ISY Insteon Beta 1.0.1.8 - Updated 1/11/2009

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ISY Firmware 2.7.7/2 Update

Will anything need to be updated in HS Plugin to support ISY Firmware 2.7.7/2 that is due early next week?

Comment

Originally posted by hart2hart View Post
      Will anything need to be updated in HS Plugin to support ISY Firmware 2.7.7/2 that is due early next week?
      Hi,

I'm not sure the "gold" version will work with the 2.7.7/2 firmware. There are changes to the data format for some of the API's that cause problems.

I've been testing with something close to the 2.7.7/2 and the beta released in this thread, and that has been working fine.
      --
      Bob Paauwe
      ISYInsteon Plug-in
      http://www.bobsplace.com/ISYInsteon/

Comment

I am running the beta version (1.0.1.4) of ISY and version 1.1.2.0 of the Vista Alarm plugin, and I am still receiving the message 'status property on device KITCHENDOOR was accessed - this property has been deprecated and should not be used.'

I'm not receiving the message on other devices, like my lights - installation of the beta has eliminated those messages.

Is this a problem with the ISY plugin, or the Vista Alarm plugin? It's not a terrible problem - I can just ignore the messages - but I'd always rather fix an error message.

(I am also posting on the Vista Alarm forum)

Comment

Originally posted by bpwwer View Post
          Hi,

I'm not sure the "gold" version will work with the 2.7.7/2 firmware. There are changes to the data format for some of the API's that cause problems.

I've been testing with something close to the 2.7.7/2 and the beta released in this thread, and that has been working fine.

To make sure I am clear ... the HS Plugin beta posted in this thread appears to support a very close relative of the 2.7.7/2 firmware? Are you able to test the V2 thermostats?

Comment

To make sure I am clear ... the HS Plugin beta posted in this thread appears to support a very close relative of the 2.7.7/2 firmware? Are you able to test the V2 thermostats?
            Yes, I need to update to the very latest (pre-release) firmware, and I'll try to do that today.

I did upgrade my thermostat adaptor to the v2.0 and have not had any problems with it. However, I am still running a query on the thermostat, it did not seem to be sending temperature updates automatically. That might be a firmware issue, my firmware is almost 2 weeks old now.
            --
            Bob Paauwe
            ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

Ok, I updated my firmware to what should be the 2.7.7/2 or very close to it and the 1.0.1.4 beta version of the plug-in does NOT work with it.

I just uploaded a new version, 1.0.1.5 that is working with new firmware.

So for anyone who wants to try the 2.7.7/2 firmware, please make sure you get the latest beta version of the plug-in and install it.
              --
              Bob Paauwe
              ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

Hey Bob,

where can we get the 1.0.1.5? I am anxious to try it.

Comment

Never mind... just saw it at the begining of the post..

Comment

2.7.8 Alpha

Anyone tried 2.7.8 firmware released last night with this version of Plugin?

Comment

Yes, so far everything seems to be working fine under 2.7.8. I'm not using an Insteon thermostat but all my lighting and scenes are working properly.

Comment

While testing with the 2.7.8 firmware, I did find one problem with the handling of new events for 2.0 thermostats. The call for heating or call for cooling events would cause a crash. I've updated the plug-in and uploaded the new version. See the first post in this thread.
                        --
                        Bob Paauwe
                        ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

Hey Bob,

Happy new Year...

I was wondering if you had plans to add individual devices codes for each of the main fuctions of the thermostats.. as we discussed previously, a seperate house and device code for:
                          Heat set point
                          cool set point
                          Fan Mode
                          Device Mode
                          Current Temp
                          Humidity

Like some others I have written a script to do it on my own, however it would be much nicer it is was native to your plugin now that the thermos 2.0 are working...

either way you are doing great work and keep it up!

Comment

Originally posted by mbrett View Post
                            Hey Bob,

Happy new Year...

I was wondering if you had plans to add individual devices codes for each of the main fuctions of the thermostats.. as we discussed previously, a seperate house and device code for:
                            Heat set point
                            cool set point
                            Fan Mode
                            Device Mode
                            Current Temp
                            Humidity

Like some others I have written a script to do it on my own, however it would be much nicer it is was native to your plugin now that the thermos 2.0 are working...

either way you are doing great work and keep it up!
                            It's partially done, of course it's been partially done for months now. All the internals have been changed to support a single ISY device that maps to multiple HomeSeer devices, but all the code that deals with HomeSeer devices still needs to be changed to make use of it. It's a pretty invasive change to the program structure.
                            --
                            Bob Paauwe
                            ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

Just received link to ISY Firmware 2.7.9 and wondered if you had tested with it.

Thanks,
                              Paul

Comment

Just received link to ISY Firmware 2.7.9 and wondered if you had tested with it.

Thanks,
                                Paul
                                Hi Paul,

I just got the same message but I haven't had a chance to try it. I probably won't until sometime tonight. I'm not aware of any changes to the API that would effect the operation of the plug-in, but given the number of changes in the firmware, I'd suggest waiting until I have a chance to verify it.
                                --
                                Bob Paauwe
                                ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

Working...
                                X