This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Way2Call or Alternative

For the second time in three years my Way2Call appears to have died. I can communicate with it via the Way2Call wizard but there are no lights on the device and HomeSeer doesn't detect Off Hook.
    Has anyone successfully tried another device to mimic the Way2Call? Anyone have a spare that they don't need?

Thanks.
    Don

Did you shut down HS and reset the W2Call box with the Wizard?

Did you check if you power supply is good?

Have you had a storm or lightning or a surge lately?
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
      Did you shut down HS and reset the W2Call box with the Wizard?

Did you check if you power supply is good?

Have you had a storm or lightning or a surge lately?
      Tried that stuff, checked wiring, etc. The power went out momentary three times in a couple of hours, that might have done it in, dunno. If it is dead,
      this is the second one.

Thanks
      Don

Comment

I have lost one of them to a storm over the last 10 to 12 years I think. I make sure to keep them on a decent UPS to make sure to protect them the best I can and I used to have the outside phone line protected as well, but since it is voip now from ooma I don't have the line protected any longer, but do still use a UPS for as much of my HS equipment that I can.

Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by donstephens View Post
          I can communicate with it via the Way2Call wizard but there are no lights on the device and HomeSeer doesn't detect Off Hook.
          Does it successfully pass all the tests done by the wizard? I had something similar happen a few years back and was able to get it working by switching it to another USB port - might be worth trying. I shut down the PC, disconnected the W2C, restarted PC without HS starting and without the W2C plug in, plugged in the W2C, ran the wizard to verify all OK, then restarted HS.

Has anyone successfully tried another device to mimic the Way2Call?
          HSphone only supports the W2C and the Homeseer PCI modem, which hasn't been available for years. HS actually looks for the device i.d.s when it starts, so anything other that those two devices is just ignored.
          Fred

HomeSeer Pro 3.0.0.548, HS3Touch, Zwave 3.0.1.252, Envisalink DSC 3.0.0.40, WeatherXML, Z-stick, HS phone, Way2Call

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions guys. Pete suggested disconnecting it for a bit and then retrying it. I'll give that a go. Perhaps drop it in a boiling vat of oil... :-)
            Don

Comment

That did it. (Not the boiling vat of oil) All is well now.

Thanks again all.

Originally posted by donstephens View Post
              Thanks for the suggestions guys. Pete suggested disconnecting it for a bit and then retrying it. I'll give that a go. Perhaps drop it in a boiling vat of oil... :-)
              Don

Comment

Good news Don!

Here playing with a hodge podge of telephony in the house. (copper, 2 voip and one cellular ==> my multiline phones)

I also utilize cellular as a back up to primary cable internet with my PFSense firewall.

Using a 3G modem now to provide a 4th phone line to the house plus internet backup. I want to go to a similiar modem except change it to LTE.

Did a test this morning of the Internet connectivity here in the house and failed over to the 3G internet connection. Noticed a slow down surfing but it worked just fine for me.

Here was complaining to T-Mobile cuz my LTE speeds were piss poor last year. They responded by telling me that they were oversubscribed. That said have noticed much better LTE speeds such that I think they installed a new tower in town?

[ATTACH]66369[/ATTACH]
                Last edited by Pete; February 3, 2018, 09:41 AM.
                - Pete

Auto mator
                Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
                HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Working...
                X