Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jon00 WiFi LED Lamp Controller (Limitless MiLight EasyBulb)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multi Zone RGBW strip wifi controller

Hi Jon00,

I have been trying to find a solution to controlling rgbw strips with HS at a low(er cost than fibo) and this wifi setup seems so be a possible solution

However I will have many RGBW strips controlled independlly in 'zones'.
    I have purchased this product:

http://www.ecolocityled.com/product/...d_light_dimmer

It is great for controlling many receivers with the one remote/app but would love to get it controllable via HomeSeer.
    I thought i'd post here as it seems to be the closest to what I am after.
    It can be used on the home wifi network like your system / plugin.

If your plugin could not interface to this system, what would you recommend? Getting multiple single zone strip controllers?

Cheers.

Comment

It is not compatible.

How many zones are you talking about? Although the MiLight solution only has 4 zones, several people have been running more than one bridge to increase this capacity.
      Jon

Comment

PWM?

Wow these mi lights look great, cheap and controllable via homeseer. Also lots of support as they seem to be common.

I would use 2 or 3 wifi gateways to get the number of zones I need. Any idea if this would not work?

I understand each wifi gateway is able to control 4 (RF) zones, but would 2+ wifi gateways be able to collectively control more then 4 (RF) zones? ie. do more then 4 RF zones exist and they would not interfere?

I would be using the strip controller for strips, but I also have existing COB (chip on board) LED down lights (single color) being dimmed via PWM (pulse width modulation) technique. I am also looking for a way to control these down lights via Homeseer.

Do you know if the milight strip controllers use PWM or (analogue) constant current dimming?

Just wondering if I could hook up my existing downlights to be controlled by a single color mi light led strip controller

Comment

Running more than 4 zones may be just down to positioning of the WiFi controllers. This guy states he has 8 zones running.

I'm not sure I can help with the strips as I only use the RGBW lamps.
          Jon

Comment

All still working here. Bulbs and led strips.
            Can't help with the pwm question as im not sure exactly what that means, but if you can advise further I could investigate a bit. I have a spare strip controller on the workbench atm.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Comment

hi Jon,

i am testing this script again.

i created a loop that it turns the brightness up every few seconds , i notices that it doesnt go so smooth , like if i use the mouse on the brightness from you application it goes very well , but there also is an issue , when it reach brightness 11 its dim again.. and 12 goes normal till 16

mabe thats the problem ,

regards
              Preferred -> Jon's Plugins, Pushover, Phlocation, Easy-trigger,
              Rfxcom, Blade Plugins, Pushbullet, homekit, Malosa Scripts

HS3Pro 4.1.14.0 on windows 10 enterprise X64 on hp quadcore laptop 8 GB.

Comment

How are you doing this loop?
                Jon

Comment

like this , but nr 11 is broken

(2,0,b+)16 | (2,0,onmax)

with color white

just put your brightness to 11 , you see its dimmed minimum

Comment

You have not given it any delay. Try:

(2,5,b+)16 | (2,0,onmax)

If that does not work try:

(2,5,b1)*(2,5,b2)*(2,5,b3)*(2,5,b4)*(2,5,b5)*(2,5,b6)*(2,5,b 7)*(2,5,b8)*(2,5,b9)*(2,5,b10)*(2,5,b11)*(2,5,b12)*(2,5,b13) *(2,5,b14)*(2,5,b15)*(2,5,b16)*(2,5,b17)
                    Jon

Comment

the first one works , bot sometime it goes into full dim and then back again with increasing..

normal nr 17 is full brightness , that doesn't work also
                      nr 11 also when i set it to nr 11 it goes full dim

the second one doesnt work correctly..

regards

Comment

Using the GUI, find out how many brightness steps your lamp has (from minimum)
                        Jon

Comment

it has 18 starting from 0

Comment

So does this work:

PHP Code:
                            (2,0,onminw)*(2,5,b1)*(2,5,b2)*(2,5,b3)*(2,5,b4)*(2,5,b5)*(2,5,b6)*(2,5,b 7)*(2,5,b8)*(2,5,b9)*(2,5,b10)*(2,5,b11)*(2,5,b12)*(2,5,b13)*(2,5,b14)*(2,5,b15)*(2,5,b16)*(2,5,b17)*(2,5,onmaxw
                            Jon

Comment

works better now ,

i really don't know what the problem is ... i think its the receiver/sender..

but it works ok now

many thanks

Comment

A question / feature request.

When the clients first connect up to the MiLight boxes (say after a system restart) when the connection is first established, it turns all the lights off.

im guessing this is part of a initializing command - or a way of ensuring the virtual devices are in-line with what the bulbs are actually doing - due to no status from the bulbs.

The issue i have is Windows 10 (grr) is now restarting my PC as it sees fit, and so i find that lights are being switched off when the system comes back up. Usually 2am which is fine - but yesterday it managed it at 8ish and without going into detail caused a few issues....

Is there any chance of adding in say a Production=1 flag into the settings so this behavior is dropped? I get that its quite useful to know the command succeeded when first setting this stuff up - but in production - only me or another human should be able to turn lights off.

Comment

Working...
                                X