Anyone used the StellaZ Radiator Thermostat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone used the StellaZ Radiator Thermostat

Has anyone used the StellaZ Radiator Thermostat as I have been looking for a stat like this in the UK. The Danfoss one will not work with HS and I dont want to splash out on another valve that is not yet working with HS.

Greig.
    Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
    X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
    Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
    Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
    Scripts =
    Various

Originally posted by IanIreland
    Hi - just spotted your post.
    I was looking at the Danfoss thermostat - now I'm wondering what the problem is in relation to HomeSeer. I assumed it would work.
    Do a search for Danfoss on this message board and after a bit of reading you will see why this stat doesn't work with HS.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Sorry - I just found the thread!

Comment

Re: Anyone used the StellaZ Radiator Thermostat

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
        Do a search for Danfoss on this message board and after a bit of reading you will see why this stat doesn't work with HS.
        Rupp this was not a dig at Homeseer. If I did search for Danfoss I guess I would come up with the thread in which I started regarding Danfoss and Homeseer. I understand why it will not work and this is not a problem for me. I just wanted to know if this was an alternative for me here in the UK that may work with Homeseer. If it is supported or known to be working then I will purchase them.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4
        Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
        Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
        Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
        Scripts =
        Various

Comment

Being at the beginning of my search for more control over my heating - I too am interested to see what works with Homeseer.

Comment

Originally posted by enigmatheatre View Post
            Rupp this was not a dig at Homeseer. If I did search for Danfoss I guess I would come up with the thread in which I started regarding Danfoss and Homeseer. I understand why it will not work and this is not a problem for me. I just wanted to know if this was an alternative for me here in the UK that may work with Homeseer. If it is supported or known to be working then I will purchase them.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4
            I didn't read this as a dig and I was simply giving IanIreland a direction in his search.

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
              I didn't read this as a dig and I was simply giving IanIreland a direction in his search.
              Ok sorry it is just you are in post #2 and I was the only one to have posted before you.

Sorry.

Greig.
              Scripts =
              Various

Comment

Ok sorry it is just you are in post #2 and I was the only one to have posted before you.

Sorry.

Greig.
                Yea, IanIreland deleted his post after I responded. This is why we sometimes delete posts so this type of confusion doesn't happen.

Comment

Has anyone used the StellaZ Radiator Thermostat as I have been looking for a stat like this in the UK. The Danfoss one will not work with HS and I dont want to splash out on another valve that is not yet working with HS.

Greig.
                  Hi Greig
                  Have you got any TRVs working yet. I just bought the Danfoss and realised after I tried using it that it wouldn't work with HS2 (or3?). Should have done more research before it bought the kit!

Thought the StellaZ might be worth a shot. I'm going to call Vesternet tomorrow and get their take on the kit as I bought it from them.
                  Cheers
                  Scott (Inverurie)

Comment

Originally posted by ScottRennie View Post
                    Hi Greig
                    Have you got any TRVs working yet. I just bought the Danfoss and realised after I tried using it that it wouldn't work with HS2 (or3?). Should have done more research before it bought the kit!

Thought the StellaZ might be worth a shot. I'm going to call Vesternet tomorrow and get their take on the kit as I bought it from them.
                    Cheers
                    Scott (Inverurie)
                    HI Scott,

No I have had no luck yet but as you will know it is getting to that time of year where I would like to get them installed.

If you contact Vesternet then please do tell me what they say about the StellaZ and if they think it is compatible.

I am very tempted to get one but looking at other systems out there there may be a couple more on the market soon. I was waiting for the Lightwaverf to be available but I have been waiting over a year now.

I will get back to you if I do get anything and test it out on Homeseer.

Greig.
                    Scripts =
                    Various

Comment

HI Scott,

No I have had no luck yet but as you will know it is getting to that time of year where I would like to get them installed.

If you contact Vesternet then please do tell me what they say about the StellaZ and if they think it is compatible.

I am very tempted to get one but looking at other systems out there there may be a couple more on the market soon. I was waiting for the Lightwaverf to be available but I have been waiting over a year now.

I will get back to you if I do get anything and test it out on Homeseer.

Greig.
                      OK, cheers

I'll let you know what Vesternet say....

Comment

I have installed the StellaZ with some issues. The manual talks about a store and forward 'mailbox' so when a job is sent to the TRV it is stored in the controller until the device wakes and reports in.

Does anyone know if Homeseer works in this way?

Still playing with it - if I get anywhere, I'll let you know

See the manual here
                        http://manuals.zwaveeurope.com/make....ku=EUR_STELLAZ

Cheers
                        Scott

Comment

Originally posted by ScottRennie View Post
                          I have installed the StellaZ with some issues. The manual talks about a store and forward 'mailbox' so when a job is sent to the TRV it is stored in the controller until the device wakes and reports in.

Does anyone know if Homeseer works in this way?

Still playing with it - if I get anywhere, I'll let you know

See the manual here
                          http://manuals.zwaveeurope.com/make....ku=EUR_STELLAZ

Cheers
                          Scott
                          Hi there, I would like to know if you have had any further progress on getting the Stella-Z to work with Homeseer. I have bought one to see how it behaves 'out of the box' with HS2. The product gets included into Homeseer as expected, creating Root, Battery, Temperature and Switch Multilevel devices. I set the wakeup interval to 15 mins and it reports battery, Temp and valve position as a percentage on the multilevel device. It installs in the so-called 'Comfort' mode with a setpoint of 22C (default). In this mode the manual says the setpoint can be changed but that's where I'm having difficulties. I hoped the setpoint command would work but clearly the request for the setpoint change is not queued waiting for the device to wakeup. HS tries to send it immediately and returns ERROR in the debug log. What would it take to make just the setpoint change work. It would be fantastic if it could be done because the product responds perfectly otherwise. If more details are required please say.

Kind regards, Neil

Comment

Did you get the Stellar working correctly in the end? I have studied the Danfoss thread and while the new version looks like it will work with HS the stellar reports current temp as well as setpoint as far as i have managed to determine so is more useful to me. Thx in advance.

Comment

Support for StellaZ setpoint changes was added about 3 months ago so HS3 is now able to use temperature, battery, valve position, heat setpoint and energy save setpoint. Mode is also supported but limited to Off, Heat and Energy Save. Direct control of the valve position is not supported and will need a Feature Request to be submitted to get it.

I personally have no need to directly control the valve position and have settled on managing my system using Mode and Setpoint changes as necessary. I currently have 10 units and intend to grow to 18. My heating system is gradually being controlled on a room by room basis. Hope this helps. Neil

Comment

Working...
                              X