Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Amazon Echo Dot Now $49.99 and Echo Coming to the U.K.!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amazon Echo Dot Now $49.99 and Echo Coming to the U.K.!

Here is the story!

Pre-Order Now!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01DFKC2SO

6-Pack (Get one free) and 12-Pack (Get two free) Promo Codes and Info:

https://www.amazon.com/b?node=15284854011

Story:

https://www.google.com/amp/www.cnet....?client=safari

1) Available in Black and White
    2) Available in 6 and 12 packs
    3) Echo Dot drops to $49.99
    4) New multi-echo detection software update coming soon to all echos
    5) Big Home? Buy 10, get two free...http://mashable.com/2016/09/14/amazo.../#nQhvSHGPtOqw
    6) Buy 5, get 1 Free as well!
    Pretty cool!

-Travis
    Last edited by Daweeze; September 14, 2016, 07:34 AM.

Cool! I was thinking they were likely to do some work to handle multi-echo households in answer to the new Google Home devices due to launch this holiday season. Here's a link about item 4 above:

https://www.amazon.com/forum/-/Tx108...sin=B01DFKC2SO

I ordered myself a white 6-pack. At $250 it is not much more than a single Echo.

John
    Last edited by jhearty; September 14, 2016, 08:03 AM.

Comment

Yeah, The Verge was the only site I saw that gave reasonable detail into that....

http://www.theverge.com/circuitbreak...multipacks-esp

-Travis

Comment

I actually just pre-ordered 4 new Amazon Dots about 10 minutes ago
        Cheers,
        Bob
        Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

I did pre-order the 6 pack should be deliver the date of release.

Comment

I just bought a 2.0 Dot as I can finally put it in the last (non-bathroom) location in the house since they will be using the new "ESP" Technology to cancel out the adjacent units in other rooms. This is the kind of option I needed for my home because I have a loft above another room and the kitchen and family room that are essentially connected so you could issue a command and another room could pick up your voice but you wouldn't hear the response from the echo that heard you from far away. Once the update is issued to the software to activate the "ESP" functionality, these larger or shared rooms will be much better supported as only the adjacent unit will respond to you.

So I have the following:

Master Bedroom - Amazon Echo 1.0 (Full Size)
            Kids Bedroom 1 - Amazon Echo Dot 1.0 (Mini)
            Kids Bedroom 2 - Amazon Echo Dot 1.0 (Mini)
            Office/Loft - Amazon Echo Dot 1.0 (Mini)
            Family Room/Kitchen - Amazon Echo Dot 1.0 (Mini)

I just ordered:

Living Room/Great Room - Amazon Echo Dot 2.0 (Mini)
            Garage - Amazon Echo Dot 2.0 (Mini)

In regards to the bathrooms, maybe 3 Room Mic's with a mixer connected to an additional unit down the road.....

-Travis

Comment

Originally posted by Blade View Post
              I actually just pre-ordered 4 new Amazon Dots about 10 minutes ago
              Also being in Canada - Ontario, where did you order these? When I go to the site, it states it won't ship to my address...

Robert
              HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Originally posted by langenet View Post
                Also being in Canada - Ontario, where did you order these? When I go to the site, it states it won't ship to my address...

Robert
                I have an address at the border and I just used that. Works great. Check out kinek
                Cheers,
                Bob
                Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

Robert,

I'm in Sherbrooke, Qc so I use Norman G Jensen Inc at the Vermont border, I know they have one at the Lacolle Border and they charge $5 us to pickup per package, I just had my name and the Norman G Jensen Inc and address, then when the tracking tell me it arrive I just drive there and when coming back to Canada just pay the tx.

Give them a call to be sure they have that service in Lacolle

Street: 102 West Service Road
                  City: Champlain
                  State: New York
                  Phone: (518) 298-3644

Originally posted by langenet View Post

Robert

Comment

Yeah. checked and the UPS in Ogdensburg does the same... It's about a 40 minute drive. I think I'll order one too!

Robert
                    HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Mmmmm, donuts! Half dozen for me.

Google Home's lack of third party support at launch except for maybe a handful of curated walled garden providers is as much a death knell as Chromecast's need for absurdly open Wi-Fi security (no device isolation, no static vs dynamic DHCP lease VLAN isolation) and shaky-if-ever Wi-Fi connectivity. Sorta reminds me of ASR in HSTouch. I sense a trend in origin.

Meanwhile, Echo tolerates my network security without a glitch, even during OOBE, has never dropped a connection, and heals back onto the network after power outages.

Chromecast is a Sri Lankan rain dance, and that's the guy they tagged with launching Home. My Logitech Revue worked better, at least until the seven cent fans failed.
                      Last edited by sleeve; September 14, 2016, 08:53 PM.

Comment

Any word on synchronized multi room audio playback like sonos? Or did the sonos integration with Alexa put that on the backburner??

Comment

Echo Dot Homeseer plugin

Can I just buy the "Dot" and use the homeseer plugin or do I need to get the full size echo as well?

Comment

You only need a Dot.

The Echo Dot has exactly the same functionality as the full sized echo except it only has a very small speaker. It does however have a audio output jack which you can plug into an amplifier etc.
                            Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
                              You only need a Dot.

The Echo Dot has exactly the same functionality as the full sized echo except it only has a very small speaker. It does however have a audio output jack which you can plug into an amplifier etc.
                              NICE!!!!
                              HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

Working...
                              X