Jon00 Disk Monitor for Homeseer 3 & Homeseer 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Jon,

I am having a strange issue with the DriveMonitor. I have it set up to monitor a number of local drives (e.g. on my HS3 Server) as well as a number of client drives as well.

The client drives are set up, and it picks up the C drive (although the C drive is reporting as 1445.94 gb of 2767 gb (which might be the total of all drives on the machine, but C drive is 232gb in size.

The other 3 drives I have, (2 external HDD,s: 1 x 1tb, 1 x ~600gb, and 1 mapped drive (NAS): ~ 2.4tb) dont show up and I get the following error (below), what is interesting is that the RCCNM works fine ( I did a test turning the monitor off and it worked perfectly):

Nov-02 11:53:27 AM Jon00_DiskMon Error - Cannot obtain drive data from remote client
    Nov-02 11:53:19 AM Jon00_DiskMon Error - Cannot obtain drive data from remote client
    Nov-02 11:53:10 AM Jon00_DiskMon Error - Cannot obtain drive data from remote client
    Nov-02 11:53:10 AM Error A call was made to save a global variable (Jon00RCCNMPort8840) but that global variable has not been defined.
    Nov-02 11:53:10 AM Warning A call was made to retrieve a global variable (Jon00RCCNMPort8840) but that global variable has not been defined.
    Nov-02 11:53:09 AM Jon00_DiskMon Error - Cannot obtain drive data from remote client
    Nov-02 11:53:09 AM Error A call was made to save a global variable (Jon00RCCNMPort8840) but that global variable has not been defined.
    Nov-02 11:53:09 AM Warning A call was made to retrieve a global variable (Jon00RCCNMPort8840) but that global variable has not been defined.
    Nov-02 11:53:07 AM Jon00_DiskMon Error - Cannot obtain drive data from remote client
    Nov-02 11:53:07 AM Error A call was made to save a global variable (Jon00RCCNMPort8888) but that global variable has not been defined.
    Nov-02 11:53:07 AM Warning A call was made to retrieve a global variable (Jon00RCCNMPort8888) but that global variable has not been defined.

Many Thanks!
    HS3 PRO, Win10, WeatherXML, HSTouch, Pushover, UltraGCIR, Heaps of Jon00 Plugins, Just sold and about to move so very slim system.

Facebook | Twitter | Flickr | Google+ | Website | YouTube

Comment

Travis,

You may not be on the very latest version of RCCNM which should stop the global variable issue. Just replace the main scripts. You may get the other error if it takes too long to obtain the information it requires.

I'm not sure on why things are being reported incorrectly as I use a standard Windows call for this information.
      Jon

Comment

Thanks Jon,

I will check the version of the Jon00RCCNM and see what is going on.

Many Thanks!
        HS3 PRO, Win10, WeatherXML, HSTouch, Pushover, UltraGCIR, Heaps of Jon00 Plugins, Just sold and about to move so very slim system.

Comment

Hi Jon,

I tried the latest version of the RCCNM and that has fixed the error referring to the global variables. I am wondering if it is possible to extend the timeout. The reason I ask is that the RCCNM can control the clients fine (I did a test with the monitor ON / OFF) and that works fine, however the disk metrics are not all being pushed across.

Are there known issues with external USB HDD's or Network Share Drives? These are the ones that it seems to not be liking too much.

Comment

Originally posted by travisdh View Post
            Are there known issues with external USB HDD's or Network Share Drives? These are the ones that it seems to not be liking too much.
            Hi Travis,

I use it to check a couple of network shares and have not had any issues with it.

Cheers
            Al
            HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
            Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Originally posted by travisdh View Post

Is this referring to your local Homeseer server or via RCCNM?

Like Sparkman, I have no issues with reading drives on any Windows PC on my network using RCCNM.
              Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
                Is this referring to your local Homeseer server or via RCCNM?

Like Sparkman, I have no issues with reading drives on any Windows PC on my network using RCCNM.
                I have a couple of drives mapped from my HS server to a QNAP NAS, so not running RCCNM on them and the drive monitor sees the space properly on those as well.

Cheers
                Al
                HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
                Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Thanks Guys,

This is using Jon00RCCNM client on my study machine, to try and read the size two external HDD's (Always the same static drive letter), and also a NAS drive but for some reason they always error up and have never shown up under the DriveMonitor location. All of the physical windows drives (e.g. C show up fine, but on this machine the External drives don't show up .

Comment

Travis,

Try and map the external drives to the same PC. Does that work?
                    Jon

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions, I redid the config file and started again and from what I can tell it has fixed the issues.

Thanks Jon .

Comment

Hi Jon

Please can you help me out, I am struggling with the remote networking aspect..

NAS
                        I have a QNAP NAS - it has 4 HDDs and 10 directories; tv shows/movies/music/etc
                        They are however merged into one large storage pool with RAID5.

With this plugin,
                        can I monitor these individual HDD's?
                        If not can I monitor the folders and if so do I need to map a network drive (on my HSServer Windows) or just use a file share address (on my HSServer Windows)?
                        And which number would I put them under 1,2,3, or 102,102,103

Networked Computers
                        I also have a windows 10 laptop and pc separate from my HS3 server.
                        How would I monitor the C:\ Drives of these -
                        I am not really sure I understand what RCCNM is - how do I use it?
                        Can you provide a very brief guide of what I need to do in Windows10?

Thank you

Comment

For the NAS, provided you can map the drives or folders in Windows, they will appear as drive letters on your system. These will then be detected like the other drives on your PC.

RCCNM stands for Remote Computer Control & Network Monitor. Details here. The client used for this package enables you to obtain the drive parameters remotely.
                          Jon

Comment

Hello

I have mapped my
                            docs f:
                            films g:
                            audio h:

All of which do not display a size.
                            But all say the remainder is:
                            4.82TB of 14.2TB

Is this correct for NAS to do this?
                            I guess as my pool had folders on it called docs, films and audio - a mapped drive wont show the size?
                            Or is this some networking setting I need to set?

I am happy with this but would have been nice have the individual folder sizes?

Thank you for any help, I understand this is outside the scope of the plugin.

In fact belay the above, mapped drives do not show unlike Sparkman.
                            I wonder if our INI's are different?
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by smokeycoles; July 9, 2016, 05:24 PM.

Comment

Can you provide a screenshot of your drives in MyComputer?
                              Jon

Comment

This is the my computer from the HS3 running laptop.
                                All 7 drives are accessible from Windows and the two shared folders.
                                The black boxes are IP addresses or emails.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X