb-07 1:17:41 PM RFXCOM 33 (RecRxChar) receiver #1 successfully initialized to 32 bit mode

Thanks
                              Gary {on to setting up DS10's, MS14's, & KR19a)}

Comment

Working...
                              X