This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HSTouch Designer help

I have been playing around with Designer and have some questions.

1) How do I change the resolution of an existing project?

2) I would like to create a play and pause button. When the music is playing it would show the image with || and when the music player is paused it would show the image > on it. I have the buttons created. So is there a way to do this? Is there a way to hide/unhide buttons based on conditions like "Zone 1 Current Player State"? I checked out all the demo projects that came with HSTouch and I have not found an example that worked like that. Some had separate play and pause buttons and a couple looked like it had a single button for play and pause but once paused there was no way to hit play (maybe a bug?)

3) When you create a screen for Windows and run the client is there no way to be able to drag the screen around the desktop?
    John

1) You can go Tools > Project Defaults > Change Width/Height there but it does not resize your screens for you, to resize the screens you need to click on the background of the screen, in the Screen Properties window you should have an entry for height/width for you to change.
    2) Possibly (this is the only way I can think of doing it - may not work for all I know, there may be others) - depending on if your music player sets device values based on play/paused. I've just checked and it looks like the WMP plugin does not (the status device /1 in my case), but you could have a couple of events that set the value of a virtual device based on play/paused/stopped. Then in HSTouch you status track your button to the value of this virtual device/media player device - add the action to the button to toggle play/pause.

HSTouch only supports MatchStatus (on/off/dim) and MatchValue at the moment, some stuff like MatchMedia would be nice.

3) I can drag the client around, right click on the background of the screen and press Client Position - check if you have 'keep client at this screen position' option checked.

Comment

Originally posted by jwilson56 View Post
      2) I would like to create a play and pause button. When the music is playing it would show the image with || and when the music player is paused it would show the image > on it. I have the buttons created. So is there a way to do this? Is there a way to hide/unhide buttons based on conditions like "Zone 1 Current Player State"? I checked out all the demo projects that came with HSTouch and I have not found an example that worked like that. Some had separate play and pause buttons and a couple looked like it had a single button for play and pause but once paused there was no way to hit play (maybe a bug?)
      JRiverMC pluggin does not store player state as device value either. I requested this months back. It can be parsed from the string & stored in vitural device as mrhappy sugggested.
      Larry

Comment

1) Ok found that... would be nice to have it resize all objects and adjust font sized automatically (Netremote will do this).

2) Well I know that JRMC does have the ability to know the play state. Maybe its a bug in the JRMC plugin. Again a working demo skin for JRMC would be nice so that everyone has a starting point to work from. Also not sure how the programmer actually tests out their plugin without having a demo skin to test it all with.

3) I looked at the box is not checked. I have tried a few of the demo project skins and none of them will drag to another position. Not sure where to drag it from but I tried is all over. Another nice option would be to have the option to run the skin 'full screen' (Netremote also has this option).
        John

Comment

Originally posted by jwilson56 View Post
          3) I looked at the box is not checked. I have tried a few of the demo project skins and none of them will drag to another position. Not sure where to drag it from but I tried is all over. Another nice option would be to have the option to run the skin 'full screen' (Netremote also has this option).
          Right-click anywhere on the client, then select Client Options.... You have to have the title-bar visible to move it around the screen.
          Attached Files
          Mike

Comment

Ok thanks
            John

Comment

Working...
            X