Aeon Labs Aeotec Z-Wave Multi-Sensor 6, Gen5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jlrichar View Post
    Perhaps the UV is really low? Have you tried putting it in direct sunlight outside to see if the value changes?
    yup, we put it outside the office for an hour or more...
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by jlrichar View Post
      Perhaps the UV is really low? Have you tried putting it in direct sunlight outside to see if the value changes?
      UV index is usually very low and I doubt it would even measure indoors. I don't know how Aeon expects it to read. I have a sensor in my PWS on my roof with direct exposure to the sun and it will be 6 or 7 at the maximum, occasionally 8 (the peak this device will report) - and we have thin air here I don't know how well UV reflects, but I would bet it is not very efficient at bouncing from the ground up to an outdoor sensor. Indoors, I would bet it would have to be exposed to direct sunlight to generate any sort of reading and with most modern windows blocking UV, you might not get a reading.

The UV index was originally a linear scale from 0-11, but there have been higher readings now that the ozone layer is thinner.

Here is a link to a week's worth of data from my weather station. UV is at the bottom.

There is a Wikipedia page with a chart at the bottom showing common values.

Below is a screenshot from yesterday.
      Attached Files
      HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Would it be possible for HomeSeer to coordinate with Aeotec to come up with a method to update the firmware using HomeSeer? There appears to be another company that is in the process of implementing such a process with their controllers.

Comment

I love information and all. And I can see how lux measurements are useful, but uv? Why?
          Certified installer for HomeSeer, Control4, KNX and Eaton/xComfort

Comment

Originally posted by U5tabil View Post
            I love information and all. And I can see how lux measurements are useful, but uv? Why?
            You might find the visible light sensor just so happens to report UV also (the Silicon Labs Si1145 for example reads IR, Visible and UV Index in one sensor), it would then only be a matter of software change to report that back to HS and then you have a new feature that probably has negligible real use but looks good on advertising specs and costs virtually nothing to implement.

Comment

Some clarification questions:
              1. Is there where the firmware version is displayed
              2. When I add it to my system, I get the 7 of 8 children added message. I assume that means that I'm missing a child device. I've tried removing and re-adding, but still 7 of 8. Is that the correct process? I'm on HS3 Pro 3.0.0.199 and Z-Wave 3.0.1.25.
              3. Is there anything I'm missing with the setup or use of this device?

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by ckellyusa View Post
                Some clarification questions:
                1. Is there where the firmware version is displayed
                2. When I add it to my system, I get the 7 of 8 children added message. I assume that means that I'm missing a child device. I've tried removing and re-adding, but still 7 of 8. Is that the correct process? I'm on HS3 Pro 3.0.0.199 and Z-Wave 3.0.1.25.
                3. Is there anything I'm missing with the setup or use of this device?

Thanks!
                That is the same way all of mine added. 7 of 8 child devices. 1.6 is the latest firmware according to Chrisopher Cheng of Aeon. There seems to be some confusion about a "vibration" detector that is described in the literature. According to Christopher that is really the tamper detection, which shows up under Home Security. I don't know if that is true.

So, I really don't have an answer what the missing child node is. Mine are all working fine with the 7 child nodes created. UV will not report changes of less than 2 in the index and the only way I have been able to get it to report is to aim it at the sky, then I got a reading of 4, followed by 2 later in the afternoon, then 0 after about 4:00pm. Indoors they are not going to report because all of my glass is UV blocking.

The luminance is completely different than the multi-sensor 5. The series 6 will read above 1000, my driveway unit reported about 7800 the first day. They also report much lower numbers in the 0-1000 range than the series 5 units. Where mu series 5 outdoor units would hit 1000 just after sunrise, these take about 1-1.5 hours before they hit that number. I am going to take a light meter outside sometime in the next few days and see how they compare.

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
                  That is the same way all of mine added. 7 of 8 child devices. 1.6 is the latest firmware according to Chrisopher Cheng of Aeon. There seems to be some confusion about a "vibration" detector that is described in the literature. According to Christopher that is really the tamper detection, which shows up under Home Security. I don't know if that is true.

So, I really don't have an answer what the missing child node is. Mine are all working fine with the 7 child nodes created. UV will not report changes of less than 2 in the index and the only way I have been able to get it to report is to aim it at the sky, then I got a reading of 4, followed by 2 later in the afternoon, then 0 after about 4:00pm. Indoors they are not going to report because all of my glass is UV blocking.

The luminance is completely different than the multi-sensor 5. The series 6 will read above 1000, my driveway unit reported about 7800 the first day. They also report much lower numbers in the 0-1000 range than the series 5 units. Where mu series 5 outdoor units would hit 1000 just after sunrise, these take about 1-1.5 hours before they hit that number. I am going to take a light meter outside sometime in the next few days and see how they compare.
                  I too had a support case open with Chris. He told me that the vibration sensor shows up in HS when it detects vibration. I tested this by tapping the sensor on a table top and then looked at my device list and there it was.

Comment

Originally posted by jogentry View Post
                    I too had a support case open with Chris. He told me that the vibration sensor shows up in HS when it detects vibration. I tested this by tapping the sensor on a table top and then looked at my device list and there it was.
                    That's interesting. When I asked Christopher about the vibration sensor he replied "No problem, I am currently using Homeseer HS3 right now and the tamper button does work". I tried what you suggested on a handful of my sensors - when I tap on them the Home Security child reports "Tampering Cover Removed", then when there is a "No Motion" reported from the PIR, it clears the report, as shown in the two screenshots below. This child was created in the beginning and is consistent with what Christopher wrote.
                    Attached Files

Comment

I have the 1.6 version of this but for some reason the status does not update properly on it. I have added it "non-secure". Any idea on this?
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by U5tabil; October 5, 2015, 10:39 AM.

Comment

This is weird. what kind of default value is this?

240sec before it goes from motion/no-motion? And lowest value is 10 seconds on PIR time?

Then it has a value of 3600sec before it reports anything?!

I can't say i like this sensor that much. other than that it has USB connection and humidity sensing.

Comment

Mine is on constant USB power, and I would like it to report every 60 seconds. Where and how can I change it ?

Comment

Originally posted by mikee123 View Post
                            Mine is on constant USB power, and I would like it to report every 60 seconds. Where and how can I change it ?
                            You find it under Settings on the device's Z-Wave tab.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.png
Views:	1
Size:	74.5 KB
ID:	1186171

Comment

Ok I am probably being silly, but my page looks slightly different
                              Attached Files

Comment

Same for me!

Comment

Working...
                                X