HS3 Vista Alarm plugin v3.0.0.10 Release

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

value of plugin

I have an Ademco panel (vista10) which I will be replacing with a different unit and trying to decide on which way to go. I have not integrated into my HS3 System and was looking at another Ademco panel but noticed this plugin has to be one of the most expensive security pluggins that HS sells. Is the integration of the ad2usb by nutech worth the additional cost? If so I do not have a problem paying it but I noticed envisalink and DSC have plugins that are via the plugin menu and cost $10 less. I figure the hardware modules are going to price about the same.

Comment

If you already have a lot of ademco RF sensors, its probably not worth changing brands. the sensors are what ultimately drive the cost of the implementation.

Most of the users here already had working ademco vista systems and so getting the ad2usb & plugin (regardless of cost) was an easy choice to integration with HS. You should be able to find dozen of happy users and their success stories here.

if you have the luxury of starting over, you should look at all the options to see what fits your needs the best.
      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
      Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
      Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
      Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Well I went ahead and purchased the ad2usb before determining what the price was for the plugin, and now trying to evaluating the plugin now. I went through the instructions as for getting the plugin to show in homeseer, but I do not know what I am suppose to do after this to get it to work. Do I have to know what my partitions and zone names are before configuring the homeseer plugin, or will it pull the configuration from the panel? I have used the ad2usb software on my vista 10, and when reviewing the logs, I do not see how the homeseer plugin is going to determine which door or sensor has went off. I opened up some different doors and windows and the results were the same. One door is the garage door with the time delay for setting the alarm and the other was a window with no time delay. below are what the log entries looked like.

Code:
        [0000030110000000----],002,[f70000008002030c28000000000000]," DISARMED CHIME Press * Key     " - masterbed room window
        [0000030110000000----],002,[f70000008002030c28000000000000]," DISARMED CHIME Press * Key     " - garage door

Comment

Originally posted by ehinkle27 View Post
          Well I went ahead and purchased the ad2usb before determining what the price was for the plugin, and now trying to evaluating the plugin now. I went through the instructions as for getting the plugin to show in homeseer, but I do not know what I am suppose to do after this to get it to work. Do I have to know what my partitions and zone names are before configuring the homeseer plugin, or will it pull the configuration from the panel? I have used the ad2usb software on my vista 10, and when reviewing the logs, I do not see how the homeseer plugin is going to determine which door or sensor has went off. I opened up some different doors and windows and the results were the same. One door is the garage door with the time delay for setting the alarm and the other was a window with no time delay. below are what the log entries looked like.

Code:
          [0000030110000000----],002,[f70000008002030c28000000000000]," DISARMED CHIME Press * Key     " - masterbed room window
          [0000030110000000----],002,[f70000008002030c28000000000000]," DISARMED CHIME Press * Key     " - garage door
          the plugin needs to be configured with with partition information, and user codes. its not possible for the plugin to read this from the panel.

complete the config page and partition page of the plugin. the ad2usb should be on a unique address from other keypads.

you will also need to create the Zones within the plugin before the plugin can process faults, etc.
          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
          Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
          Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
          Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Hey Mark, I might have missed this somewhere. But in the HS3 version is there a way to read text from the message panel and run an event that way? I remember I did that with the HS2 version where I had HS send me a text when the alarm was tripped and was gonna go off, "disarm now or alarm occurs" or something of that nature.

Comment

Originally posted by jayman13 View Post
              Hey Mark, I might have missed this somewhere. But in the HS3 version is there a way to read text from the message panel and run an event that way? I remember I did that with the HS2 version where I had HS send me a text when the alarm was tripped and was gonna go off, "disarm now or alarm occurs" or something of that nature.
              i think it was called the vista alarm message trigger in hs2. if you don't see something similar in hs3 then maybe i need to add it.
              Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

HS3 Vista Alarm plugin v3.0.0.10 Release

Thanks. There are no specific vista alarm trigger types like there were in HS2. For instance, in HS2 that would be an option in the pulldown wherein HS3 that is not there unless I installed incorrectly. Also, how come your plugin isn't listed in the updater? Thanks again.

Comment

Thanks. There are no specific vista alarm trigger types like there were in HS2. For instance, in HS2 that would be an option in the pulldown wherein HS3 that is not there unless I installed incorrectly. Also, how come your plugin isn't listed in the updater? Thanks again.
                  the trigger is there under Vista Alarm Special Triggers...its called the Vista Alarm Message Trigger

I need to resubmit the plugin to the updater...i guess my submission get lost.
                  Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Got it. Don't know how I missed it. Thanks for a great plugin!

Comment

Got it. Don't know how I missed it. Thanks for a great plugin!
                      thanks. what panel are you using?
                      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

I think its the vista 20p

Comment

I think its the vista 20p
                          if you have time, can you give the v3.0.0.12 a try. its posted on the following thread:
                          http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.p...0&postcount=35

I made a couple of changes related to Bypass and would like feedback from other 20p users.

if you don't use bypass at all then I wouldn't bother.
                          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Yeah, I think I've only used bypass once in my life.

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
                              if you have time, can you give the v3.0.0.12 a try. its posted on the following thread:
                              http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.p...0&postcount=35

I made a couple of changes related to Bypass and would like feedback from other 20p users.

if you don't use bypass at all then I wouldn't bother.
                              I use bypass all the time. I installed .12. I have a vista 20p, What changes were made?

I set my alarm everynight via HStouch and scripts. The workflow goes like this. First I hit the Arm (stay, away, nightstay) button. This pops up a confirmation page that when you hit yes it runs a script and checks the status of the partition. If the partition is ready it arms the alarm, If it is faulted it loads another confirmation page (via script and hstouch actions) that says "zones are faulted, Bypass all" If you hit yes it bypasses all and then runs arms the alarm.

I also have a 3d rendered floorplan that I use on a regular basis. I have buttons next to each zone. I use a script on button press that checks the zone status. If it is faulted or normal it loads a confirmation screen that prompts you to bypass that particular zone. If it in bypass already it essentially enter your code+1 to reset all zones since you can't individually reset zones with the vista 20p

All these functions still seem to work

Comment

Originally posted by skarragallagher View Post
                                I use bypass all the time. I installed .12. I have a vista 20p, What changes were made?

I set my alarm everynight via HStouch and scripts. The workflow goes like this. First I hit the Arm (stay, away, nightstay) button. This pops up a confirmation page that when you hit yes it runs a script and checks the status of the partition. If the partition is ready it arms the alarm, If it is faulted it loads another confirmation page (via script and hstouch actions) that says "zones are faulted, Bypass all" If you hit yes it bypasses all and then runs arms the alarm.

I also have a 3d rendered floorplan that I use on a regular basis. I have buttons next to each zone. I use a script on button press that checks the zone status. If it is faulted or normal it loads a confirmation screen that prompts you to bypass that particular zone. If it in bypass already it essentially enter your code+1 to reset all zones since you can't individually reset zones with the vista 20p

All these functions still seem to work

2 changes:
                                1. an improvement on catching bypass msgs (that were previously missed msgs)
                                2. logic change to make sure the plugin doesn't set the status of a faulted device to Bypass just because another sensor is in bypass.

i would suggest running through your usual scenarios and making sure they still work
                                Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
                                X