X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Android client beta 0.0.6 is posted

To install, you need to install 3 pieces of software, links are below:

(The only update in this release is the client)

Keep in mind that this is still considered beta, so please make sure you backup your PC especially your HSTouch project files!

1) Android application for your Android device. This is an APK file that you must copy and run on your Android device. Your device must support side loading of applications. Most devices support this. The current application includes configurations for 480x800 and 480x854. If your device is a different screen size, the 480x800 will load but will not be sized correctly. Both configs are included in the latest designer so you can load and modify these configurations as needed.

2) HSTouch Server Plug-in. Version 1.0.0.25 or later of the HSTouch Server plug-in is required. The client will not connect without this plug-in. Download and run the plug-in installer on your HomeSeer system.

3) HSTouch Designer. Version 1.0.0.51 or later of the HSTouch Designer is required if you wish to create your own screens. The help file has been updated with Android information.

When the client is first run it will attempt to connect to our demo server. You can use this connection to verify operation. To change the connection, press the settings button (in the client app) and select the server connection you want to modify. The client supports up to 3 different servers. Modify the setting then press the back button to return to the cient, then press the settings button again, then select the server to connect to.

Changes from 0.0.4:

Project file changes:

* None

Client 0.0.6 changes:

* Authentication with server is now encrypted, requires version 1.0.0.25 or later of the HSTouch Server Plug-in
    * Fixed screen background images stretching when told not to
    * Password setting is now hidden

Server Plug-in 1.0.0.25 Changes

* Added support for decrypting authentication messages

Please post any issues to this thread.

Links:

(The client is for hardware running Android 2.1 or later. You can install the client on your Android device by pointing it's web browser to the APK file below)

Android Client APK file 0.0.6 for Android 2.1 or 2.2
    HSTouch Server Plug-in 1.0.0.25
    HSTouch Designer 1.0.0.52

If you are using a 1.5 or 1.6 Android client you can try this APK file. It randomly crashes on the Archos 7 tablet so it may not be stable on your hardware:

Android Client APL file 0.0.4 for Android 1.5 or 1.6
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

In the designer i'm using the $date variable [$DATE=dddd d MMMM] which produces the correct output of "Thursday 21 October". On the client however, the output is "Thu21 21 October"

Value modifier "divide by" still doesn't display correctly on the client :-)

Comment

woohoo.. thanks for the encrypted authentication!

Would love to see an option someday for full payload end-to-end but not complaining.

-sphiend

Comment

Problems with multiple Zwave Thermostats

I have four zwave thermostats. When HomeSeer restarts, the order in which the stats shows up under the ZWAVE THERMOSTAT STATUS sometimes changes. (I notice when using scripting the index of the thermostat also is subject to change during homeseer startup.)

This has not been a problem before. However, I have created screens in the HS Touch Designer that reference a specific thermostat. However, when HomeSeer is rebooted, and the order the thermostats are recognized changes, the Desinger screens change! This is kind of hard to explain but my page for the Garage Thermostat starts showing the settings for the 1st floor thermostat.

Any suggestions?

BTW: This Android client is awesome!

Comment

This Android client is awesome!

I'll second mkobos, "This Android client is awesome!" Thanks!

Comment

One Decimal place on Thermostat Screen?

In Designer, my current temperature as well as the cool and heat setpoints display as whole numbers with no decimal places. However, on the Droidx, the values show up with one decimal place - using up precious screen space. Is it possible to eliminate the useless decimal position? Example Heat SetPoint displays as 68.0 Thanks.

Comment

This is an issue with HomeSeer, what version of HomeSeer are you using?

Originally posted by mkobos View Post
              I have four zwave thermostats. When HomeSeer restarts, the order in which the stats shows up under the ZWAVE THERMOSTAT STATUS sometimes changes. (I notice when using scripting the index of the thermostat also is subject to change during homeseer startup.)

This has not been a problem before. However, I have created screens in the HS Touch Designer that reference a specific thermostat. However, when HomeSeer is rebooted, and the order the thermostats are recognized changes, the Desinger screens change! This is kind of hard to explain but my page for the Garage Thermostat starts showing the settings for the 1st floor thermostat.

Any suggestions?

BTW: This Android client is awesome!

Comment

Posted build 0.0.7 which addresses reported issues.

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
                  This is an issue with HomeSeer, what version of HomeSeer are you using?
                  Hi Rich

I'm using HS Pro 2.3.0.137 on windows XP SP3. You may recall that you were on my system in the early summer and we could not get the latest version to work right with the multiple Zwave thermostats so we reverted back to this level.

Mike

Comment

Working...
                  X