www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > Camera Plug-ins > Camera Discussion > HomeSeer NetCam Plug-in

HomeSeer NetCam Plug-in The NetCam plugin provides access to network based cameras.

Old December 9th, 2013, 06:19 PM
Seer Deluxe

PTZ ip camera in Designer and HSTouch

I'm trying to incorporate a Foscam PTZ into a Designer project used on my iPhone-iPad via HSTouch; where do I start? Do I need to use Netcam, or do I just start from scratch in Designer?
5 CT-100 tstats
Serial IT-100 interface to DSC Panel with 8 wired zones
18 Fortrezz water sensors & two valve controls
Serial Rain8Net Pro with 8 zones
Old December 9th, 2013, 08:26 PM
Seer Deluxe

No image

I found the xml file on the Foscam page in "Products" and followed the readme.txt for installing in a Designer project. When deployed to Windows Client, it works fine. However, when deployed to my iPhone, I see only the directional arrows, but no camera image. Any help?
Old December 9th, 2013, 11:11 PM
Seer Deluxe

Any help, please?

So far, I am responsible for all the postings on this thread. Without any feedback, I'm painfully resolving my questions via test after test; I'd be very grateful for some help. I suspect that my latest obstacle (I'm not getting a foscam image on my iPhone) is because of a third step that Foscam has on their login: after entering user name and password (which is included in my code), one must choose between ActiveX, Server Push or Mobile. Surely someone has encountered this; does anyone know how to insert the code for that selection? If anyone is willing to help, I can supply more detail.

Last edited by Sheriff; December 9th, 2013 at 11:13 PM. Reason: clarification
Old December 10th, 2013, 08:42 AM
OverSeer

PTZ ip camera in Designer and HSTouch

I have an AirSight XX40A PZT camera which is actually a Foscam camera. I am using HS3 and the NetCam plugin. I have experimented a little but I am only capturing still photos. I have not tried anything yet with HSTouch. I use WebCamXP Pro for video from my cameras. Years ago ( before HS Touch) I spent some time trying to get my cameras to display video on a custom Homeseer web page that I created. I was never really successful. And after using multiple cameras for over a year, I decided that I did not need live video. So I am only sending JPEG images to my web page.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Old December 11th, 2013, 10:24 PM
Seer Deluxe

Pleeeeeease...

Thanks Steve for your feedback. I'm still convinced that someone out there knows the answer; I just need to find them... I continue to try stuff, but am stumped. To summarize: Have a Foscam F18910W with a fully accessible ip address. Set up a "Cam" page in designer. Deployed to my PC and to my iPad using the standard URL: http://IP ADDRESS/snapshot.cgi?user=NAME&pwd=PASSWORD. Page opens on my PC and image appears correctly, but the page will not even open on my iPad. I continue to wonder if it might be the third question (following User and Password) on the Foscam login screen "ActiveX, Server Push or Mobile". Since iPad doesn't play with ActiveX, it might be wanting an input that I don't see. Any help?
Old December 24th, 2013, 02:08 AM
Seer Deluxe

same prob

Exact same problem on Android 4.2.2.
Cant get video feed other than using auxiliary HTML generated page but that makes the controls unusable.

Hstouch as so much potential, sadly, it has been a very buggy software since the begining on android and ios systems.

http://domobec.com
http://boutique.domobec.com
Old December 24th, 2013, 09:48 AM
Seer Deluxe

I guess Foscams don't really work in HSTouch...

Thanks loowee. I just don't understand since HS markets these Foscams as being fully functional within the software. Can you point me towards info on how to create the HTML page you reference?
Old December 24th, 2013, 11:15 AM
Seer Deluxe

hstouch PTZ control

Hi Sheriff !

I fiddled around a bit with that thing and got the controls to work with the FOSCAM command parameters.

