No announcement yet.

Jon00 Dashboard for Homeseer 3 & Homeseer 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you. It's my very first HSTouch screen and kind of a POC testing the features out. I will add more screens to control and present different areas of the home later on. The hard part is to decide what things you want to see at a glance and what should be moved to other screens.

Comment

Originally posted by Freddan101 View Post
      Is it possible to add something else than text (or current value) to "Title" and "Title1", like a device string?
      Originally posted by Freddan101 View Post
      I'm keeping track om daily high/low using virtual devices. If it would had been possible to send a device string or such I could have passed the info this way. But the gauge might had been too crowded anyway. Less is more.

A thought I got was to keep dashed lines marking High and Low, but I understand you are limited to the API you're using so this was just an idea.
      As promised, I'm back on this one and have just added replacement variables!
      Jon

Comment

Hi Jon, loving this gem, and don't know how I missed it previously. I'd like add a gauge/meter that has an "optimal" green band and then shows yellow/red for values above and below that optimal value. I can get it to work for the "high" side, using redStart & YellowStart, but not for both sides.

I've had a look though the rgraph documentation but can't seem to find a match either. Your thoughts?

-- Edit --

A bit more reading reveals I could use a meter and use custom colours to do this:

obj.set('colors.ranges', [[0, 60, 'red'],[60, 80 'yellow'],[80, 100, 'green'].[100, 120, 'yellow'],[120, 180, 'red']]);

I'm just not sure how to implement this with your user options INI settings.
        Last edited by beerygaz; May 15, 2017, 07:29 AM.
        Author of Highpeak Plugins | SMS-Gateway Plugin | Blue Iris Plugin | Paradox (Beta) Plugin | Modbus Plugin | Yamaha Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by beerygaz View Post
          Hi Jon, loving this gem, and don't know how I missed it previously. I'd like add a gauge/meter that has an "optimal" green band and then shows yellow/red for values above and below that optimal value. I can get it to work for the "high" side, using redStart & YellowStart, but not for both sides.

I've had a look though the rgraph documentation but can't seem to find a match either. Your thoughts?

-- Edit --

A bit more reading reveals I could use a meter and use custom colours to do this:

obj.set('colors.ranges', [[0, 60, 'red'],[60, 80 'yellow'],[80, 100, 'green'].[100, 120, 'yellow'],[120, 180, 'red']]);

I'm just not sure how to implement this with your user options INI settings.
          Find a spare number in the options.ini (example No 20) and add the following:

20=colorsRanges: [[0, 60, 'red'],[60, 80, 'yellow'],[80, 100, 'green'],[100, 120, 'yellow'],[120, 180, 'red']],
          Jon

Comment

Hi Jon,

Thanks for another great addition to Homeseer, I have set up the dashboard and am trying to tie it with your SNMP to get a 'network at a glance' style page which is pulling the SNMP stats from my WAN link, some network infrastructure, and then displaying it as a gauge with two needles (one for upload, other for download bandwidth).

Apologies if I have missed it, but how do I change the colour of the arrows, so that I can specify Data1 to be Blue, and Data2 to be Red?

If it helps, below is the code for my WAN. I have a multiplier of 2.5 on the UL side as I wanted to normalise this to percentage of link essentially since it is a 100/40 link;

Code:
            [Device1]
            Timer=0
            CreateVD=1
            DataMode=0
            Data1=$dvr:1252
            Data1Multiplier=2.5
            Data2=$dvr:1249
            Data2Multiplier=
            Name=WAN Bandwidth
            Title=WAN
            Title1=%, R = UL, O = DL
            Width=270
            Height=270
            MinValue=0
            MaxValue=100
            Type=1
            Options=226+304+275
            Effects=2
            CreatePng=1
            Many Thanks!
            HS3 PRO, Win10, WeatherXML, HSTouch, Pushover, UltraGCIR, Heaps of Jon00 Plugins, Just sold and about to move so very slim system.

Facebook | Twitter | Flickr | Google+ | Website | YouTube

Comment

Hi Travis,

Open up Jon00DashBoardOptions.ini and find a spare entry under the Needle section (701-800); lets say 720

Add the following to this number:

720=needleColors: ['Blue','Red'],

Finally in your Options as you defined add 720 to the list i.e.

Options=226+304+275+720

Hopefully on the next update, the needles will change colour!

I would be interested to see your dashboard once completed!
              Jon

Comment

Thanks for your help Jon, that worked a treat. I am still building up the dashboard and at the moment really only using the web interface but for me at the moment it works well.

I have internet problems every now and then, so I wanted a way to have a look at how my internet connection was running, and was there a reason why the internet might be slow.

To do this I used your SNMP plugin which polls my DDWRT router to get the WAN upload and download mb/s speeds and puts them into a device. I then use your Dashboard plugin to poll those devices and chart them accordingly.

I went a bit different with the scale though, even though the scale is 0 - 100, I actually normalised the values to percent. So, in this case, the image below shows I am using about 10% of the available upload bandwidth (theoretical) and not really using any download bandwidth.

I also have something similar for my NAS just to keep an eye on it, but the reality is I don't use that nearly as much. In the future I would love to change my network router to use one which has VLAN port capability, I would then connect each WIFI access point (which are not SNMP capable) to these VLANS and monitor the usage using DDWRT VLAN SNMP but my DDWRT router does not support port based VLAN which is a shame.

I don't really need to monitor wifi usage, but another one of those things that would be nice to monitor vs actually needing to monitor it lol...
                Attached Files
                HS3 PRO, Win10, WeatherXML, HSTouch, Pushover, UltraGCIR, Heaps of Jon00 Plugins, Just sold and about to move so very slim system.

Facebook | Twitter | Flickr | Google+ | Website | YouTube

Comment

Hi Jon, simple one. Is there a way to get the "degree" symbol in a title/ttile1 field? I've tried the ALT-248 option and the '°' option, both to no avail.
                  Author of Highpeak Plugins | SMS-Gateway Plugin | Blue Iris Plugin | Paradox (Beta) Plugin | Modbus Plugin | Yamaha Plugin

Comment

Open up Jon00Dashboard.ini in Notepad++ and under encoding, select 'Encode to UTF-8' and then save.

Finally use the actual degree symbol in the ini file text.
                    Jon

Comment

Worked like a charm, thanks Jon.

Comment

Dead Page

Howdy

Trying to access this page to use these great looking gauges.. However when I get to the page I get a blank page ?

Many THanks

Comment

PNG use in HSTouch

When using HSTouch client (Android) to use the png option do you use the imageurlnormal property or the Device Image option. ?

Device Image option doesnt give the PNG just a static generic image.

imageurlnormal is going to be a problem as I dont want to expose the HS3 server externally so am using myhs..

Cheers !

Comment

Due to HSTouch caching images, you will need to use the method to display them as detailed in the docs.
                            Jon

Comment

OK - so I'm suffering with the same problem reported before - empty .png files.

HS3 is running as Admin, file structure has modify for all users

.html files are being created OK (viewable in the dashboard and a browser)
                              .png are being created - same timestamp as the .html - but they are empty.

wkhtmltoimage is being called frequently

Dashboard is V 1.0.2

The gauges look fabulous - I just cant access them as a .png..

Any suggestions on how to get the .png files populated ?

Thanks !!

Comment

Terminate the plugin and then create a shortcut to the exe. Set that shortcut to run as an administrator and run it. Any change?
                                Jon

Comment

Working...
                                X