Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sonos Playbar broadcast TV as Source

I stumbled across an interesting event.

I have an event to "Announce the Weather" on the Sonos in the Garage. It works perfectly.

Click image for larger version

Name:	G announce.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	13.9 KB
ID:	1211663

This morning I was watching TV attached to a Soundbar when my wife left the house which triggered the "Announce Weather" event. To my surprise the Garage Sonos started playing the TV as its source after the announcement ended. It continues to play in the garage. I don't see any event in the Log showing the TV becoming the source

Click image for larger version

Name:	tvsonos.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	6.5 KB
ID:	1211664

I didn't know it had this ability.

First is this a glitch ?

Second How do I set this up this TV as source, I would like to do this when I want it to?

Thanks for Sharing

Devoir

Originally posted by devoir View Post
    I stumbled across an interesting event.

I have an event to "Announce the Weather" on the Sonos in the Garage. It works perfectly.

[ATTACH]64838[/ATTACH]

This morning I was watching TV attached to a Soundbar when my wife left the house which triggered the "Announce Weather" event. To my surprise the Garage Sonos started playing the TV as its source after the announcement ended. It continues to play in the garage. I don't see any event in the Log showing the TV becoming the source

[ATTACH]64839[/ATTACH]

I didn't know it had this ability.

First is this a glitch ?

Second How do I set this up this TV as source, I would like to do this when I want it to?

Thanks for Sharing

Devoir
    You can always group any player you want, which is different from you can play tv (input) on any other player just by itself.
    I think you got into this situation because the garage player didn’t ungroup from your announcement .
    Which version of the PI are you using? If on the 3.0.0.x baseline you should upgrade because it doesn’t properly supports playbars.
    Dirk
    Last edited by dcorsus; December 4, 2017, 01:47 AM.

Comment

I'm currently using 3.1.0.18

I will check it tomorrow to see if it ungroups.

Many Thanks for your support

Devoir

Comment

Working...
      X