Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ztool 1.0.0.2, wn7 64, smartstick, help.... please...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ztool 1.0.0.2, wn7 64, smartstick, help.... please...

old computer, windows xp, ztools 1.0, smartstick, ran ok
    (or else WDusb-10)

machine died, have windows 7 64 bit, HP machine.
    dow loaded ztools 1.0.0.2, installled it, tried to initialize, got

EDRROR
    (Init/sync) initiallizing zwave interface, could not communicate with the interface to get the version

HELP, please, as this is how I install any modules (although I don't hvae many to install)

HomeSeer Basic DOES COMMUNICATE with the usb stick with no problem.

any assistance appreciated.
    nick

help, any assistance with this/

to anyone, any assistance with this, no replies noted, does anyone have any ideas?
    thansk
    Nick

Comment

Have you tried talking to Aeon Labs? It seems to be something to do with your new system / OS and the stick. I just went to W7 64 and there were things I had to watch out for / didn't work.
      Paul

Comment

do they have a web site?
        I think my stick is the wayne dalton smartstick....

I can go search, but since this stick works with HOmeseer basic, communicates with it, I did not think it would be a stick issue.

(just recently got the HOmeseer TWO upgrade, but instaled it this morning, license key did not work, I've emailed sales for help....

nick

Comment

I'm afraid I can only offer general help as I don't know zwave from the back end of the moon. If general problem solving could help where you're at I wanted to try that.

Aeon labs popped in my head for this device but I could be wrong. Usually something in the drivers (ztool) will give the OEM away, text file, properites on a DLL, INI or other system file.

My guess is that homeseer is simply integrating the product.

It seems odd that the device is presenting a com port for HS to see, but the opem config doesn't see. This is a long shot, but I know when my insteon system is connected to Homeseer, I can't use the tools from the OEM. I have to disable the Insteon plugin or shut down homeseer to free up the com port.
          Paul
          Paul

Comment

Working...
          X