Fibaro double relay switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fibaro double relay switch

This is my first time of using a z-wave light switch so I am very much in learning mode. I have managed to install a controller and plug ok.

My electrician has just installed the relay and I am now trying to associatte with my Aoetec Z-stick. After installation he left a normal on/off switch whilst plastering was undertaken switching that caused the lights to go on and off as expected however I did not try to associated with the stick.

Once changed for the momentary stick the lights were then on permanently and pressing the momentary switch causes then to go off until the switch is released.

I don't seem to be able to associate the relay with the stick. I have tried pushing the momentary switch three times and also depressing the 'B' button on the relay three times neither cause the blue flashing light on the stick to go static despite the switch being next to the relay.

When I depress the associate button on the device it seems to change the mode of the lights on switch 1 to be permanently off and pushing then briefly turns them on. the lights on switch 2 are not affected.

I did try and import the node information into Homeseer doing 'import and scan' and no new nodes were found.

I guess I am doing something wrong but not sure what, any ideas?

Steve

You have to do the three presses very quickly to get these to include. It can take a few tries before you manage to do it quick enough. Persevere.
    Steve

Comment

Are you referring to the Fibaro FGS221 (2 x 1.5Kw) switch ?

There shouldn't be any problems including them into the zwave network. Not quite sure I understand the method you are trying. Is it using a battery controlled ZStick to do the remote includes/excludes. I personally use ZTool (a Homeseer software tool) running on a laptop. I just temporarily move my zstick out of the main homeseer machine to the laptop and then when done move it back and Import nodes (using Homeseer controller options)

The device defaults to toggle switch mode (parameter 14) and can only be changed to momentary switch mode by associating it to a controller like Homeseer. Once you manage to get it included into Homeseer then you will be able set the device up correctly for your needs.

You may be interested in this thread which discusses some possible issues with the newer version 2 devices.

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...ghlight=fgs221

Comment

D

Yes it is the 2x1.5 relay and Thank you I was obviously being far too slow on my three clicks once I had speeded up them up the relay was recognised by the stick. However the relay is a bit too far from the controller so I need to probably add some more nodes to creat a bit more of a mesh than I currently have (2 nodes)

Steve

Comment

I have now managed to get the double relay to work correctly with momentary switches by setting parameter 14 to 0.

I can't control from Homeseer and status reporting seems intermittent in that switch 1 never reports status and switch 2 seems to.

I have three devices showing in homeseer a master which says no status and two orphans Fibaro Switch Binary Node 7 Child EP1 and EP2 which have an off and off. Selecting on / off makes absolutely no difference on either switch.

I seem to have the same association status as shown on this post http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=171548

Is there something else I need to be setting to control the lights from homeseer?

Steve

Comment

I have just installed another of these devices - this time it's a V2.1 device.

For my application I wanted to monitor S1 and S2 inputs only. It was included into Homeseer as expected with group associations set as
            Group1 - Homeseer, EP1
            Group2 - Homeseer,EP2
            Group3 - Homeseer.

and then set parameter 13 to value 1 (device status = key status) and parameter 14 to value 1 (toggle switch).

Well I was hoping for both inputs to report status change to homeseer whenever S1 and/or S2 detected voltage - however I only get S2 (the 2nd channel). Tried various combinations of parameter values as well.

Looking at the device documentation there is a new (for v2) reference to the following:

The first channel is operated by a push-button connected to S1 terminal and it is the main (default) channel
            The association of the second channel of the double relay switch may be operated only by devices supporting multi-channel association.

Therefore would I be correct in thinking the device will only report status change on S2 ?

Neil

Comment

That looks consistent with what I am continuing to see on my system. I am only getting status reporting on the second channel.

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by naellis View Post
                I have just installed another of these devices - this time it's a V2.1 device.

For my application I wanted to monitor S1 and S2 inputs only. It was included into Homeseer as expected with group associations set as
                Group1 - Homeseer, EP1
                Group2 - Homeseer,EP2
                Group3 - Homeseer.

and then set parameter 13 to value 1 (device status = key status) and parameter 14 to value 1 (toggle switch).

Well I was hoping for both inputs to report status change to homeseer whenever S1 and/or S2 detected voltage - however I only get S2 (the 2nd channel). Tried various combinations of parameter values as well.

Looking at the device documentation there is a new (for v2) reference to the following:

The first channel is operated by a push-button connected to S1 terminal and it is the main (default) channel
                The association of the second channel of the double relay switch may be operated only by devices supporting multi-channel association.

