Jon00 Bluetooth Proximity Detector V2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Startup.vb

Anyway to get this to startup in startup.vb but without logging into windows?

jon00perfmon works ok but jon00blue does not and i THINK it is because it wants to load the application in the taskbar? could you please advise on a solution?

WORKS: hs.Launch(hs.GetAppPath & "\Jon00PerfMonHS3.exe","","",0)
    FAILS: hs.Launch("C:\Jon00BlueHS3\Jon00BlueHS3.exe","","",0)

Comment

You should be starting the client via Windows startup folder and not via Homeseer (as per the docs).

If you insist on using Homeseer then you need to create a Windows Shortcut to the exe in the same folder and then run that. It will have a .lnk file extension. I think I made this a single instance application so you won't get multiple copies running when you restart Homeseer.
      Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
        You should be starting the client via Windows startup folder and not via Homeseer (as per the docs).

If you insist on using Homeseer then you need to create a Windows Shortcut to the exe in the same folder and then run that. It will have a .lnk file extension. I think I made this a single instance application so you won't get multiple copies running when you restart Homeseer.
        But I don't want the server open on my network to all users hence keeping it password protected.

But your saying a shortcut would overcome this via the startup.vb?

Comment

Yes
          Jon

Comment

Thank you!

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
            Yes
            Why oh why did i overlook the power of an .lnk extension i actually read about it on the forum in various places yet chose to ignore it

You are indeed correct it works a treat alongside your Jon00Blue PI which might i add it a lovely addition to my now extremely stable setup!

Thank you kind sir!

Comment

New Galaxy Note 9. Neither Bluetooth nor WiFi stay awake when the phone goes into sleep mode. I have searched for a resolution on this in the Galaxy Forums to no avail. I think on the last Android update Samsung changed the sleep mode on WiFI to turn off even if you tell it not to. With the Note 9 there isn't even a setting anymore to tell it to stay awake.

So now my question is what other automated methods are their for presences at my HomeSeer location? I know I can do the button on the HS Touch but the WAF will be -0 on that.

Comment

HS4.1.7.0
                Jon00 Bluetooth Proximity Detector ver. 1.0.3.1

The virtual device that was created for the Bluetooth in the e-Golf doesn't seem to have the following set up in the 'status graphics' tab

0 = Away 1 = Home 2 = Unknown

Click image for larger version  Name:	BT Virtual device.PNG Views:	0 Size:	22.8 KB ID:	1421608
                Click image for larger version

Name:	BT Virtual device2.PNG
Views:	186
Size:	40.9 KB
ID:	1421611

Jon00Blue.ini

[Device1]
                ID=75750045370761
                Name=VW-E-Golf
                Awaytrigger=180
                Eventaway="Borte"
                Eventhome="Hjemme"
                Runscript=
                Discoveryfontcolor=
                Clientlist=
                IPaddress=
                Macaddress=
                Wifiawaytrigger=180

Any idea what might be causing it?

Comment

It does not use status graphics - just device string which includes the graphic.
                  Jon

Comment

I used your Device Viewer utility for finding status for the device string value (Home = 1 and Away = 0).

Status web page
                    http://xx.xx.xx.xx/Jon00Bluelog.aspx

Then I am using Easy Trigger for Triggers/Conditions based on device's string for setup up events for opening and closing the garage door.

Name:	EasyTriggerstringevent.PNG
Views:	174
Size:	79.8 KB
ID:	1422218

Thanks again for your help.

Comment

Why are you using device string? You should be using device value via the standard HS triggers.
                      Jon

Comment

Because the Bluetooth VW E-Golf device do not have the device value set to 0 = Away or Home =1. Is this a HS4 issue?

Name:	devicevalue.PNG
Views:	180
Size:	324.9 KB
ID:	1422239

Comment

No, like several aspects of HS4, it is not very intuitive.

Click on the (Enter a custom value or value range) then change the start value and end values to 1 (for Home) or 0 (for Away) and save. Job done!
                          Jon

Comment

This was new to me. Thanks again for your help.

Name:	TriggerBTvalue.PNG
Views:	163
Size:	44.7 KB
ID:	1422272

Comment

Hi Jon,

I have installed the Bluetooth script on a new server with HS4 and it is all working much better than the last time I tried on HS3 but I think this is down to the Bluetooth receiver I am using.
                              My problem is on the HS4 interface the BT Discovery device is not loading the image and I am getting lots of errors in the log that appear to be slowing the system. The error is:
                              Code:
                              Warning File does not exist: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS4\html\images\devices\jon00\bluetooth\bluetoothup.png" border="0"><\a> <span style="font-weight:bold; white-space: nowrap; color:Red">Homeseer<\span><span> - Polling: 7s<\span><br \><span>Updated: 28\09\20 20:51:20<\span><br \><span style="white-space: nowrap;"><span title="Greigs Phone" style="white-space: nowrap; ">28\09\20 20:10:00<\span><span title="Greigs Phone" style="white-space: nowrap; color:;">  ID:237861556986508<\span><span title="Greig
                              28/09/2020 20:51:14 HomeSeer
                              I can confirm that the file is located in C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS4\html\images\devices\jon00\bluetooth\bluetoothup.png and this loads in the browser without all the other HTML but there is something in there that is causing this error.

Would you have any Ideas?

Any help is much appreciated.

Greig.

Edit: I should have said this displays fine in the old HS3 interface in HS4. Image Added.

Name:	bluetooth.PNG
Views:	222
Size:	57.3 KB
ID:	1422635
                              Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
                              X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
                              Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
                              Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
                              Scripts =
                              Various

Comment

Originally posted by enigmatheatre View Post
                                Hi Jon,

I have installed the Bluetooth script on a new server with HS4 and it is all working much better than the last time I tried on HS3 but I think this is down to the Bluetooth receiver I am using.
                                My problem is on the HS4 interface the BT Discovery device is not loading the image and I am getting lots of errors in the log that appear to be slowing the system. The error is:
                                Code:
                                Warning File does not exist: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS4\html\images\devices\jon00\bluetooth\bluetoothup.png" border="0"><\a> <span style="font-weight:bold; white-space: nowrap; color:Red">Homeseer<\span><span> - Polling: 7s<\span><br \><span>Updated: 28\09\20 20:51:20<\span><br \><span style="white-space: nowrap;"><span title="Greigs Phone" style="white-space: nowrap; ">28\09\20 20:10:00<\span><span title="Greigs Phone" style="white-space: nowrap; color:;"> ID:237861556986508<\span><span title="Greig
                                28/09/2020 20:51:14 HomeSeer
                                I can confirm that the file is located in C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS4\html\images\devices\jon00\bluetooth\bluetoothup.png and this loads in the browser without all the other HTML but there is something in there that is causing this error.

Would you have any Ideas?

Any help is much appreciated.

Greig.

Edit: I should have said this displays fine in the old HS3 interface in HS4. Image Added.

Name:	bluetooth.PNG
Views:	222
Size:	57.3 KB
ID:	1422635
                                I have not tested this on HS4 but the issue highlighted has been present on others that I have tested and an easy fix. I'll try and get around to this later in the week.
                                Jon

Comment

Working...
                                X