www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > Energy Management Plug-ins > Energy Management Discussion > HomeSeer Current Cost Envi Plug-in

HomeSeer Current Cost Envi Plug-in Discussions related to the Current Cost Envi plug-in which is used with the Current Cost energy monitor.

Old November 16th, 2015, 11:43 PM
Seer Plus

COM Driver for Windows 8

I moved my HS3 to a stick computer running Windows 8.1. All plugins working nicely with the exception that I cannot get the windows driver for the Current Cost USB-Serial (RJ45) adapter to function.

I DL'd driver directly from Current Cost that states it supports Win 7. Has anyone a solution for getting the USB-Serial adapter that shipped /w the Current Cost house meter to work with Windows 8?

Does anyone have a pin-out of the RJ45 end? With this I likely could adapt any USB/Serial adapter to work.
Old November 17th, 2015, 12:16 PM
OverSeer

Post #345 onwards may be of use to you - http://forums.homeseer.com/showthrea...165447&page=18 concerning the driver situation.

I ended up just re-using a MAX232 board with a serial port, only two wires on the RJ45 needed - pin 4 is ground and pin 8 is data out IIRC 3V TTL though.
Old November 25th, 2015, 05:12 PM
Seer Deluxe

Win 10 - C2 terminal works

All I did was load a prolific driver vesion 3.3.2 version 2008 yes that early and it works....Of course HS3 opens port but isn't logging any data yet....But the C2 terminal says the data is being sent to the port.
Old November 25th, 2015, 05:34 PM
OverSeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmurphy View Post
All I did was load a prolific driver vesion 3.3.2 version 2008 yes that early and it works....Of course HS3 opens port but isn't logging any data yet....But the C2 terminal says the data is being sent to the port.
If you are a new user just keep an eye on it, I could get one similar age driver to work in terms of installing but it ended up crashing my plugin...you may and I hope you have better luck though!
Old November 25th, 2015, 05:54 PM
Seer Deluxe

I've been using it for years in HS2/Win 7....decided to bite the bullet and try HS3/Win10...

might regret that yet...but for now we'll keep on trucking.
Old November 28th, 2015, 08:43 AM
Seer Deluxe

When I switched to 3rd party currentcost plugin it just worked.... So win 10 / 3.3 polific 2008 driver and 3p currentcost work.....more on reliability later.