Here is a link to the commands for controls : http://www.foscam.es/descarga/ipcam_cgi_sdk.pdf

It is basically a direct URL that triggers the appropriate command. My question for the HStouch guys is now : How do I call a direct URL ( http://192.168.0.85:81/decoder_control.cgi?command=0&onestep=0 ) for example from an hstouch standard button ?

The command 0 in this case triggers an UP movement of one step.

As for the video feed, simply make a text element, check ISHTML and use this code for the text : http://192.168.0.85:81/snapshot.jpg?...=******&strm=0

Have fun !
Old December 24th, 2013, 11:19 AM
Seer Deluxe

Thumbs up hstouch PTZ control

Note that I use the insteon ptz cam which I figured was copied from the foscamm which is probably another copy of some chinese product.

Works well. Im surprised noone ever mentionned this on this forum yet...

Just need to get the controls to pass from hstouch to the IP cam and I'll be a happy camper. Hstouch is clearly not a finished product but after many months of going around all bugs, I managed to get a decent interface working on android.
Old December 25th, 2013, 08:01 PM
Seer Deluxe

You need to make an event in Homeseer to run a hsscript (gotta look and check which call) for each button and then in HSTouch point your buttons at each respective event.

John
Old December 25th, 2013, 08:06 PM
Seer Deluxe

Sheriff,
Can you open the camera page (link) that you used in your project from your iPads browser (not in HSTouch) if you can bring it up there then we can make it work in HSTouch. Also did you deploy the same project file to both your windows machine and your iPad? If so that may be it right there.
John
Old January 1st, 2014, 07:26 PM
Seer Deluxe

Did you get your cameras streaming ok? There is a much better way than the "Is Video -True" method. Also your pan and tilt should be simple to implement.
Let us know,
John
Old January 1st, 2014, 08:06 PM
Seer Deluxe

Sorry I've missed all these replies, vacation. I have not yet tried loowee's suggestion. Yes, lj502, I can access the cam on an ipad browser. What shall I do now?
Old January 3rd, 2014, 01:08 AM
Seer Deluxe

Hi guys !

I tought I had the video part working but it seems I was wrong. Finally got the scripting working on the controls but video only shows first image and does not refresh. It does that on android an windows clients.

As mentioned earlier, this is a Insteon ptz cam copied on the foscam ptz codes. Here is a URL used to capture a Motion JPEG sequence, that<s what I use on my dvr softwares.

http://192.168.0.85:81/snapshot.jpg?...=******&strm=0

Any idea ?
Old January 3rd, 2014, 10:27 AM
Seer Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by loowee View Post
Hi guys !

I tought I had the video part working but it seems I was wrong. Finally got the scripting working on the controls but video only shows first image and does not refresh. It does that on android an windows clients.

As mentioned earlier, this is a Insteon ptz cam copied on the foscam ptz codes. Here is a URL used to capture a Motion JPEG sequence, that<s what I use on my dvr softwares.

http://192.168.0.85:81/snapshot.jpg?...=******&strm=0

Any idea ?
First, let me say I think it is great you are getting close on your HSTouch project on android / windows clients.

Now some subjects that may help (and please remember these are off-the-cuff and not verified).

1. I create events for all the PT/PTZ camera controls and simply assign buttons in HSTouch to trigger events. In this way, I can simply update the camera details in the event if I replace a camera or change it's ip address/port / user/pass combo. No redeploy required. Time-saver!
2. The isvideo and update period for the image to give you slow-stop-motion video simulation in your HSTouch designer properties must be set properly.

One thing you may want to also do is force the image to be in the background or foreground (each project / device seems to like one or the other), and then bring it forward or backward until the image begins to update.

I have had every variation of these for iPhone/iPad/Kindle Fire/Nexus 7/Samsung S4/Windows, and there seems to be no magic solution that fits all cameras and deployed clients. That's merely my experience with the designer and clients for HSTouch. You may find a magic solution and if so, please share.

