HS3 Vista Alarm plugin v3.0.0.10 Release

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS3 Vista Alarm plugin v3.0.0.10 Release

This is the first HS3 Release which has all the functionality available in HS2. You will get a 30 day trial before a license is required. You may purchase a license from the HS Store at the following link:

http://store.homeseer.com/store/MNSa...P1738C282.aspx

Known Issues
    - This is not Linux compatible or tested.
    - No plugin specific Conditions. Use HS device conditions which will provide the same functionality.
    - The Firmware Uploader is still experimental here. use the nutech.com tools for now.

Fixes:
    - "Do not log messages" Option for RF Devices (3.0.0.9)
    - partition status change fires device value trigger (3.0.0.10)
    Notes and Comments:

1. You must start from scratch. Nothing will be transferred from your HS2 setup.

2. Please reply to this thread with all comments and errors. I need repeatable steps so i can duplicate the error in order to fix it.

To Install:
    1. Shutdown HS3
    2. Extract the zip contents to the Homeseer 3 folder.
    The contents should end up in their respective folders. HSPI_VistaAlarm.exe and FTD2XX.dll in the homeseer 3 folder, and everything else in the proper html subfolder based on the Path in the zip folder.
    4. Restart HS3 and goto to the Manage Plugin page
    5. Enable the plugin and set the Com Port to your AD2USB port
    6. Restart HS3 again if necessary
    7. You will need to enable the Monitor (address Vista 1) to get things rolling.

Setup:
    1. Once the plugin is running it will create 6 new devices. You can always delete them and restart HS3 to have them recreated.
    2. Configure your Partitions as before. You need to know the panel address typically 16 for a 20p. Check your panel programming if you are unsure.
    3. Add your zones and RF devices as necessary
    4. Test and report back to this thread

If you enabled Developer Mode on the Plugin Manage page, you will get a command window that will display the AD2USB messages. this might help with debugging or at least let you know the plugin is seeing panel msgs.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by mnsandler; September 24, 2014, 12:45 PM.
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Nice, Downloaded and installed.

Will test and report any issues. Let me know when this is available for purchase.

Thanks

Comment

Downloaded and installed.
      By the way, did you fix the bypass issues I reported earlier, so I can retest?
      Dirk

Comment

Originally posted by dcorsus View Post
        Downloaded and installed.
        By the way, did you fix the bypass issues I reported earlier, so I can retest?
        Dirk
        i think so, but can't remember exactly at the moment.

do a quick test and if its not fixed, please point me back to your original email
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

My Partition 1 bypass all isn't working as an action through HStouch. I get this
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by skarragallagher View Post
            My Partition 1 bypass all isn't working as an action through HStouch. I get this
            i'll check this out once HST posts their latest hstouch plugin
            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Cool, I think they just did

Comment

It's not listed in the forum but the HS3 updater notified me of an update (.18)this a couple of hours ago

Comment

can you tell me how you have this setup in hstouch? is it just a button that runs an event that calls the bypass all routine

what does your call back into the plugin look like
                  Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

I guess I could trigger an event. Here is how I have it setup in HS2 and HS3

Also I am still having issues with device status not being updated in HStouch. I am thinking this is a bug though in HS3 as there have been some chatter about this recently. Hopefully in the next client version this will be fixed.

Do you test with HStouch and android? just wondering if you have similar issues. Like for instance my alarm icon and my status text (which both map to partition 1 status device) doesn't dynamically update. I have to forcefully reconnect the client by selecting my server and then even still have change a screen before it works.

Like I said I think this is more a bug with Hstouch client /server
                    Attached Files

Comment

I guess I could trigger an event. Here is how I have it setup in HS2 and HS3

Also I am still having issues with device status not being updated in HStouch. I am thinking this is a bug though in HS3 as there have been some chatter about this recently. Hopefully in the next client version this will be fixed.

Do you test with HStouch and android? just wondering if you have similar issues. Like for instance my alarm icon and my status text (which both map to partition 1 status device) doesn't dynamically update. I have to forcefully reconnect the client by selecting my server and then even still have change a screen before it works.

Like I said I think this is more a bug with Hstouch client /server
                      I got a regular bypass for a single zone to work via a hstouch client button. the bypass all didn't work but it didn't work directly in Putty either. i don't think i have Quick Bypass enabled on my vista 20p.

it suppose to send [code]+6# which i confirmed.

try a different device button to verify hstouch is working and then determine why quick bypass isn't working.
                      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

I am sure my alarm has "quick bypass" or bypass all enabled as I use it in my production HS2 environment.

Could you elaborate on what you mean by this
                        try a different device button to verify hstouch is working and then determine why quick bypass isn't working

Comment

how about testing a regular 'bypass' btn from a zone device via hstouch. this worked for me.

do you have a vista 20p? then test bypass all via putty using [code]+6# where [code] is your pin
                          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

interestingly enough it works now. Only though after changing the button and reassigning the action in HSTouch. I am going to chalk this one up to issues with the Designer, Server plugin, or client.

They just release another server plugin. I will give that a try, hopefully the device status and icons start updating properly. That is a deal breaker for me on transitioning to HS3
                            Last edited by skarragallagher; February 14, 2014, 03:04 PM.

Comment

I have the Vista20p

Can you tell me in your HStouch if your text/image updates when you arm/disarm the alarm. It takes me having to either restart the client or reconnect to the server and then switch screens before the update takes place

It seems all of my other devices update status properly (except the most important one!... my alarm ones).

Trying to determine what is different between your partition 1 and system status devices that have them not updating. Or figure out if it is just me

Comment

Working...
                              X