www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > Camera Plug-ins > Camera Discussion > HomeSeer NetCam Plug-in

HomeSeer NetCam Plug-in The NetCam plugin provides access to network based cameras.

Old July 11th, 2016, 01:36 PM
Super Seer

Why is NetCam so slow

I donno, is it just me? - this plugin is very slow. In the view menu, it comes up with my 2 cameras, but when I take a picture, it takes like 5 seconds or more to see the image. Then 5-10 seconds if I switch from one camera to the other.
Once the page is up and I see the thumbnails, it is quick to show a larger version. But it's those other actions which bug me and I just don't get why the speed issue... I had the same cameras on HS2 and it was way quicker... :/

Anyone else experiencing this? Is there a better camera solution?

Robert

I still need to restart the plugin periodically as I get:
Jul-10 2:22:33 PM Warning Plugin NetCAM is not responding but it is still running, not restarting yet.

Jul-10 2:22:20 PM Error Event Camera and Motion Take garage pics when motion detected plugin action failed:Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Not sure if it's a HS3 version thing either. I'm on .280 btw
HS3PRO 3.0.0.318 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dot, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.
Old July 11th, 2016, 01:48 PM
OverSeer

Hi Rob,

I switched from the HST Netcam plugin to UltraNetcam a few years ago and haven't looked back. Won't hurt to give it a try.

Cheers
Al
UltraGCIR GC-100|UltraNetcam|UltraPioneer|Ultra1Wire|DSC PC1832|BLLED|BLTVGuide|ImperiHome|jon00 Utilities|MySensors

PHLocation|X10 CM11A IOLinc,etc
Old July 11th, 2016, 02:19 PM
Super Seer

Do either of these options work with RTSP? I have been trying to look for an option to text a pic of the front door when the doorbell is rung.
Old July 11th, 2016, 02:26 PM
OverSeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynehead99 View Post
Do either of these options work with RTSP? I have been trying to look for an option to text a pic of the front door when the doorbell is rung.
Not sure, I don't have an RTSP camera to try it with.

Cheers
Al
Old July 11th, 2016, 02:31 PM
Super Seer

Thanks Al... Another plugin to buy since another native HS plugin doesn't work well. I'm glad I bought the PRO license. The benefits are certainly worth it.

Robert
Old August 30th, 2016, 11:51 PM
Seer Deluxe

Al,

Does UltraNetCam work easily with HS3Touch?

Michael
Old September 1st, 2016, 11:25 PM
OverSeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rvtravlr View Post
Al,

Does UltraNetCam work easily with HS3Touch?

Michael
Hi Michael, I don't use HS Touch so not sure about the integration.

Cheers
Al
Old September 2nd, 2016, 05:10 AM
OverSeer

Here utilize Zoneminder (free) with my Grandstream RTSP cams. ZM converts the RTSP video long math way. That and the Grandstream video can be RTSP or MJPEG. The JPG stills can be any size you want. And with built in SIP you can even do more types of automation.

I can snaphot JPGs or videos from the Grandstream cams (or Zoneminder) and do sometimes. Mostly though using Zoneminder. The front door / driveway triggers scenario uses analog sensors outside. The doorbell ring trigger 3 cam shots of the door bell ringer plus little videos IE: top, side and back videos. You can also get fancy, read a finger print, put it in your own personal DB and AI greet (or venture to the dark side) the door bell ringer. I can get the little videos from ZM or even the cameras these days. The triggers for driveway are different for the house cars than the just a car in the driveway. Well you can get fancy with the cars too by just reading the license plates and record those in a DB and actioning on whatever. (It is mostly up to your imagination these days as hardware and software is cheap). IE put one of those cheapo bluetooth ODB 2 readers and have HS latch on to one as the car pulls in to the driveway (along with RFID). IE: use the RFID to trigger the Bluetooth read if you want.

Automator

HS3 Pro & Lite
Edition Beta 3.0.0.383 | Ubuntu 16.04 64 bit | Oracle Windows Virtual Box

Last edited by Pete; September 2nd, 2016 at 07:56 AM.
Old January 3rd, 2017, 10:57 AM
Viewer

Pete, I have a question for you on Zoneminder. Can you use it to send notifications to Homeseer of motion detection via the camera? I was planning on setting up one of my older laptops running Fedora as part of my HA system in the next couple of weeks and ZM looks like a great solution to manage my cameras.