No announcement yet.

Jon00 Performance Monitor V2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't know what you have done. Did you change any settings in the ini file?

I would suggest that you re-download and use the default settings in the ini file. Just add the devicecode entries for the moment.
    Jon

Comment

I think I checked the wrong box in Events... Where is the run once box ?
      I think it just keeps getting bigger and bigger because it is running over and over
      Ubuntu on the Intel NUC ( 8i5BEK ), 32 G, 250G SSD, V4 Pro 😎

Comment

What event are you talking about? The new version does not need any event/script run as this is done directly by the new exe.
        Jon

Comment

I thought I read that I needed to add two events, one for mon one for perf..manually triggers every minute..
          I disabled and are re-starting...

Comment

turned off the triggers... problems are gone

Comment

V2.0.2 released

Version 2.0.2 has been released to correct an issue when restarting Homeseer and the plugin not shutting down in time.

There are no other changes to functionality.
              Jon

Comment

Hi, Jon
                a few minutes before I wanted to install your version 2.0.2.
                My anti virus program (Avira) shows me that there is a virus or an unliked program
                TR/Dropper,MSil.Gen2.
                What's this ?

I'm afraid to install.

Regards, Fischi

Comment

I would say it is a false positive.

I scanned it here and it came back clean. I don't write viruses!
                  Jon

Comment

Jon, can the graphics from your performance devices somehow be shown in HSTouch. I tried using the device image but it seems not to show up.

Comment

The graph is not a single image (it is made up of multiple images). Most people use my HTML to image utility to display the graphs in HSTouch.
                      Jon

Comment

Error message

Hi Jon
                        I believe I followed the instructions, but my devices were not created. I originally had a similar issue that was reported before about user and password names. I followed the solution presented above.
                        I get this message in the error log file:
                        3/25/2013 11:03:12 PM Error within Form1_Load (Object reference not set to an instance of an object.)
                        Any thoughts?
                        Thanks
                        Jono

Comment

Can you give me some more details. Before you added your own username/password what happened when you started Homeseer?

When you added the username/password, did the username have admin privileges within HS?
                          Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
                            Can you give me some more details. Before you added your own username/password what happened when you started Homeseer?

When you added the username/password, did the username have admin privileges within HS?
                            Before adding my own username and password I got the same message that Antoon reported around post number 8 on this thread. I also got a pop up message about whether a program should run and I believe I said "yes".

The username password I used did not have admin priviledges, so I just this moment replaced it with my admin level user and password. Still nothing appears.

I should also note that when I click on the .exe, nothing appears to happen in the log or anywhere else.

Lastly, I was hoping the error "Error within Form1_Load" would give a hint, but perhaps not.

I'm running Windows 7, HS 2.5.0.60. and AVG (which I have disabled to see if it had any effect, which it did not). Thanks for any insights you might have.

Comment

Can you confirm that you have installed the exe in the same directory as Homeseer.exe?

Look in the same directory for the file Jon00PerfMonV2Errorlog.txt. If that exists does that give any clues?

Using task manager, can you see if Jon00PerfMonHS2.exe is running as a process?
                              Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
                                Can you confirm that you have installed the exe in the same directory as Homeseer.exe?

Look in the same directory for the file Jon00PerfMonV2Errorlog.txt. If that exists does that give any clues?

Using task manager, can you see if Jon00PerfMonHS2.exe is running as a process?
                                Yes on same directory.
                                Errorlog.txt is where I got the original error message. Here is the whole log:
                                3/25/2013 10:08:48 PM Jon00 Performance Monitor V2
                                3/25/2013 10:08:48 PM Error within Form1_Load (Object reference not set to an instance of an object.)
                                3/25/2013 11:03:12 PM Error within Form1_Load (Object reference not set to an instance of an object.)

Task manager does show Jon00PerfMonHS2.exe running as a process. Which I guess is a good sign.

Also showing the first entry in my config file in case that helps:
                                [Settings]
                                CPUSamples = 950
                                TimeRef=5
                                LogRuntime=1

[System Committed Memory]
                                Devicecode =X1
                                DeviceName = "System Committed Memory"
                                GraphBGColor = "#5E697A"
                                GraphGif = "Red.gif"
                                ShowLowHighValues = 1
                                ShowAverageValue = 0
                                AverageRange =3