This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More than 5 licenses please!

ANy chance that you guys at HS up the number of clients in standard HStouch?

most of us have more than 5 rooms!

Also I am considering going to HSPRO from HS2 (multiple Zwave controllers) and it includes HStouch...would HSPRO have "UNLIMITED"
    number of HStouch clients?

If not how do you expect the priceing to be for more than 5 licenses? I think $199 is already pretty expensive!

I would recommend putting in a help desk ticket and ask about the pricing options.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I have the same question but at this point it's only a budgetary number. I put $50/client license additional into my remodeling budget but it's pretty trivial considering I'm now budgeting $1500/each for full Windows OS touchscreens.
      "if I have seen further [than others], it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." --Sir Isaac Newton (1675)

Comment

Originally posted by kenm View Post
        I have the same question but at this point it's only a budgetary number. I put $50/client license additional into my remodeling budget but it's pretty trivial considering I'm now budgeting $1500/each for full Windows OS touchscreens.
        My thoughts exactly. If I can afford more than 5 touch screens that are all running at the same time then I'm not going to question paying for a couple of more clients.
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Don't forget that this also runs on a standard PC. Most people will not go and buy a touch screen for location that already has a PC.
          Thanks,

T.

Comment

I agree with previous post...hence my original request for more licenses.

Maybe I am mistaken BUT most people have easily 5+ PC/laptops in a house and want to "control" HS with them.

I guess I am mistaken by intended use of HSTouch because I am using it on standard PCs/laptop because of its GRAPHICAL interface (there is nothing close to it in TouchTablet or other HS stuff)

Am I missing something, I am new to HSTouch, still playing around with free trial and wanting to get in before discounted price expires.

Comment

I agree, why not more than 5 licences? I have more than 5 pc in the house.

Comment

I understand what you guys are saying but if you think about the fact that HST is providing 5 client licenses along with the plug-in and designer that seems to align with other, similar product's pricing structure. The way I looked at it when I first saw the $249.95 price was that they were giving away the plug-in and designer and charging $50/client license. That's how I came up with my $50/client license that I've included in my remodeling budget.

As far as using a pc/laptop as a replacement for a touchscreen... That wouldn't fly in my house. I can only imagine telling my wife that she has to open her laptop and click on a screen to use the intercom or listen to music in the kitchen. It would be a race to see which one (me or the HA system) got thrown out the door first.

Using a pc/laptop in addition to a touchscreen? Absolutely. That's why I like the idea that the license limit is simultaneous connections not a per client install.

I have seven "fixed" clients and three "mobile" clients in my budget.

Ken
                "if I have seen further [than others], it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." --Sir Isaac Newton (1675)

Comment

Are you saying that turning off a laptop running as a client automatically releases a license?

Comment

My understanding is that it's simultaneous (or should that be concurrent) connections and when you shutdown the client it frees the license. There is no license to type in when you install the client so you can install it on as many machines as you want.

I've tested this many times on my laptop and you get the DISCONNECT message almost immediately.

Ken

Comment

Working...
                    X