Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone doing Omnistat automation with plugin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone doing Omnistat automation with plugin?

Over the years here have let the Omnistat do it's own thing and rarely touch the settings. I do leave the HVAC fan on 24/7. I used to use set backs and do not these days. In all of these years (over 10) never have put in automation blocks for the Omnistat in the panel.

Yesterday I tried and noticed that I cannot as there are no options in the PCA automation of the Omnistat.

So went to using Rob's plugin / thermostat pieces and it works great.

Wondering if anyone else is doing this with Rob's plugin?
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

I'm puzzled, as I control my HVAC through both automation in PCA and events in HS using the PI.

An example from PCA. "NIGHT TEMPS" is a button that can be manually activated or set by other automation lines.

41. WHEN NIGHT TEMPS
    THEN ALL THERMOSTATS COOL SETPOINT 76
    42. WHEN NIGHT TEMPS
    THEN MAST BEDROOM COOL SETPOINT 71

Comment

Thank you Tom.

So then how do I automate this?

I want the #1 temp button to be on 24/7 and use if then #2 then do #3.

1 - assign button #1 to temps

2 - when thermostat temperature equals 78

3 - then thermostat cool on.

then another and if:

4 - when thermostat temperature equals 71

5 - then thermostat cool off.

[ATTACH]61332[/ATTACH]
      Last edited by Pete; May 25, 2017, 07:14 AM.
      - Pete

Auto mator
      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
      Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

If I understand correctly, you want to have your thermostats go into cool mode if the temperature exceeds 77, and go into off mode if they drop below 72? IE instead of maintaining 71 you want them to turn on at 78 and off at 71?

Don't use a button as a trigger, as it will only evaluate your thermostats at the moment the button is activated. Instead, write an automation block to evaluate your thermostats every x minutes. Manually set the cool temperature to 71. See 1st photo.

If you want to be able to turn this process on and off, include a flag in an "and if" statement. I called this one "THERMOSTATS". Turn the flag on to start evaluating the thermostat and off to stop (ie use automation to turn the flag on at a certain time of day, or when you disarm the system, etc.) See photo 2.

Do this for each thermostat. You could also use the current temperature of one thermostat to control all, if you wanted (THEN ALL THERMOSTATS TO MODE COOL), but I don't know why you'd do that.

What's going to happen, though, if the flag goes to OFF while the HVAC is cooling? Without the flag on, the cool mode will never be set to off or on. Add automation to the effect of IF THERMOSTATS OFF, THEN DINING ROOM MODE OFF and IF THERMOSTATS ON, THEN DINING ROOM MODE. I've not thought that one through all the way...I'll keep thinking.

If I misunderstood your intent, reword it for me.
        Attached Files

Comment

If I understand correctly, you want to have your thermostats go into cool mode if the temperature exceeds 77, and go into off mode if they drop below 72? IE instead of maintaining 71 you want them to turn on at 78 and off at 71?

yes.

Thank you Tom.

First testing will be first two blocks then later will give the on and off flag feature a try.
          - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

With the flag, you'll need to add a standalone line of automation that says WHEN THERMOSTATS OFF, THEN DINING ROOM MODE OFF. This will stop the HVAC if you set the button to off while cooling. Otherwise it will keep cooling until the room traces the thermostat cooling set point and hold it there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by lakemirror View Post
              With the flag, you'll need to add a standalone line of automation that says WHEN THERMOSTATS OFF, THEN DINING ROOM MODE OFF. This will stop the HVAC if you set the button to off while cooling. Otherwise it will keep cooling until the room traces the thermostat cooling set point and hold it there.

Reaches, not traces.

Comment

Thank you Tom.
                - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Working...
                X