Automating made easy
Old January 8th, 2014, 08:02 PM
Seer Deluxe

Circles lj502, Come In...

lj502, are you still out there?? After exhausting all my resources, wearing out the message board and finally deciding that Foscam really wasn't supported in HSTouch, you left several year end posts saying there was a simple way to do it; I'd sure love to hear what that is. To recap: I have a Foscam F18910W with a fully accessible ip address. I set up a "Cam" page in designer. I deployed to my PC and to my iPad using the standard URL: http://IP ADDRESS/snapshot.cgi?user=NAME&pwd=PASSWORD. The page opens on my PC and image appears correctly, but the page will not even open on my iPad. I continue to wonder if it might be the third question (following User and Password) on the Foscam login screen "ActiveX, Server Push or Mobile". Since iPad doesn't play with ActiveX, it might be wanting an input that I don't see. Any help? Thanks.
Old January 9th, 2014, 03:36 PM
Seer Deluxe

The Answer...

OK, here's the answer from HS Technical: I'm not crazy; Foscam has not heretofore been supported in HSTouch for ios or Android. However, an update for HSTouch might be out today that supports Android. They expect another update in mid-February that supports ios. Keep your fingers crossed...
Old January 17th, 2014, 11:29 AM
HomeSeer Technologies

Let me clear this up. You can display Foscam snapshots in IOS, it has always been there. I will describe how to do it below.

In the next IOS app update though we did add the ability to display video without any configuration. The default project has a camera chooser screen that will automatically discover your Foscam cameras, list them, and then when you pick one it will display it. This is done through the HSTouch Server plugin, version 3.0.0.15 or later is required for this. If you changed the password on the camera you will have to enter the password in the HSTouch Server config, but that is all the configuration you will have to do.

For now, if you want to add video to your own project do this:

1) Add an image element to your screen
2) In the ImageURLNormal property enter the snapshot URL to your camera. For example:

http://192.168.2.68:7888/snapshot.cg...=USER&pwd=PASS

Change the IP and PORT to your camera IP and port (if on port 80 leave out the :7888. Set the USER to your username (admin is the default). If you never changed the password, leave it blank (pwd=).

Set the IsVideo property to True

Deploy the project to your IOS device and you should see the video.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheriff View Post
OK, here's the answer from HS Technical: I'm not crazy; Foscam has not heretofore been supported in HSTouch for ios or Android. However, an update for HSTouch might be out today that supports Android. They expect another update in mid-February that supports ios. Keep your fingers crossed...

website | products | support | youtube
Old April 23rd, 2016, 08:07 PM
Seer Deluxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjh View Post
For now, if you want to add video to your own project do this:

1) Add an image element to your screen
2) In the ImageURLNormal property enter the snapshot URL to your camera. For example:

http://192.168.2.68:7888/snapshot.cg...=USER&pwd=PASS

Change the IP and PORT to your camera IP and port (if on port 80 leave out the :7888. Set the USER to your username (admin is the default). If you never changed the password, leave it blank (pwd=).

Set the IsVideo property to True

Deploy the project to your IOS device and you should see the video.
THANK YOU!!!! I spent so much time trying to get this to work. I actually tried it with an image element and setting it on video but I didn't realize that I just put the streaming url into the IMAGEUrlNormal. I tried to somehow connect it with the Cam1 that was generated by the NetCam login. However, I guess that one will only be used to control the camera but not for getting the stream. Although this is not being done through NetCam it would be helpful to elaborate in the NetCam help file on what exactly can be done with it and what cannot (like the streaming).
Old June 3rd, 2016, 04:21 PM
Seer Deluxe

Rich can you give clear instructions like this on how to get the buttons working?
TouchServer, RFXCom, Z-Wave, GlobalCachePro, NetCam
Envisalink, NEST, Kodi, EasyTrigger, FaceRecognition, Kinect
SONOS, weatherXML, PushOver, BLLAN, BLBackup, CurrentCost3P, PHLocation
ASPXloader, BatteryMonitor, DeviceList, EventList, Links, Grouping, IniEditor, IPupdate, RSS, FileGrabber