Push Notifications?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Push Notifications?

Just wondering if HS might ever consider adding Push Notifications to the iOS app someday? (Presumably something similar also exists for Android). I've been told by developers it's super easy to register to do them. Email -> SMS isn't reliable or timely. I've resorted to using IFTTT to get speedier notifications, but that's extra work for each notification and adds an extra layer of abstraction that occasionally fails.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have you tried Pushover and the free plugin for it? Works great and is very fast.

Cheers
    Al
    HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
    Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post
      Have you tried Pushover and the free plugin for it? Works great and is very fast.

Cheers
      Al

I haven't, I'll check it out, thanks.

That being said, I do think it would make sense for HS to implement built in Notifications. (Unless there's some technical reason to make it a problem).

Regards,

Paul

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Agreed, but don't hold your breath.

The pushover plugin is available here: http://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=163974.

Cheers
        Al
        HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
        Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Pushover is a great solution!

Comment

I also use Pushover and remain very happy with its function. It is always there, always fast and highly configurable. It even lets you respond to emergency messages and trigger events.

That said, HomeSeer does offer popup messages to any device running an HSTouch client. You can configure an event to send a message to all clients or any single client. You can set the duration for the message to remain visible.

Here is the action

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	27.4 KB
ID:	1187118

and here is a screenshot from an iPad client

Name:	Capture1.PNG
Size:	59.0 KB
ID:	1187116

This all works fine as long as the client is in the foreground. If HSTouch is in the background the popup does not show. I use "Daydream" on my android clients such that the display shows a clock when the device is sleeping. The popup does not show until you touch the screen to wake it up.

Pushover is really a lot better, especially on iDevices running iOS10. The Pushover notifications are shown over HSTouch and other apps, the main screen and the lockscreen. The messages are there regardless of what app is active or in the background.

Name:	Capture2.PNG
Size:	49.9 KB
ID:	1187117
            HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Yeah, I need something that can pop up a notification all the time, wherever I am. I've configured Pushover and am going with that for the moment.

Thanks all!

Paul

Comment

If anyone happens upon this old thread like I did, HSBuddy fit the bill for me and is free.
                HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 (Windows Server 8.1 on ESXi box)

Plug-Ins Enabled:
                Z-Wave:,RaspberryIO:,AirplaySpeak:,Ecobee:,
                weatherXML:,JowiHue:,APCUPSD:,PHLocation:,Chromecast:,EasyTr igger:

Comment

Originally posted by wpiman View Post
                  If anyone happens upon this old thread like I did, HSBuddy fit the bill for me and is free.
                  I use HSBuddy for push messages all the time and it works perfectly.

Comment

I tried hsbuddy for awhile but it didn’t really meet my needs. For push notifications I’ve continued using Pushover and have been happy with it now for quite a few years.

Comment

Wasn't that on the disappearing "roadmap?"
                      HomeSeer Version: HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.19.0 (Windows - Running as a Service)
                      Home Assistant 2024.3
                      Operating System: Microsoft Windows 11 Pro - Desktop
                      Z-Wave Devices via two Z-Net G3s
                      Zigbee Devices via RaspBee on RPi 3b+
                      WiFi Devices via Internal Router.

Enabled Plug-Ins
                      AK GoogleCalendar 4.0.4.16,AK HomeAssistant 4.0.1.23,AK SmartDevice 4.0.5.1,AK Weather 4.0.5.181,AmbientWeather 3.0.1.9,Big6 3.44.0.0,BLBackup 2.0.64.0,BLGData 3.0.55.0,BLLock 3.0.39.0,BLUPS 2.0.26.0,Device History 4.5.1.1,EasyTrigger 3.0.0.76,Harmony Hub 4.0.14.0,HSBuddy 4.51.303.0,JowiHue 4.1.4.0,LG ThinQ 4.0.26.0,ONVIF Events 1.0.0.5,SDJ-Health 3.1.1.9,TPLinkSmartHome4 2022.12.30.0,UltraCID3 3.0.6681.34300,Z-Wave 4.1.3.0

Comment

Originally posted by ewkearns View Post
                        Wasn't that on the disappearing "roadmap?"
                        Could be. But given how well Pushover works, I'm ok with Rich focusing his time on other things that really need to get done.

Comment

Working...
                        X