Therefore would I be correct in thinking the device will only report status change on S2 ?

Neil
                I may be wrong but the way I understand it is:

The FGS-221 has 2 relays inside. Each of these is represented in Homeseer as a binary switch. When you add one of these devices you will get a root device and 2 children. The 2 children represent the state of the relays, not the inputs.

S1 directly controls Relay 1 but S2 does not control Relay 2. Like the other Fibaro FGx devices, S2 can be used to control devices associated to group 2.

I have an FGS-221 set up here without any local switches so both Relays are controlled either by HS or by association from other devices. Either way the status is correctly represented in HS.

Paul..

Comment

Originally posted by sooty View Post
                  I may be wrong but the way I understand it is:

The FGS-221 has 2 relays inside. Each of these is represented in Homeseer as a binary switch. When you add one of these devices you will get a root device and 2 children. The 2 children represent the state of the relays, not the inputs.

S1 directly controls Relay 1 but S2 does not control Relay 2. Like the other Fibaro FGx devices, S2 can be used to control devices associated to group 2.

I have an FGS-221 set up here without any local switches so both Relays are controlled either by HS or by association from other devices. Either way the status is correctly represented in HS.

Paul..

Yes, I have the same devices also being controlled by HS. They are of the v1.4 variety and no problems at all just as you describe. However this is the first time I've tried using these V2 types to monitor S1 and S2 states alone - no switches, and not using the relay outputs. One or two other users have reported issues with these V2 devices but I don't think there is any definitive verdict on them yet. So I don't know if I will ever be able to get the S1 state reported to HS unless I was switching the S1 relay.

Neil

Comment

Originally posted by sooty View Post
                    I'm not sure you are correct Paul. Looking through my devices I do have one 2x1.5kW Ver 2.1 which is connected for local control on both inputs. It is behind a double switch box into which I fitted 2 neon bulbs connected across the outputs. These can be switched locally by the physical switches and remotely from HS3. The neon bulbs indicate the status of the relays and HS3 shows instant status. This device is by my front door and is used to represent 2No occupancy states. I can flick the switches as I enter or leave or I can set them remotely. All 3 association groups are set to Homeseer although it might well still work if only group 3 is set, I haven't tested on this particular device.
                    I have the various parameters set so that the outputs status matches the input status, it doesn't toggle. In other words if S1 was on and I turn it off remotely, I need to turn the local switch off then on to turn it on again locally, if that makes sense.
                    So I would conclude that both relays work the same way, i.e. controlled by their respective inputs and respond to ZWave commands and report instant status.

I have just checked and this device reports Lib: 3.42 App: 2.1.

Steve
                    Last edited by SteveMSJ; February 18, 2015, 05:28 PM.

Comment

Whilst checking this info on the ZWave tab it reminds me that anytime I display the associations of a ZWave device, I get a PopupZwaveAssociate error in the log. It doesn't seem to cause a problem and I did report it on Bugzilla some time ago, but never got a response. Do you see these errors?
                      Steve

Comment

No, I haven't seen any of those Steve.

Comment

Well it seems I wasn't watching closely enough at what state the device was in at each status change. What I am actually getting is Status = ON, Value =255 when there is NO power at S2 and vice versa.......that is totally opposite to what I would expect. Do you get the same ?

I have params 13 & 14 set to 1..

Neil

Comment

Originally posted by naellis View Post
                            Well it seems I wasn't watching closely enough at what state the device was in at each status change. What I am actually getting is Status = ON, Value =255 when there is NO power at S2 and vice versa.......that is totally opposite to what I would expect. Do you get the same ?

I have params 13 & 14 set to 1..

Neil
                            Bizarre. I also have params 13 & 14 set to 1, the local switches are bistable. I wired the local switches up so that power is applied to the inputs when the switches are in the ON position and the status reported is correct. I also have a number of other Fibaro switches (though not 2.1) around the house with inputs monitoring voltages and they report the correct status.

It might be worth turning all power off to the switch, or disconnect it, temporarily and then try it again.

Steve

Comment

I have a version 2.1 device. I have just tried with parameters 13 set to 1 and I am seeing the same behaviours. SC2 works perfectly as expected. SC1 does not register any local change. If I turn it on or off via HS it works fine i. If I turn it off or on locally the change is state is not registered.

Steve

Comment

Working...
                              X