Setting Jasco 12724 variable dim rate?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Setting Jasco 12724 variable dim rate?

I have a bunch of older GE/Jasco Dimmers, both 3 way and single switch. Using HS2, I was able to alter the dimming rate on these, for both manual control and remote control. A useful feature.

I just added a few newer 12724 switches and I am unable to figure out how to alter the dim rate in HS2. Its just not there.

I have HS3, been putting off the migration, but I figured maybe it would be doable from the newer software. But no, all I see are LED and switch reverse options. Even worse, I don't see the dim rate options for the old switches in HS3. Is it somewhere other than the settings page with the LED options?

Thanks

You should be able to manually adjust the parameters that control this using the fields at the bottom of the settings section. Parameters 7 and 8 are what most GE switches use to control the ramp rate. You can retrieve the existing values by selecting the parameter number and then clicking set. Here's one GE manual that provides the parameters: http://www.zwaveproducts.com/product...ser-Manual.pdf. I couldn't find one specific to your switch, but I believe most Jasco/GE switches are the same.

Cheers
    Al
    HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
    Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Yeah, setting #9 and 10 handle the dim rate for manual control which is what I was looking for. Presumably 7 & 8 will do the same for remote commands. Thanks

Too bad HS3 doesn't directly support these parameters the way HS2 did. I have a few lights I speed up for a Halloween lightning display. Going to take some extra effort to reconfig those each year.

I do like the way HS3 supports saving the name and location information in these new switches.

Comment

With HS3, you can now set parameters through events, so you could create a few events to handle the different scenarios and run those as needed.

Cheers
        Al
        HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
        Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Working...
        X