Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Aeotec Smart Appliance Module not showing in Energy section - Solved!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aeotec Smart Appliance Module not showing in Energy section - Solved!

I have a few of these and just added a new one - when I paired it, HS3 did not set any of the Settings, so no energy usage was being relayed in the Setting Groups.

I changed this and waited 16 hours... still nothing.

It is seeing energy from the other modules, same model, just fine. The switch works fine, gives proper Zwave responses, all the child devices exists, etc.
    Attached Files

Originally posted by Ltek View Post
    I have a few of these and just added a new one - when I paired it, HS3 did not set any of the Settings, so no energy usage was being relayed in the Setting Groups.

I changed this and waited 16 hours... still nothing.

It is seeing energy from the other modules, same model, just fine. The switch works fine, gives proper Zwave responses, all the child devices exists, etc.
    I've found that adding devices to the energy DB to be patchy, some times it appears to add them fine then other times it simply fails to add them (returning false from the call but no explanation why! The documentation is a bit patchy about it also). I've almost given up on it but it might be worthwhile having a look in the energy database by opening it in a SQL browser, I believe from memory there is a table populated with the device references it has found and if that is missing then it's a HS issue.

Comment

Originally posted by mrhappy View Post
      I've found that adding devices to the energy DB to be patchy, some times it appears to add them fine then other times it simply fails to add them (returning false from the call but no explanation why! The documentation is a bit patchy about it also). I've almost given up on it but it might be worthwhile having a look in the energy database by opening it in a SQL browser, I believe from memory there is a table populated with the device references it has found and if that is missing then it's a HS issue.
      When I use a viewer on that is shows the device in there... as well as 2 other devices I removed long ago

Good news is that EnergyData table shows the new device is sending data and the DB is capturing it.

So, looks like HS3 is just not pulling it into the Drop-down on the Energy Screen. I don't see a table for that so it seems that HS3 does it on the fly - just not properly ?

Comment

I rebooted and it started working properly. I suspect since the settings were not populated by HS3 when paired, it didnt add it... and after I set them, the reboot was required for HS3 to 'pick them up'... Not a "robust" system if it requires a reboot.

Finding LOTS more bugs in HS3 than I expected for 17 year old system.

Comment

Working...
        X